Who are the Slayers?

Users who are viewing this thread

I intend to expound upon them more at some point. Essentially they are men who have evolved from mere bounty hunting. They have bigger fish to fry, and apparently they wind up organizing themselves into the Slayers. Eventually I will also allow the player character to become one, via the True Apothecary (likely with the ability to recruit Slayers, or upgrade them from another troop). Thinking about it now, I don't know why Slayer equipment isn't issued upon curing porphyria or lycanthropy - or better: a book with recipes. :twisted:

Ah, the creative process...

*Sips coffee...*

N0ught said:
I intend to expound upon them more at some point. Essentially they are men who have evolved from mere bounty hunting. They have bigger fish to fry, and apparently they wind up organizing themselves into the Slayers. Eventually I will also allow the player character to become one, via the True Apothecary (likely with the ability to recruit Slayers, or upgrade them from another troop). Thinking about it now, I don't know why Slayer equipment isn't issued upon curing porphyria or lycanthropy - or better: a book with recipes. :twisted:

*Sips coffee...*
Do they have head quarter? I remember seeing a slayer standing in a khergit town in the progress report board

N0ught said:

*Sips coffee...*

YES! Finally I'll be able to be a true mortal human antihero and alchemist! Life to Calradia!  :fruity:  :fruity:  :fruity:  :party:  :party:

Slaying demons since M&B:W

What if you becoming a slayer will enrage Calradia, where you can create a faction of zealots that will hunt down all the demons to the last! even if it means burning down all of Calradia!

UltimateCommander97:
i already did that,i captured demons and recruit em via camp menu,then using my army of filth,patchwork and stupid acolites i sieged the necropolis and won,fight fire with fire my friend.
a little tip: i had to wait till Father of all monsters and his army leave to do,cause his sword is 1 hit kill(i tested)

N0ugh i want some new factions,like Sword of Damocles mod that has various neutral camps that join you if you pay,that would be great,but instead of money make some nice quests,Slayers is a must to have
i count on you :smile:

xlw00tlx said:
UltimateCommander97:
i already did that,i captured demons and recruit em via camp menu,then using my army of filth,patchwork and stupid acolites i sieged the necropolis and won,fight fire with fire my friend.
a little tip: i had to wait till Father of all monsters and his army leave to do,cause his sword is 1 hit kill(i tested)

N0ugh i want some new factions,like Sword of Damocles mod that has various neutral camps that join you if you pay,that would be great,but instead of money make some nice quests,Slayers is a must to have
i count on you :smile:

Exactly, I think the antihero is the definition of "fight fire with fire" I may be a zealous bastard who also kills innocent, but in the end I want to save Calradia and make the greek pantheon dominate it, like alchemists, they preserve life, unlike the necromancers and foul slaves of the bloodfountain.

I just wish there was a way to destroy the bloodfountain, maybe you have to make a heroic sacrifice that will end the game, but look the bright side! You build a future for Calradia and your spirit will be among the gods! Like the deaths, instead of dying in a gruesome way, you just do the land a favor and redeem yourself, but that will mean you will be back to the main menu.

Sir William the Brave said:
A very cool idea indeed! Make it worth  a lot since I tend to do quest for  King Harlaus or with the guild masters with my band of misfit.  :grin:

It would make sense if only antiheroes can recruit them.

iVCpwgq.jpg

:lol:

In all seriousness though, they are partly a reference to the Van Helsing movie - not to be confused with the extremely different and still awesome TV series of the same name, or the animated movie by the same name. The Malleus Maleficarum, in all its propagandized glory, makes it's debut, via the True Apothecary, who is more or less their leader - which is deliciously hypocritical, for even though he has taken care to imprison himself and use his powers only for the betterment of man, he is a Lich himself. But perhaps, being the original doctor, he might have used only natural victims of death to learn necromancy? Hippocrates is grey at best, gallivanting as white...

