Phosphor v21 r5 bug reports and discussion here

Users who are viewing this thread

zykox said:
Nice work so far...I see that a lot has been done, GS. So far, I've browsed Phosphor v21 r5 with two custom chars: male giant warrior, female drow leader.

Invulnerable giants would be a problem...but giants the size of a normal human defeats the meaning of "giant"....

*Uldin spawns 2 Uldins when walking around town (haven't checked with other companions yet).
*Drow Princess didn't really make the drow a princess - Neither vassal nor daughter of any king (I chose queen Arwen)...instead, 3 Zann lords as sons-in-law.
*Magic items: healing fruit works, levetation (did you mean 'levitation'?) staff doesn't do anything, drow missiles are invisible.
*Starting relations with peasants (for adventurer quest) are positive, so it can't be done
*I don't seem to get reports on "current" fatigue level

Fatigue only reports when it drops to 20 or higher.  Otherwise the closest you get is a message while resting that you feel that you can move a little faster than normal (which by the way is 120%, for a 1 hour timer tick)

Aha.  I thought being friendly to many way a blessing at the beginning.  I'll have to reconsider tomorrow...

Magic items I've seen the drow magic missile makes invisible missiles but was supposed to leave a trail of sparks.  It badly needs to be redone.
  It probably made a trail in M&B (not Warband) 7-8 years ago.  Many items are mis-spelled originally and not yet corrected; levitation is one of those.
      Healing fruit works but I think its not very intuitive for AI to toss something to heal; normally it throws only at the enemy.  I need to fire a script that looks for someone on your own side to heal, and have many clerics/priests/nuns/etc fire these every 30-90 seconds without equipping as weapons.  There is a more elegant way to make this happen than item based.  These are problems for the next 2 weeks overhaul.  Eventually I want to not be under the shadow of Perisno, and I think overhauling magic is something that strongly differentiates Pho from Perisno.

Drow families need tweaking. 
  As for making a princess, the three special categories have race limitations as follows:
Faction                      King                                            Prince                                  Vassal
Tolrania                Human only                              Human, Elf, Dwarf                          ALL
Drachen        Human, Dwarf, Giant                                  ALL                                      ALL
Drahara                all but Drow                                      ALL                                      ALL
Maccavia            Human or Giant                              All except Drow                        No Drow
Redwood                Elven only                                    Elf or Human                        No Dwarves
Hakkon                all but Giant                                        ALL                                      ALL

Thus trying Queen Arwen dropped you out.  Try Drahara, Drachen, or Hakkon for a Drow Princess and you will be rewarded!

Two companions as bodyguards seems to happen when you have low renown; at higher renown you have normal bodyguards.  I also find it annoying and will hunt it down tomorrow or Tuesday.

Also although I made giants 1.14 times human size off the human model, I have not given up on the problem.  Neither did Yard1, who informs me Robin's Giant model simply had its hit box removed or missing, and put one back for me.  I'll try it out tonight, and even if there is a problem, I think one can be created this week.  It may already be there, I just got home and started downloading PM's.  EDIT: Yes, hit box is working.  Tuning to see if I can make giants ... more gigantic.

- GS

Ok, so here is my compilation of suggestions/bugs, for now  :razz:

###Main suggestions###
(the ones i find that are most necessary and/or would greatly improve this mod)

- No more Segmented battles!!! The adjustment made to Reinforcements Waves aren't correct (talking about the tweaks in the Camping Menu). I systematically have a huge battle followed by a last one of like 300men vs 1-5men (probably the ones that rooted)...this is frustating and should not happen. I advise to use the mechanism implemented in Floris (OSP), which was followed by great mods such as ACOK or Anno Domini, which guaranties battles until the very end! Other way would be to prevent AI from deserting (i think...not sure if these are the ones that causes the last battle)

- Bigger maps to fight on...it only takes like 10seconds before enemy cavalary reaches you...you have no time or use for formations and tatics. I feel the map is really small. In ACOK or Floris this problem is resolved by having a bigger map. I know formations is one card thrown in last version of Perisno...so let's make use of it...having bigger maps gives more time and oportunity to change tatics, so makes sense.

