(spoilers i guess) the conqueror quest

Users who are viewing this thread

amr116

Recruit
So i am stuck at that quest , choose the west seax side and now i have to conquer this castle, problem is at this point of the game i can here's why
1- i have about 50'ish troops 15 of them are peasants and around 18K of gold (i have one enterprise)
2- i can't farm more because my sea king skill is at lv 1 and i can't raid because i am a ''noble'' sort of character
3- i tried to attract lords but only one came with me, he wont help me besiege the castle thou since i have to wait 7 days, and another lord always comes and kicks our Butt
i am not sure what to do anymore , in a normal fight i can take like 11 outta 30 on my own running on my horse ( assuming my horse doesn't get sniped by a random javelin ) but in siege castle and lords coming for my butt with +200 soldier it kinda get hard, and as i stated i can't leave the castle cause of the skill and cause i have not the money for another ship , barely recruit more recruits and assuming i do win the fight how am i gonna keep it ?!
thanks in advance!

You need to conquest and keep a place 20 days. You could need to improve your renown and leadership in order to recruit a good army. You can build refuge near place to siege and store troops there, ready for battle (garrisoned troops cost 1/4). Finally, when you became strong and strong army, you should assault the place :smile:

However, I am sure that players will write better steps than me.

Idibil said:
You need to conquest and keep a place 20 days. You could need to improve your renown and leadership in order to recruit a good army. You can build refuge near place to siege and store troops there, ready for battle (garrisoned troops cost 1/4). Finally, when you became strong and strong army, you should assault the place :smile:

However, I am sure that players will write better steps than me.
how many soldiers i at least need in my army and garrison overall, 150? cause i can hold about 150 in my own army and assuming i upgrade my refuge..it will take Some time i guess but thanks for the general idea

When i did that quest i already had more renow than you prob have, play some more time, buy more Enterprises, fight some more battles wait for the kingdom with the castle enter war with more than just your kingdom so they will be weak to repel your siege. I sugest an army of at least 255 since you need 250 to lay a proper siege and lots of food and at least 10k gold to win the siege by starving the enemy soldiers,that will leave your army in good numbers to defend it, also you should build good relaciona with the nearby village to help replenish.

On my 2nd time through, so learned a little.  I'm at almost day 200 and haven't gotten that far yet, sounds like you're rushing thru the story line, I tried, didn't work.  Used the 2 go to Ireland quests to go viking for a long time, fight some sea battles and eventually get more ships.  Buff character and build army, Almost have to have merc's, still don't have a single top tier kingdom troop, get one, freeing prisoner, sure can't normal upgrade,  and sure as the world gets killed next battle.  Easier to be a bad guy, make lots more money selling to bandit dens than towns, and can then get some of the outlaws to join you.  Seems almost have to raid villages and monastery after paid off monks enough.  Trying as Christian, just don't like their mercs or bandits as much, who wants bunch of slavers in army?  Can have 1 set of vikings, doesn't hurt morale to bad.  Kept army small, built refuge, and just ran around fighting battles, building army, character and adding to refuge.  My experience, just takes a long time.  Wonder how you made it thru Ulfs farm and Odins Den if don't have buffed up character, I couldn't.

amr116 said:
2- i can't farm more because my sea king skill is at lv 1 and i can't raid because i am a ''noble'' sort of character

Hang out between Cantwaraburh and Witan Ceaster, there's plenty of bandits there for you (though the quest to find their lair is given by the lord of Lundenwic I believe).

Back
Top Bottom