Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

erennuman_mb

Grandmaster Knight
The Q&A Thread for Viking Conquest
-This thread is for questions related to the vanilla game.
-Visit the tweaks thread if you want a feature changed. Don't ask here.
-Visit the Mount & Blade Mod Makers Q&A Thread if you want to ask about adding stuff into the game. Don't ask here.
-Visit the support forum  for bug reports. Don't post it here.

erennuman_mb said:
1) Is it possible to get your dead companions back after the storyline is finished(with savegame editor or something)?

They just respawn as 'normal' companions in the world. Its a bit immersion-breaking but since you want the manyway I guess you're happy with that.
You only need to find them in the mead halls.

erennuman_mb said:
3) Why do berserkes have the "other" flag? :shifty:

Not quite sure what you mean, but I guess it is related to the fact that Berserkers and Ulfhedinn have a change to go completely nuts and attack each other as well as your own troops. Besides of attacking enemy troops, of course.

Faenwulf said:
erennuman_mb said:
1) Is it possible to get your dead companions back after the storyline is finished(with savegame editor or something)?

They just respawn as 'normal' companions in the world. Its a bit immersion-breaking but since you want the manyway I guess you're happy with that.
You only need to find them in the mead halls.

erennuman_mb said:
3) Why do berserkes have the "other" flag? :shifty:

Not quite sure what you mean, but I guess it is related to the fact that Berserkers and Ulfhedinn have a change to go completely nuts and attack each other as well as your own troops. Besides of attacking enemy troops, of course.
In Morgh's Editor, they have the "other" flag instead o male or female.

That's what's used to make characters smaller/taller than average (if you change this you need to start a new game to see the effect).

I have a quick question:

In which skill should I invest to get the shield taunt ability? There seems to be mixed information around whether it's leadership or athletics. Do any other skills affect?

There's a need for a thread like this because when someone has a question they just start a topic.
Hope this works but IMO it will quickly devolve because the game is just to complex but I'll try to help if you'd like. :smile:
People really, really should get in the habit of searching before posting. Yes, it means digging a little on their own but, in my experience, you can stumble across other things you'd been wondering about as well as your burning question. Also, this a well-supported forum with experienced players willing to help. 

I´ll jump right in:

1. Is there a simple tweak or fix for when you select "stroll through town" in a city menu, it automatically puts you on your horse instead
    of spawning you on foot? I vaguely remember this was the case in vanilla/ Silverstag/ Floris

2. What happened to the "cheer key" in VC? I mean the animation that played when you won a battle and pressed the key above the shift key?
    Was kinda satisfying waving your blood drained battle axe while riding past you men.  :wink:

Rodan said:
1. Is there a simple tweak or fix for when you select "stroll through town" in a city menu, it automatically puts you on your horse instead
    of spawning you on foot? I vaguely remember this was the case in vanilla/ Silverstag/ Floris

Probably, I'll put it on my list.

Tiera said:
I have a quick question:

In which skill should I invest to get the shield taunt ability? There seems to be mixed information around whether it's leadership or athletics. Do any other skills affect?

I think it was weapon maintenance....  :neutral:

Edit:
No, definetely not. It's just the information you get that elad me astray. Its one of these skills:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,336253.msg7993624.html#msg7993624

Power Strike is definetely for the Berserker trait I think.

Berserker is the "default" trait. If any skill other than Leadership, Athletics, or Weapon Maintenance are the highest, you'll get Berserker once the appropriate level (13, if I remember correctly?) is reached.

Wheem said:
Berserker is the "default" trait. If any skill other than Leadership, Athletics, or Weapon Maintenance are the highest, you'll get Berserker once the appropriate level (13, if I remember correctly?) is reached.

nope, Berserker is the first in the list, not the default. If everything (the conditions) fails, you get a shield taunt

Skills that matter: PS, Ironflesh, leadership, athletics

Rodan said:

Rodan, do you remember more specifically which mod this was in?

I'm pretty sure in Vanilla, even in the old Mount & Blade, one would be spawned on the horse if you own one. At least in villages, but I'm sure it was in towns, too.

Faenwulf said:
I'm pretty sure in Vanilla, even in the old Mount & Blade, one would be spawned on the horse if you own one. At least in villages, but I'm sure it was in towns, too.
Yes. Have horse spawned on it in Native villages and towns. Was playing native about a month ago.

My quick question is this.
Did a search on Tactic skill first. In this thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,325133.msg7675322.html#msg7675322
I read:
Tactics = Every two levels of this skill increases starting battle advantage by 1. (Party skill)

That's unchanged from native so cool there.

I'm wondering why the daytime (well except noon it seems) battlefields always spawn me with the sun in my face. Is this normal? Does my party "Tactic" skill have any bearing whatsoever on this most basic warfare tactic of not being blinded by the sun on the battlefield? Is this just one of those "life is hard" kind of things?

kwbudirt said:
Faenwulf said:
Yes. Have horse spawned on it in Native villages and towns. Was playing native about a month ago.
Regardless of which mod you're playing, you only spawn with your horse if you choose stroll through town before doing anything else(like visiting the tavern):

Back
Top Bottom