- Tournament's revamp!...I admit i hate Native tournaments...it fells really easy to "just survive till the end" and it gets old easily as it's the most common you find out-there in most mods...mods that i liked most in tournaments were "ACOK" (there the armor and horse is pre-set...but the weapons are the ones you have and use in battle) and "Floris" (so addicted...it's not enough to survive...if u wanna get money you have to kill lots of them...the AI e much better too...and you actually can choose which type of weapon(s) to carry from a pre-set options).
Would like to have a special reward (Armor/Weapons/etc) when winning a tournament too (like "Brytenwalda" does).

- Another thing, not less important, is the way you can get lords for your kingdom...in most mods (using the Native system) it's a pain in the ass to get them...some mods looked at this feature seriously (thank God!):
*"Sword of Damocles" - you can call lords from your "mainland", up to 20 (it's like summoning a lord, he gets to your capital after 1day...really helps to get going when starting a kingdom)
*"ACOK" - when you conquer a castle/town...the lord that owns it is converted to your faction
*"Prophesy of Pendor" - if u get good relations with the lord (like 30) and get him prisoner...you can easly talk and convince him to join your faction.

- Dunno if it's possible to convert or not...but please take a look at the kingdom management system used in "Sword of Damocles" (M&B1.011)...
It is the best i've ever seen...in there, once u become king, u can open a kind of window that lets u see all your own buildings, and u can initiate constructions and choose how many man per day u want to recruit in each center, even lets u cap how many u want to garrison in each building and choose how many of melee or ranged u want...it's really amazing.
(Take a look: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sword-of-damocles/images)
In another window called "strategic map" u can give orders to each of your lords (like follow me/go to this location/patrol around/stay here), much helpfull.
In another window u can choose up to 10 laws in 4 categories: nobility, clergy, townsman, villagers.
(Take a look: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sword-of-damocles/images/kingdom-management1#imagebox)

###Minor suggestions###

- Easier Way to see/change equipment for companions (in "Floris", only need to press the "o" key and there's a special menu for that...take a look: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120403143659/floris/images/3/33/Companion_overseer_party.jpg

- New beginning mission.
At this moment, the only mod i remember to do  something completely different is "Light and Darkness-Heroes of Calradia"...POP also makes the boss of those 4-5 bandits party a bit harder to kill (better/more challenging...but the quest is the same)...
As everyone know, first impressions always mark the experience...and a new mission would make the mod different from the others...right from the beginning  :wink:

- Regarding the 2H sword "Flamebringer", i think it should have a "chance to crush trough blocks" (as it is said in its decription: "Slices its opponent in half like hot knife trough butter") and should be more difficult to get than just pick a 2handed sword when creating a character or recruiting "Aracanus"...i know he costs 20000denars...but it should not be a question of money for one of the best and most beautiful swords in the game...it should be earned by completing a decent quest...It's not logical that it's so hard to get "Kingslayer" (by the way, this quest should have better guidance in the report-notes menu and be updated as you advance in the quest) and then you just have to recruit "Aracanus" to get "Flamebringer" which is a better sword (by far!!!).
Also, Flamebringer should weight more and have less speed as it is a huge 2handed sword (153length!!!)...I think it should be only for swing (no thrust hit), as one heavy 2handed sword should be.
I usually tweak its stats to: Cost 25000->50000 / Weight 1,5->10 / Speed 92->88 / Swing 57->60p / Bonus against shields (usually they are made of wood, so makes sense) / Capability to Crush through blocks

- Other tweaks for beautiful swords:
Dreaded Sword could have only blunt damage, as it would't kill but instead take their souls/lives, making them slaves...
Perisno Sun Sword is probably one of the most epic swords in the mod (if not the most beautiful)...i would make  it faster like "light/sun", increasing it's speed 98->120

- Blood Loss (diminishing hp over time after certain amount of dmg done, for both you and AI), Special Damage (like Critical Strike or extra Damage from Behind) and Shield Bash (for player only...not NPCs - that messes up the battle)...all these concepts are implemented in "Brytenwalda".

