SP Native "War Became Worse" - a mod for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Progress today:
- change lords and ladies name,
- add overhauled morale and routing system by jacobhinds,
- Lances, Horse Bows and Spearmen use the right weapon with proximity to enemies by Caba'drin,
- Add shield bash, by Xenoargh,
- New Music, woman sound, man sound,
- Swadian unique troops is faster than before,

ysG876D.jpg

A patch ti fix boar crash isue: http://www.moddb.com/mods/war-became-worse/downloads/a-patch-to-fix-dead-boar-crash-isue

Progress today:
- Horse react to enemy's camel by xaliber,
- Add camels for Desert Bandits,
- Add musician and people sitting in tavern,
- Horse and camel afraid to giant,
- More metal sound and sound variation,

SuUsUN5.jpg

Little progress today:
- Require renown to recruit from castle or town (100 for castle and 250 for town),

Jkxx5NB.jpg

Do you really think that'll stop us? Garrisons, man!

Mind if I do a little bit of a LP of this? I'm making "Warband Wednesdays" and fighting tooth and claw to make my channel survive & thrive.

Hector212121 said:
Do you really think that'll stop us? Garrisons, man!

Mind if I do a little bit of a LP of this? I'm making "Warband Wednesdays" and fighting tooth and claw to make my channel survive & thrive.
What does LP mean??

When fighting Giants and Trolls horses and camels are afraid, cool idea and I like the way you implemented it by having them stop dead, refuse to move and rear - loss of control in an annoying way that doesn't keep you away from the danger. Not sure it makes much sense that they're paralyzed rather than bolting, but it is good for gameplay. That said, maybe some expensive (20, 000 denar) horses that are immune to the fear effect? My character was a horse archer with a spear, camel and war bow when he went up against a gang of twelve giants ... it was close :grin: Just feel that something so that late game a lancer could solo some giants should be available, not something that every unit in your army can have, not something you'll have in the first week, but at some point I feel the player character should be able to not worry about this. Or maybe riding skill could affect it? Have Swadian towns sell wargs?

Fought a troll wandering the map, its dialogue was '@Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgghh!, might want to lose the '@'

Is there any way to make the stamina system optional in a future patch, 'cause a heavy armoured infantry character kinda sucks until he has like eight in athletics and you need powerstrike and ironflesh as infantry. Chainmail and above cause serious penalties, strength seems to have no effect.

You mention you can lose weapons or break weapons? How? Is it a punishment for getting knocked out, or is it just a random 'You're screwed now.'? If the latter, can this be made optional via a toggle in the Camp menu 'cause losing a twenty two thousand denar weapon that I spent all my savings on would be rather upsetting (not just for the loss of money, if you lose the weapon mid-battle you're going to lose the fight and then post-battle it is hard to find the good weapons on sale, I've played as crossbowmen who've spent weeks and months looking for an above average siege crossbow).

In the opening post you mentioned 'Horse react to enemy's camel by xaliber', what does this mean? Are horses as affected by camels as they are by giants? If so that sounds horribly powerful for any camel fielding army.

'New companions', any information on them?

'New combat ability (taunt, warcry, rage and focus)' What are these, who uses these, how often, how?

What did the Khergit Khanate do to make you so angry with them?

Giants cannot be upgraded as far as my short test could establish. :sad: I wanna lead the giants to rule all, but basic giants aren't as cool as better giants.The AI recruits Armoured Giants, so I'm guessing this is not a balance choice but a bug.

On your ModDB page you said 'Magic, spell, element and super weapon'. Does this mean you hope to add spell casting as a skill for players? Fireballing a horde of Dark Lords sounds pretty cool.

From the 0.2 update notes 'Only able to recruit unique troops from one faction', during my test to find out what units there were I had every troop I am about to mention in my party at the same time - Town recruited, castle recruited, village recruited, mercenary and prisoner. At no point did the game try to tell me I could not have Dark Riders whilst I had Axemen or any such thing.

Increase rewards for arena wins and tournaments? With the prices on the elite units so high and garrisons even at the start of the game holding up to twenty eight of a factions special troops I feel like you're gunna need the cash.

Higher tier equips, again, with stronger units the player and companions become far more vulnerable, feels like there should be better stuff to equip yourself and them with but I've not found much to that effect in the towns. You spoke of adding magic items in a hopeful future patch, perhaps those would serve the purpose.

Speaking of future patches, since this topic hasn't been posted in for such a long time and it is the official topic - is the mod abandoned? Or just not popular enough yet. Curse those people who've not tried it yet!

Back
Top Bottom