Whatever Part of the World Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Owns Right Now.

Users who are viewing this thread

jacobhinds said:
I thought the country-now-threads were only for countries whose actions affected international geopolitics. Britain's kind of inconsequential in that regard.
Britain's been medelling in international politics since before Caesar conquered Gaul.

And medelling in Gaul was part of the reason for the Romans to invade Britannia but y'know.  :shifty:

Either way, the UK is probably involved in whatever it wants to be involved in.

I know, but at present there's very little going on. Elections? Everyone has those. Soldiers abroad? Ditto. Immigrants? Even the republic of Sealand gets a few. Terrorism? Not really. Ukip? Welcome to Europe.

There's just not much to talk about that isn't repeated in a dozen other countries so I can't see where the conversation would go.

No one else cares.
If this was designed as a place to contain your tedious banal nationalistic drivel then cool, but otherwise I don't see any point in making this thread.

jacobhinds said:
Because it's disgusting fattening garbage that nobody really likes, so they thought it would represent their cuisine quite succinctly.
:lol: A friend of mine from England says its tastes like agent-orange left over from the Vietnam war.

mcwiggum said:
Why does the UK have a reputation of having awful food?

Same reason the french have a reputation of being rude and the germans robots, because it's true.

Frankish Sinatra said:
:lol: A friend of mine from England says its tastes like agent-orange left over from the Vietnam war.

:lol: when i first heard about agent orange I instantly associated it with irn bru and lucozade.

Presentation is everything.

english-breakfast-blackpudding.jpg

Your meals look like the inside of a bloated corpse after the gasses build up too much and burst open.

mcwiggum said:
The Turks are having a good, generic discussion on their genocides and their country and whatnot, why not us?

Oh, that's insulting but I can't report it because historical facts change according which section of forum you are at. That's how TW forum rules work.

Better go back to Turkish section and swear at you.

Wait are there arguments for the genocide not existing on the Turkish section? I've been so naive!

Bluehawk said:
Presentation is everything.

english-breakfast-blackpudding.jpg

That looks delicious! Perhaps knowing what it tastes like helps the perception though.

mcwiggum said:
Why does the UK have a reputation of having awful food?

Britain used to have very rubbish restaurants apparently, up until the last 3 decades or so. Before the 70s even stuff like pasta was exotic and new to the country. Nowadays it is very different, there are very good restaurants in virtually any city and probably most towns.

Back
Top Bottom