- Options in Camp menu to change the probability of Rain/amount of clouds (like "Floris" does)...in slow PCs it can be very helpful to avoid rain in battles (better performance)

- Menus could be better organized in report section...take the example of "Floris" (much better).
(Take a look: http://www.moddb.com/mods/floris-mod-pack/images/reports#imagebox)

- Increase max skill limit of personal skills (like Ironflesh, Power Strike/Throw/Draw, etc) to 15 instead of 10 (We all like to be the ultimate fighter in the battlefield, this would give more longetivity and higher purpose to your evolution as a character).

- Augment "Renown needed to increase max party size by 1" from 5 to 8...as it is it's to dam easy to have a huge army...it should take moore to get such high numbers...usually mods have that value between 15-25...i understand that in this mod one really needs a huge army...but should take moore effort for that.

- Buff Giants health by 20-30% so that instead of 70-80 they should have 90-100hp. They should be hard to kill, similar to Dwarfs but by different reasons. Dwarfs, as expert in smiting, should have great armors, but Giants, as huge strong beings, should have great endurance, and thus more life (didn't find their armor great either)

###Possible bugs###

- Wrong position of the bolt in the crossbow of the drow crossbowmen (it was above the crossbow until they shoot). In a similar way, if one buy these bolts (i think acid) in the weapons shop, they don't show properly in a quiver...instead a bolt appear in front of your waist;

- "Sitk Throat" is a town, but it appear with the icon of a castle instead in the map;

- "Unable to find mesh staff". This message appeared in red when i open the weapons shop...there i saw there was no image for "Flashbang" item;

- The Tavern of "Qaletaqa" town seems incomplete and has no taverkeeper;

- This happens with Perisno too...i can't duel with my troops...the dialog is there, but after nothing happens;

- At night time, everyone stops moving/traveling except me (i mean everyone....lords, caravans, bandits, war parties, etc...their icon makes the animation of moving, but the icon stays in the same place);

- When entering a tavern (doesn't matter which), the first companion that i have (the one that appears first/above in the company list) is duplicated (appear 2 of him). It doens't matter which companion i put first/above, the error always occurs with him/her, in any tavern;

- When engaging a enemy, the correspondent menu appear. One option is to charge from the beggining of the battle...if i press this option, they still stay still... 
:shock:...Don't give me that look at me...I SAID CHARGE!!!!!!!

images

Keep up the good work. Cheers  :cool:

@Haka:
  Segmented battles:  I swapped the order of a test for routed enemy agents versus remaining agents, and perhaps that breaks this issue of seeing routed agents immediately after winning a battle.  The test is likewise reversed for the player losing, so either way battles drag on less.

Bigger maps (scenes) for battles I can't do.  I need a scener for that.

Tournament revamp - you are asking for TPE, the code is done but I need to add 7 more city tournament scenes and a special case for Drow.  There was already a special case for Giants put in by Robin for native tournaments, so this is carried forward.

Lords for Kingdom.  I am analyzing SOD 4.1 for M&B as I type this.  I've finished game_menus but have not found it yet.
  Did see things of interest otherwise.
    I'll need to think about some of the SOD buildings, the fief construction report, and fief available construction report.
    The SOD buildings slots for parties (used with towns/villages/castles) should be adapted quickly.

