Whatever Part of the World Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Owns Right Now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Have fun being sucked right out of highschool into the meat grinder of the bug wars.

Y'all do know that the movie basically satirizes all the fashy bits of the book, right?

Feragorn said:
Have fun being sucked right out of highschool into the meat grinder of the bug wars.

Y'all do know that the movie basically satirizes all the fashy bits of the book, right?
Hey, I never said I support it. I think conscription is counterproductive in a modern military in most cases anyway. Professional soldiers are more effective.

mdk31 said:
I mean, compulsory service in order to be allowed to vote is pretty conscription-y.
It didn't really seem that way, they showed examples of wealthy, happy, normal people who had never served and balked at the idea of doing so.

Almalexia said:
So as I understand it, Theresa May called this election on her own, this wasn't the regularly scheduled time for election, so she could improve her (and her party's, I guess) standing in Parliament? Isn't that basically what happened with why the Referendum on Brexit was called?

Yep; Paddy Ashdown (Liberal Democrats leader in late 80s and most of 90s) made that point on TV this morning. Both Cameron and May gave us elections the public didn't ask for to strengthen their positions and in both cases it backfired and left the country in more of a mess than it was before each election.

Almalexia said:
Not that I'm in a position to talk, but why the hell are your politicians so stupid, even for politicians?  :lol:
Majority of British politicians tend to come straight from university into politics. This is rather heavily the case for modern Tories and New Labour, both of which are currently existing as political entities for the sole purpose of being in the buisness of politics (though Corbyn might change that for Labour, it was certainly the case with the Blairite wave). It's not uncommon for such people to become detatched.

Back
Top Bottom