VIENNA 1683 - historical event - General topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Why even design the map with so many objects?
It's hard to make a map of large military camp without placing large military camp...
We have already tested it with 200 bots, it's not that bad, I'm addressing this mainly to those who usually play Warband on low or medium graphics.
Anyway, tomorrow the event server will be opened from 16:00 GMT so that everyone can join and check if he must adjust his settings to play.
I hope most of players will do it instead of only complaining that the map is bad.

A short Battle of Vienna teaser

After the event we are going to collect videos from people and create a longer version with historical intro and memories from the best fighting scenes chosen out of all records. Its main idea will be to promote The Deluge as a beautiful mod for historical events.

To all "Lonely wolves" signed up for event -

You must join proper channel on the event TS and wait there for your appointed commander,
he will tell you what faction and unit you are playing.

Czeremis said:
Leifr Eiríksson said:
Why even design the map with so many objects?
It's hard to make a map of large military camp without placing large military camp...
We have already tested it with 200 bots, it's not that bad, I'm addressing this mainly to those who usually play
200 Bots take up a lot less data than 200 players as each player is a client connecting to a server compared to a bot which is just server to server.

gaham1 said:
200 Bots take up a lot less data than 200 players as each player is a client connecting to a server compared to a bot which is just server to server.

Those 200 bots are equivalent to 100 players more or less, if I don't recall bad. To have a "feeling" of 200 players you'll need to try with 400 bots.

1. Name of regiment: Free Army of Mikola Topor
2. Amount of players: 5-10
3. Preferred side (Ottoman / Polish-German): Ottoman
4. Unit in first phase: artillery regiments
5. Unit in second phase: Tufekci
6. Unit in third phase: Azab
7. Contact to leader: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaperson/

(currently trying to find a regiment to join: If I find, I will delete this message)

1. Nick in game: Duarte_de_Bragança (Steam name: Crocve)
2. Language group (English or Polish): English
3. Preferred side: HRE

(This next sign up is for a friend who does not have a TaleWorlds forums account)

1. Nick in game:  Valdemar_Hvide (Steam name: Vald)
3. Preferred side: HRE

1. Nick in game: Ronin
2. Language group: English
3. Preferred side: Polish-German

Steam id: Ronin [16thALA]

The Deluge Reloaded server is opened!

You are free to join and test both event maps, we will be changing them every 15 minutes

Signing up one of my friend because he doesent have a talesworld account:

1. Nick in game: Praetorian
3. Preferred side: HRE or Commonwealth

What precisely was the issue that caused this to end before it started? Overpopulation + Memory heavy scene?

The maps were too rich in memory devouring scenes I wager. When they set up the one with tents, all of them moving... That's way too much for the poorly optimized Warband engine.

NightHawkreal said:
Warband not made for big battles. Only small local skirmishes. And the modules need to be focused on it.

Warband made for big battles. But not big sieges.
After Vienna fail we played few rounds on opened field, having 170 people on the server and everything was fine.

To say it clear, we just ****ed up with the maps, doesn't matter how they have been created, because it's a long and complicated story.

But we are not giving up, Vienna Event will take place sooner or later, but firstly we need to rearrange both maps, maybe create completely new. Oktawian is already working on the first one, but even if he manages to ligten it significantly, we will prepare another map as a reserve, much lower and poor, with only some walls, trenches and cannons.
The same about second map, we will remove 90% of Turkish camp and Vienna forest, that should help a lot, but if not, we need a simple map of Kahlenberg hill, vinyard, 5-6 Turkish tents and some flat terrain in the center. Without great camp, Vienna, forest, trenches and any other objects which are not necessary for the gamplay.

I will appoint the new date of Vienna event as soon as I find a proper mapmaker and make sure that he will finish his work on time.

Due to a huge growth in numbers of our community, we've decided to host the Vienna historical event 2 times, so that everyone will be able to participate -
first on Saturday 5.03 and second on Sunday 13.03

If you want, you may signup for both event dates, to play in the opposite team, but you must point which one is the priority for you (to make place for those who cannot attend on different day)

In a while I will post 2 new signup threads for both event dates. This topic remains as general one, if you have something to say about the event not connected with your application, write it here.

Back
Top Bottom