everyone stopping moving at sundown is working as intended.  You may break this rule but NPC don't accumulate fatigue; they are expected to always rest each night and therefore stay relatively "fresh".  I modified that by rolling before battle to give them a random possibility of a fatigue penalty, but mostly so that it is more difficult to guestimate when you enter a battle with a "can't lose" or for that matter "can't win".  There is a greater chance of something going wrong/right in otherwise perfect or awful odds.  That has been that way with Pho all summer. 
  Its not something (any of Rigale for that matter) Michadr or Robin like.  They can damn well *start* writing; I gave them the source.  I won't do more for them, to gut my mod for their pleasure.  they have to actually dirty their fingers and type.  I wish them luck but its not luck, it's just bothering to press the keys.  Anything from Saturday on they're on their own, but I'll bug fix what I gave up to that point, as a professional courtesy.  I'm the best of friends, but if my way sucks its fine by me -- they just need to have some leadership and write it their way.

I like what I see in SOD and will add more of it - to PHOSPHOR. 
  Putting reports menu into a presentation is extremely difficult, and would take a very long time.  It won't happen in the next 2 weeks.
      If I have time top do a presentation I'll use it to hold magic or faith based effects selection, as is done with TGS and Phantasy Calradia.
      The logical background is from Trade ledger, which uses the open book background you link from Floris.  (or Floris uses trade ledger's background,
    depending on which is older code).

the companion overview you link exists in Silverstag but needs some effort to port to not WSE
    mostly every layer of Silverstag has heavy inter-dependencies on other layers, same for Floris.  Floris source code is extremely tangled, although it looks neat at first there are a great many global variables set somewhere else and it requires a firewall of sorts where all these variables are set to some state before the slim files you think you wanted actually work.  Every option taken from there is a 3 day fight.

Shield bash is in (for NPCs also) as of .77 Perisno and that code was moved forward to here; it is possible both Silverstag combat enhancements calls it AND PBOD call it, so it was requested I be able to disable one of those to have it go off less often.  That was done as .77 r01. 

Blood loss and critical strikes are possible, if you can wait 2 weeks.

Renown buff to change max size: I already changed max party size to be much more than before and the first thing that happened in 76r2 was Dailyfix complaining to me he had a max party size of 370 but all his troops ran away.  It was obvious to me the party size was now larger than charisma, leadership, food diversity (although Pho has MUCH more diversity in food AND drink so thats a plus), and unit cohesion need buffs to keep up with the already larger party size value.  I suggested to him party size is one number but he should have a smaller party for morale and fill to maximum size when running low tier recruits to garrison or picking up same for a monstrous fight in the immediate future.  So some component of this does need buffing, but more likely morale modifiers are the critical buff needed, with something for unit cohesion, something more for leadership, something for status, something maybe for religious unity (heh and does that mean something less for religious friction??).

Increased skills are in there in theory but many places native code strips away anything over 10; the item_powers dont seem to respect > 10.  Several calls
don't seem to respect > 10 also.  There may be work arounds with substitute opcodes made since 1.161 I'll have to research that.  I was able to get around a similar limitation with increasing troop weapons skills by an absolute value without a limitation from Weapon_master skill by change of operand.

Swords are good observations and easily implemented.
  Giant health buff is a good idea but needs me to make some giant specific troop skills definitions.  This is possible for tomorrow or Wednesday but slows down release of patch Test C - which may need delaying anyway.

The other bugs on your list I'll look at later this week.

Track Bandits - quest doesn't work properly. Just hunting a party belonging to that faction seems to do the trick...:
e.g.: Got quest to track some bandits - I killed a non-violet bandit party of the same bandit faction and the quest was marked as successful.

zykox said:
Track Bandits - quest doesn't work properly. Just hunting a party belonging to that faction seems to do the trick...:
e.g.: Got quest to track some bandits - I killed a non-violet bandit party of the same bandit faction and the quest was marked as successful.

