Rhodoks are machines against cavalry

Users who are viewing this thread

My faction, the Kingdom of Rhodoks.Has taken the biggest part of Swadia.
How?
My sergeants destroy the cavalry.
I first put them in a shieldwall of 3 rows.
then i wait
The cavalty rushes into the formation and is surrounded by mad spearman and sergeant chopping up their horses and then the knights themselves.
They also are great in infantry vs infantry

Don't mess with the Rhodoks...

This is no different in this mod I am playing tbh-

Maybe Rhodok Infantry are very strong against Swadian Calvary?

Valencia Ishtamari said:
Maybe Rhodok Infantry are very strong against Swadian Calvary?
Rhodok spearmen are very strong against ANY charging cavalry, and their crossbowmen are also rather formidable.

Against Nords with swords or axes (usually shielded), they're a lot less effective, and those Rhodoks generally get shot up pretty badly by Khergit skirmishers that don't close, at least until the arrows run out.  Vaegir foot troops, often without shields, tend to get ripped up by the crossbows, but are extremely affective against the Rhodoks if they can close.

Swadians have excellent high-tier horsemen, but mediocre foot troops, so the Rhodoks have a great combination to counter them effectively.  No surprise that the Swadians are losing ground to them, it happens in most games.

I prefer to run a mostly Khergit horse group, with a handful of either Swadian or Vaegir knights for added punch, which is powerful against just about anything in the open field.  Add to that a temporary foot contingent of either Nords for offense or Rhodoks for defense, and it's devastatingly effective.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that all the factions have a certain infantry unit that can tear up one faction's army, and suck against another. I think it's a balancing thing so you can mix up your forces with a multi-racial force to face against your opponents. XD

Back
Top Bottom