Ohhhhh don't it make his red eyes bluuuuuuuue... :party:

zHYjbot.jpg

This persecution of women also can be said to be responsible for the new trade of Slave Girls, and the rise in Courtesan activities... no such thing as bad publicity, for certain facets of the market.

Also, in the next version, when parties of Slayers appear, parties of Alchemists also appear. Once, these two groups were united as the puritan Brotherhood of Abel... a new cult driven to eradicate wickedness from Calradia. But the upstarts cornered Lamia with their entire force, and she eradicated them all (this is one of the stories told by the new Quick Battles). Since then, strife among them, as to how to reconstruct the Brotherhood, has instead led to their ultimate division. I have considered adding some storylines where a character can try to rekindle the Brotherhood, and wind up with parties composed half-and-half of Slayers and Alchemists. Probably for the next version.

You know, reforming the Brotherhood of Abel into a new faction is quite possible one of the best outcomes for neutral piety minded characters, just like a crusade on evil, using their evil powers for good, converting evil artifacts (consecration, purification/prayer, using virgin blood as a devastating weapon, using silver weapons against vamps and wolfies)

Not sure you played Skyrim, but that Dawnguard dlc, the Dawnguard faction is nuts on details you could use as reference, while they're not particulary good or evil, their zeal sets them apart from goody shoes fighting that cliché vampire lord who wants to end the Sun

That repeating crossbow, stakes, wolfsbane infused silver longswords, silver bullets, revolver pistols, holy water, sanctified salt could all be an arsenal for these Brotherhood types, the Caraldian Inquisition, burning heretics at stakes for the slightly offenses, causing lots of civil unrest, the impeding doom you mentioned can get people paranoid, such occurrences can be the effects, mass emigrations (lots of neutral parties on the map, to enslave, corrupt or slaughter) villages being randomly set on fire with a few shade of nightmare effects on the map, Evil has sprout, whether you reap the rewards of purge it should entirely optional, why not sit around, enslave them all, sell slaves to both evil and good?

I'm interested to see what will happen when Poseidon finds the Brotherhood of Abel, will they unite against a common foe? such infidels must be purged haha  :shifty:

This is all very exciting! please.. show us that latest release.. don't make me beg for it  :cry:

N0ught said:
iVCpwgq.jpg

:lol:

In all seriousness though, they are partly a reference to the Van Helsing movie - not to be confused with the extremely different and still awesome TV series of the same name, or the animated movie by the same name. The Malleus Maleficarum, in all its propagandized glory, makes it's debut, via the True Apothecary, who is more or less their leader - which is deliciously hypocritical, for even though he has taken care to imprison himself and use his powers only for the betterment of man, he is a Lich himself. But perhaps, being the original doctor, he might have used only natural victims of death to learn necromancy? Hippocrates is grey at best, gallivanting as white...

Ohhhhh don't it make his red eyes bluuuuuuuue... :party:

zHYjbot.jpg

This persecution of women also can be said to be responsible for the new trade of Slave Girls, and the rise in Courtesan activities... no such thing as bad publicity, for certain facets of the market.

Also, in the next version, when parties of Slayers appear, parties of Alchemists also appear. Once, these two groups were united as the puritan Brotherhood of Abel... a new cult driven to eradicate wickedness from Calradia. But the upstarts cornered Lamia with their entire force, and she eradicated them all (this is one of the stories told by the new Quick Battles). Since then, strife among them, as to how to reconstruct the Brotherhood, has instead led to their ultimate division. I have considered adding some storylines where a character can try to rekindle the Brotherhood, and wind up with parties composed half-and-half of Slayers and Alchemists. Probably for the next version.
Oh dear. Oh dear. Now that's an enticing gameplay prospect. Never thought I'd be anticipating an option to play as the nominal good guys in something that allows you to pick a side...

I suspect section II is summoning armor, isn't it? Gotta get those swanky hats.

Yes, and the trials of Iron, Silver and Salt are the making of the Slayer's Hand-held Crossbow, Slayer's Silver-tipped Darts and Slayer's Salt-encrusted Darts, respectively.

Back
Top Bottom