Yes somehow the player starts with +1 relation with the outlaws, and this is corrected in tonights Patch TEST C.
I'm putting as many things in now that might break save laterso as to break save less often.  Tonight's patch breaks save and adds the following:

a) Giant males are in their original skins and skeletons, and sized MUCH taller than before;  They can be hit now.
      Giant females are taller also, although they look like human females.  Stand next to them to see the difference in height.
      Drow females have colorized eyes, which debut in test B, but gre by 1% in height.
      Dwarves no longer have white blotches at a distance from two (conflicting) LODs
      All of these are gifts from Yard1.

b) Items have a few new trade goods and 8 new readable books.  Some of the lesser maps were taken away to have more chance of a good book when choosing University Student character background.  The 2 new food items (flour and mead) give morale effects already, and the new books are readable with effects coding done.  The only trade good that needs more work of this set is seashells; I have not limited them to coastal towns because I don't have time today to define coastal towns - that will be in Patch TEST D, expected this Friday evening.  At that time there should be coastal sea traders implemented as well, although we have few coastal towns (yet).

c) Magic items are revisited and many things that had explosions now do damage as well as pretty effects.  The damage, some of it, passes clean through armor, but as yet does not have a magic resist category assigned.    Some items (water based attacks and the "defensive grenade") are intended to do non-lethal damage.  Drow magic bolts also have effects added.  If the area explosions work as intended, next up (for test D) will be area healing and magic resist.  The progress is slow because so many other things need attention...

d)  More lords are added to strengthen weak factions.
        new villages and two cities were added today.

e) Tournament Play Enhancements 1.5 is in
  f) expanded titles are in and seem to be working.  Yard1 made this for me.

Next update planned for Friday evening as Patch TEST D.
    expected highlights:
  a) Sea Traders  (but not sea travel)
  b) scout parties according to number of towns
      these two have an inter-relation, both are depending on a rewrite of a script that sets maximum number of parties supported by that kingdom
      and the script should allow (eventual) rebel factions  etc
      Need to set distance to sea and which towns are coastal,  then set caravans for sea routes
          latest 2 cities have no caravans or economy set

c) Healing magic
      which technically codes like a grenade or single target magic effect, only returns hit points rather than removes them...

d) religious buildings construction
      template from Sword of Damocles mod

e) more methods to recruit lords

f) last city (Aruolo) has an underwater tavern scene that needs fixing
    Drow tavern may need changing also; in general there remain scene issues
    I will move villages that have no scenes to coastal regions that cannot be travelled to normally for now
        in the future it may be possible to teleport by spell; of course you can cheat teleport now  *

g) time permitting a v21 Player handbook

gsanders said:
Giant females are taller also, although they look like human females.

In the future, will Dwarf females and Giant females look like human females or will they have the appearance of their races? I understand that this is not a priority at this stage.

gsanders said:
Giant males are in their original skins and skeletons, and sized MUCH taller than before;  They can be hit now.

Fantastic!  :smile:

Started a new game as a "wet behind the ears" human male and came across a couple minor issues.

Aroulo(?) lords seem to drag their fiefs around with them. 
vZxGjbB.jpg
VnX0kpb.jpg

After I successfully hunted down a miscreant for Master Thalimtor, he seemed to forget that he'd given me that task so I'm unable to complete the quest.

The guild options show two lines for hiring a Novice, at different costs.  Clicking the second option seems to give a Companion recruit rather than a Novice.
dO8ew4P.jpg
Also, apparently Companion means Compagnon when referring to guild recruits?

Trarco said:
gsanders said:
Giant females are taller also, although they look like human females.

In the future, will Dwarf females and Giant females look like human females or will they have the appearance of their races? I understand that this is not a priority at this stage.

gsanders said:
Giant males are in their original skins and skeletons, and sized MUCH taller than before;  They can be hit now.

Fantastic!  :smile:

Are you volunteering to do some artwork for me?  The Perisno art team isn't very enthusiastic to do reskins for me because it doesn't say "Perisno".

