Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Sarin said:
I'm playing story mode, how many Danish lords do I need on my side for a good outcome of the Thing?

that is a complicate question lol, as
there is a lot of variables, including some of your companions and the dialog choices you make. Get 16+ for a neutral vote, 31+ for a positive vote, 81+ for a double positive vote. If you want to explore the code you can find it on module_dialogs.py. It is a very long chain tho.

kalarhan said:
Sarin said:
I'm playing story mode, how many Danish lords do I need on my side for a good outcome of the Thing?

that is a complicate question lol, as
there is a lot of variables, including some of your companions and the dialog choices you make. Get 16+ for a neutral vote, 31+ for a positive vote, 81+ for a double positive vote. If you want to explore the code you can find it on module_dialogs.py. It is a very long chain tho.

Yeah, I somehow muddled through.
Ended up finally shedding the two problematic party members with it. I did enjoy calling Egil a piece of sh*t.

Edit: one more thing, are slings affected by power throw? It would make sense...

Yeah, leveling in Viking conquest is much slower than vanilla Mount and Blade, and you will need a truly legendary party of companions if you want to mass produce high level infantry. This is somewhat balanced by the much higher party size limit (which includes the leadership skill of all of your companions).

Keep in mind, you can recruit any bandits you meet into you party at a pretty modest price (if they refuse, you can keep asking until they say yes) and Norwegian vikings (the strongest bandits) spawn pretty regularly northeast of Scuin (north of Cell Richmond) and south of Edinburgh.

The campaign will eventually require you to capture and hold a castle. That can be pretty damned hard without a good army, and it can be pretty hard to build a good army in the low/middle levels without hiring vikings

kalarhan said:
Sarin said:
Edit: one more thing, are slings affected by power throw? It would make sense...

slings/Fustibalus are the guns of VC (pistols), they are not throw-able weapons like a javelin

I know. I was just hoping that they managed to change this mechanics to make slings more useful...

Edit: I hate doubleposting, so this way.
How exactly does training in refuge work? When I gave trainer norse bowmen to train into warrior archers it worked well, but he did not train veteran slave hunters into slaver chiefs...which is something I need. Is it dependent on my level?
Speaking of which...what's a good source of slaver chiefs? They're a good infantry with guaranteed throwing weapons, but so far I got only few by rescuing them from vikings.

Okay, one last thing. Where do Svear troops (elite vikings or warriors) spawn at larger numbers, if anywhere? I could use one or two more scale loricas for my companions.

RyanMan12 said:
kalarhan said:
RyanMan12 said:
is there a way to keep mounted units from dismounting at the start of battle?

which battles? In field battles they shouldnt unless they get stuck. Siege/etc is the normal behavior.
field battles, they spawn among the infantry and dismount

Oder them to mount at the start. They will stay mounted  and if they do get dismounted they will seek another horse.

RyanMan12 said:
I have them pre set to go far away from my infantry units.should I set them to not move and then deploy them?

as said above. Experiment with it. Mounted troops that are stuck (cant move) will dismount. If they are doing that, they are stuck, so your orders are not good for them.

Jarl Sigmund Haraldsson said:
I don't use wounds and blood loss because of reasons. Even though I used wounds on latest patch, after visiting the physician it never recovered my lost points. Do I have to wait for some time before it comes back?

The reason they don't come back is because you are scarred, and due to scarring the effects are permanent

rainyfort1 said:
Jarl Sigmund Haraldsson said:
I don't use wounds and blood loss because of reasons. Even though I used wounds on latest patch, after visiting the physician it never recovered my lost points. Do I have to wait for some time before it comes back?

The reason they don't come back is because you are scarred, and due to scarring the effects are permanent

When you receive a wound it gives you a certain amount of time, usually ~4/5 days, to visit a physician before the wound scars and becomes permanent. If you visit a physician in that time it will be fully heale after a couple days, but if you do it after the set time you will lose points depending on on how severe the wound is.

A few questions:

- Do i need a refuge if i'm playing sandbox lord for troop training?
- Can soldiers be trained at a(my) castle? Not recruited like at other castles but upgraded.

Back
Top Bottom