Perhaps I can beg something but the last time I asked for help from them it was a great big "bleah" with no follow through.  I ended up getting what I could from end users.  I can't do art; I suppose I could fire the #entire# Perisno team but then I'd _certainly_ have to give up "Perisno" assets, and like some Pharoah strike the name from every lamp post in the game, which I have been researching where and how exactly to do so, if needed.  I got my answer yesterday, technically.  But I don't think I have to -- I make my version, and they can make theirs.  The tow look similar.  Mine does a little more, but what their does isn't bad.  It should be easier, also, without magic or crafting.

Perisno includes some pretty city scenes and several exotic mounts; also some very nice female armors.  The premade troop trees and factions save several weeks of work; there is some room to improve the items but right now that is less a priority than coding changes and fixes.  It's a tough call either way; it takes a *long time* (can be months!) to get a response from them, and I guess I haven't made myself very welcome.  Perhaps its my fault, in the end.  They were fired up last Christmas and I let the mojo slip away when I was angry being left, a rookie, with no help, no support, no coding assistance.  I was scrambling and often felt wven a second pair of eyeballs could have saved much grief.  God probably pinned Michadr down for me, so that I would grow a pair as they say and learn to code again, instead of asking someone to rescue me.  It felt like being thrown into the deep end when you forgot how to swim; the "lifeguard" was sympathetic and quite unwilling to toss me a line.  That was last year.  Now I am in a position to give code back, and lots of it, and not be in the same position as a year ago.  It's not a klingon thing -- its just that I work at one pace, and the others work at a different speed.  I'm racing to finish while I have strength and a job -- both are on borrowed time.  I thus am trying to get this out FAST.  They'll get something out when the spirit moves them.  Maybe for Christmas.  I'd like that.  I'll get mine out sooner -- WITHOUT major art changes... I dont have any artists (except Yard1) as my direct assistants.  Pity that.

Maybe Mich can re-invigorate them for whatever his vision of .8 looks like.  Robin and I agree to disagree, but I don't think the relationship is completely broken, just beat up a bit  :wink:  More like friendly wrestling.  If it was unfriendly we wouldn't collaborate on anything.  As it stands, I am using some of his code and assets and he has all the code I had as of last week, but I didnt forward this weeks version.  In my opinion, a couple weeks coding will end up with two completely different mods. Which is how it should be.  But he has the benefit of any breakthoughs I made during the summer, just like I took advantage of his work last spring.  It's fair enough.  I really do a lot of changes in a few weeks, but much, much more needs doing.

So, unless I can find an art team, the main changes forthcoming are code based, not art based.  The only threat I've had all summer was to stop fixing Perisno, but so far its all been hot air.  They keep getting fixes, whether they deserve, like it, or ask for it; or not.  Sucks to be needy in the first place; sucks more that I couldn't fix all the problems in Perisno yet; nor even deliver bug free changes in what I did "fix".  Too much needs changing to learn to draw as well.  I dropped out of art in Kindergarten -- best career decision yet.

- GS

I see, it is better to focus in the code. On the other hand I am very enthusiastic about Phosphor however I cannot do any type of artwork because of I am not a modder, so I am sorry.

Trarco said:
I see, it is better to focus in the code. On the other hand I am very enthusiastic about Phosphor however I cannot do any type of artwork because of I am not a modder, so I am sorry.

Hopefully the Perisno art team gets excited and agrees to do some art.  Much depends on if Michadr does anything wih the code provided him, so that he can have a Perisno branded project some months later, with essentially the same or less features, minus much innovation in coding.  THEN it should have some art, since art is what that group does best.

- GS

A couple more puzzlers...

Twice I've fought a larger force, lost the battle - but instead of being taken prisoner, I get the rewards of having won: hire the former prisoners, select my loot, etc.
  GS: found the cause of this and fixed it, I think, in Test G

There are a few locations that pop into view when I'm close but then disappear from the map when I move on.  Tehlrog Castle and Tahlberl for instance.  Fwiw, Fog of War is off.

----
  the first one is a concern for me, I'll look at the tests made for complete victory which were in game_menus; the intent was with regards to comparing routed and the next wave to suppress further waves if routed is a high number.  This may cause false wins against very large opponent armies if done wrong.

The second is a rigale thing where when your mapping skill is not set you tend to have a fuzzy recollection of places after you leave them.  Those go away as you get messages "you know this area very well", in which case the details persist on the strategic map.  It's a curious thing that I have not messed with; it's sort of a counter to fog of war, in that fog of war you have to follow caravans to find new cities, but this hides small features until you know the area well when out of spotting distance.  I should document that in the player handbook for v21, good to remind me.  I could put a toggle for that but any sort of added global variables always corrupt save game so it should wait.

I should have caravans and kingdom scout parties working tonight.  If they work well enough I'll release a Patch TEST D sometime this evening my time.  We'll see.

I'll also remove those duped armored turs you pointed out; that is an incorrect syntax where I wanted a "spirited" modifier but it got interpreted as
"give 16K of these", a pretty not funny mistake.  That's a lot of turs!

- GS

Silivithiel is bald.

The dialogue with Demon Worshipers is duplicated. There's two fight options and 2 leave options.

When I won a civil war for a claimant, I got the message about appointing a noble to manage my fiefs 3 times in a row.

Morrowind Mod Man said:
Silivithiel is bald.

The dialogue with Demon Worshipers is duplicated. There's two fight options and 2 leave options.

When I won a civil war for a claimant, I got the message about appointing a noble to manage my fiefs 3 times in a row.

OK.  I'll get to those next week.

Hopefully soon you will have better caravans and more scouts, with production of scouts stopping at a limit set by number of towns and castles you have.
I don't expect Patch Test "D" to break savegames from "C", although the smarter caravan routes won't happen until a new game.

One minor irritant: when I click on a destination (e.g., town), I have to click again when I arrive to enter the destination. And since I usually end up clicking on my own party then, that's three clicks to get inside instead of the single click needed previously.

One personal taste item: the colors of the goods items have gone dull when viewed in the store or in inventory.  Colors of horses, armor and weapons inventories seem to be unaffected.

I think I might have a corrupted savegame, alas.  Unless you (GS) modified Murdenhall tavern to be a collection of 3 boats with no tavern keeper for some reason.

Now that I have the income stream to allow more experimentation, is there anywhere a guide on how to use the Drow magic weapons? Well, no rush w that I guess since I'll be starting a fresh playthrough.

Edit:  Will the option to sort the player party be offered?  Sort Parties and Sort Player Fiefs are the only options shown.

Flamethrower and Sparkler both act as suicide bombs.  Sparkler has a blast radius of 10-15 horse lengths.  Flamethrower blast radius covers much of the battlefield.

I removed sort player party because if it is left on there is an issue with troops not advancing to the next tier each time a new troop is added;
this happens at garrisons and enemy troop stacks also but they tend to not add new troop types as quickly.  So by turning it OFF for players and removing the toggle, I save the players from having their troops not advance as their army grows (taking on new types of troops).

The icon changing at a city happens as a lord with no banner arrives in town; map icons are given to the bannerless lord and his banner put over the others.
After I have caravans up today the banners issue is next on the operating table.  I am told banners needs more than just fish and chips package added; there is a script to initialize banners called from start_game, and in several places specific banners are called out to use as faction flags.  TPE (Tournament play enhancements) also has some hard coded banners.  But mainly there is a hard limit on number of banners ordinarily, and in order to have strong enough factions, increasing the lords overran this limit.  I could, I suppose, reduce the strongest factions from a liege king + 20 lords down to say 5 lords less per original 6 factions, allowing a savings of 30 lords, and trimming the lesser factions by 1/4th of their lords down the line.  If I get stuck with adding banners then I'll do this instead.  That breaks saves but maybe they were doomed anyway.  Certainly when the Zann break they have no banners left , so I guess I'm short 55 + Zann.  It's a mess :smile:

- GS

Monday 9 Nov 15:
  caravans and kingdom parties spawning correctly, finally.
  now balancing trade routes so each town initiates a similar number of routes; some received more than they gave...

Next up, looking into banners.

Also I notice TPE (Tournament Play Enhancements) stuffs a quest on me to attend a tournament at a faction I'm at war with; this should be
amended to skip factions and cities I am not at relative relation 0 or higher, using

Code:
    (store_faction_of_party, ":player_faction", "trp_player"),

# where ":cur_center" is the prospective tournament
    (store_faction_of_party, ":cur_faction", ":cur_center"),

(store_relation,":reln", ":cur_faction", ":player_faction"),
    (ge, ":reln", 0),

#  send the invite...

Not much time to play, unfortunately, but I got a little:

1. Some lords (seen drow and evil giant so far with this) have a location item locked unto them...e.g. a lord on a horse riding with a castle or cave icon on top, following wherever he/she goes.

Going into, then leaving town (the ai lord) didn't fix the problem.

2. Probably already said: At char creation, the race and town selection occurs twice.

3. Demon Summoning doesn't work, only spawn some error messages. What do chain links do?

4. Curtain of Fire seems to last only a very short time (or is it instant?).
      I changed the effect of this for test G.  it was insta-killing everything within so many meters.
      It was supposed to move like tsunami but seems instant right now

zykox said:
Not much time to play, unfortunately, but I got a little:

1. Some lords (seen drow and evil giant so far with this) have a location item locked unto them...e.g. a lord on a horse riding with a castle or cave icon on top, following wherever he/she goes.

Going into, then leaving town (the ai lord) didn't fix the problem.

2. Probably already said: At char creation, the race and town selection occurs twice.

3. Demon Summoning doesn't work, only spawn some error messages. What do chain links do?

4. Curtain of Fire seems to last only a very short time (or is it instant?).

# 1 is from running out of banners to distribute to lords; it ended up handing out map icons as well.  I'll have to strip away some lords and otherwise modify how banners are handed out.  Lucky for me the Zann were all given 1  common banner so I can use that code to put all the minor lords under 1 banner as well.
I can also reduce the number of lords in each of the major kingdoms, which recovered 38 banners.  This juggling of lords and banners breaks savegame, but its reported broken by all persons turning in reports. 

# 2 Thats annoying but I am not sure I'll have time for that today.

# 3  I'll look into this.  (demonic summoning should have brought a dark wizard into play where the thrown item landed/hit)
        if that's bugged then "fruit of death" probably is also, it puts a dark knight at the target location.
            looking at it the main concern I have is if it hits the ground it may not know what team to assign, and if it hits an agent it probably picks the wrong team.  It should be assigning the player/user's team (whoever threw the item) as team for summoned to join, which is not the case now.  I may yet be able to fix this now that I am here...  DID SO

Chain links are an intermediate crafting item;
        [ore + wood] --> [iron],  [iron+wood] -->  chain links
                                  [ 2 iron+wood] -->  sheet metal
        chain armor needs a number of chain links
        plate armor needs a number of sheet metals
        recipes found in Player Handbook for Phosphor v20.pdf  look in the module folder for Phosphor

# 4 Curtain of fire is instant but would be more interesting if persistent

gsanders said:
I removed sort player party because if it is left on there is an issue with troops not advancing to the next tier each time a new troop is added;
this happens at garrisons and enemy troop stacks also but they tend to not add new troop types as quickly.  So by turning it OFF for players and removing the toggle, I save the players from having their troops not advance as their army grows (taking on new types of troops).

**clip**
Understand, makes sense.  Would it be possible to configure Player Party Sort as a one-time thing rather than a toggle?  So sort would happen whenever the trigger event occurred, and then revert to not sorting immediately thereafter?  Auto-sorting a party is quite convenient at times, especially when I've just ingested a large group of former prisoners into my party.  That said, it isn't a deal breaker or anything.

Back
Top Bottom