[FaSL] Introduction Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Ncromancien

Knight
With Fire & Sword league

azwmozm2wpmi.jpg

Hello nerds. A few of us have an idea of organising a new league in wfas, and we will present you in this thread the project and the current rules we thought of. This league don't claim to be revolutionary or anything, but we are just trying to mix up rules of what have been done around to try to make something as fun as possible for everybody, and that every clans can still play this game, and enjoy playing it.

Rules :

- Money will be 1500 at start, with 100/100 round gold and kill gold bonus
- Friendly fire : 100% on teammate / 0% on self
- The rounds will last 4 minutes with flags spawning at 2 minutes.
- Grenades are not allowed.
- No respawn rounds.
- The league will provide servers, and all the team admins will be given the admin password for the servers.
- Respawn time is 6 seconds
- Camera locked on teammate
- We'll try to get the flags to not spawn twice in a row in the same spot
- (We'll try to get flags mods for Warband)

- Matches will be played with a minimum of 7 players, clans can agree to play with more if they want. If a team can't have 7 players, they are allowed to play with as many players as they have.
- There is not really any restrictions of typing during matches, but spamming and insulting is not allowed.
- Having an admin during a match is not compulsory, the teams simply have to take screens of the score, but a team can ask for an admin if they want to. At every end of the spawn, the teams will have to take a screenshot of the result, and then post it in the thread that will be created for it.
- The maps will be picked from a pool of maps.
- Matches will be played first to three, which means that the spawn will keep going until one team reaches 3 wins.
- Team will switch spawns, but the factions will remain at the same spawn.
- If a player get stucked, it is allowed to teleport him 2 meters away.
- There will be a 50% cav limit (3 cavs max for 7v7), and no class limit for the other classes.

- Any kind of hacking ( Wallhack / aimbot ) is forbidden (no ****).
- The tournament will consist in 2 parts, the first part will be one group with all the teams together, where every team will fight every other teams. The second part will be a board with the best 4 teams, with semi-finals / match for third place and final setup.
- Crimean Khanate will not be played during the tournament.
- Admins can ask some people during matches to take screenshots to check their screens and see if there is any problems according to the rules.
- Every team will have to register their roster before week 1 match, including the ID of the players, if a player plays a match without being registered and if his ID isn't registered in any clans, his name and his ID will be added to the roster's team he played for.
- Any kind of glitching, looking through walls, attacking through walls is forbidden, changed crosshair is allowed. (for now, we're still figuring that out).
- A team is allowed to delay the start time of a match of 15 minutes, after that, the other team has the right to ask for a default win.
- Teams have 1 week to do their matches, extension can be given if valid reasons are given by team(s).
- At the beginning of the match, Ids will be screenshot from the “players stats” admin panel.
- Every team will have the right to do suggestions in a thread created for that, and every week admins will meet to discuss of week's events, and maybe modify rules if something is simply bad or not working.
- A player that played for a team is not allowed to change team during the tournament, therefore, if a player is registered in a roster but hasn't played for them, he can change team.

Custom maps : Some new maps will be proposed in the map pools, we don't know yet how many, but there will be a few, the point of having new maps is to give some new to the scene of wfas. More screenshots will follow.

egsd9vtg.jpg

Concerning the custom maps, the maps files will be given to everybody that leaders are able to test them and prepare tactics on them, teams will also be able to borrow the servers to test the map if they don't have an own server.

Expectations for this league : As we all know, wfas competitive scene is really damaged, we're trying to build a new league to try something new and more amusing, but we can't do that without clans, so the minimum clans that we want to further organise this will be 4 clans minimum, even though having 6 would be really great.

If you are interested in joining our league, please make a post in this thread and say from what clan you are. If we gather enough clans, we will create multiple threads to improve the visibility of the league, and to make it more comfortable for everybody, as the thread title say, this is just an introduction. :smile:

Here's are links to contact the organisers, feel free to ask any questions.

steam.gif
Ncromancien
P6EEJdM.gif
Ncromancien
steam.gif
Kawaii~
P6EEJdM.gif
Kawaii~
steam.gif
SpArTAcUS 
P6EEJdM.gif
SpArTAcUS 
steam.gif
Eismann
P6EEJdM.gif
- Eismann 

Cheers.

Also, I'm a slacker in English, so I don't doubt there will be tons of mistakes in this thread, really sorry for that :grin:

Reserved for Dolly :
Funny-Cow-3.jpg

To register your team : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,338246.0.html

In my opinion is a good idea this league. I only want to add something that DP missed. The official language is  "ENGLISH". I'm tired to use google translate on dp forum :razz:

Marth The Gryphonhearted said:
Let the Polish League pass first, then think about doing this league.

Sorry but we won't 6 months for the polish league to end  :wink:

WHY NO CRIMEA THOU? :sad:

Find me a way to be able to use them as a balanced faction and we'll be happy to put them in, as it is now, I don't see how to make this faction balanced

Also what if the clan doesn't have a teamspeak? (like Lazarus) How can we register in that case?

It doesn't matter :smile: Just add a way to contact you on steam then ^^ It doesn't matter much.

I do not want to turn this thread into a spam of comments so the following post should be read and acknowledged.

I still don't get why shan't Crimea be allowed to play in this league. When was the last time you guys played with Crimean Khanate in clanwars?

The Polish League banned Crimea in early 2012 because of cavspam if I remember correctly, yet they only banned cavspam in early 2013 if I remember correctly. So it's been more than 3 years since Crimean Khanate was last allowed to play in any league.

Let me tell you guys some stories.

The very first time I played Crimea in a clanwar was in 2012 when I was in the Turkish clan named Revenge. We played against some German clan... maybe SKL or De_Rt, I don't remember well. Anyway, they picked Cossack Hetmanate and we played Crimean Khanate on Fields. Both sides did cavspam, yet somehow the Cossack carbineers could easily take the horse archers out. We managed to win some rounds only thanks to our lancers and infantry. In the end, after we won the clanwar, the leader of the enemy clan banned us from their server. Then they came to our server and started spamming and insulting us, and they were harassing us on other servers for weeks.

The second time I played Crimea in a clanwar was in 2012 when I was in The Viper Clan, VIP for short. We oddly played Crimea vs Crimea on Forest Skirt against a German clan named Navy Seals, which is known as "Pro Gaming Community" today. Spartacus of TDA played for us as mercenary in that clanwar omg  :mrgreen: . Anyway, we did try cavspam, but all our horchers were taken down by standing enemy archers/musketeers. They won 1 round and then we changed tactic to infantry and lancers. After 4 rounds, the enemy clan's leader Jubeg banned us from their server. Then they came to our server with tags like "****_VIP_InTheAss", started spamming and insulting us, and they were harassing us on other servers for weeks.

The third time I played Crimea in a clanwar was in 2013 when I was in T_A_H. We played against The Avengers. The map was Steppe Farmstead, we played Crimean Khanate vs Kingdom of Sweden with WNL rules (so faction change) and 40% cav limit. We did take as many horse archers as possible, yet they were easily taken out by The Avengers' full musketeer team. We did win 2 rounds thanks to pure luck, we could've won more if Kreus wasn't commanding, but of course he was... Anyway, the leader of The Avengers, Robin, then banned us from their server. Then they came to our server and started spamming and insulting us, and they were harassing us on other servers for weeks. Duh.

The last time I played Crimea in a clanwar was also in 2013, T_A_H vs The Dark Alliance. We played on Steppe Farmstead, Crimean Khanate against Polish Commonwealth with WNL rules and 40% cav limit yet again. No matter the Crimean horse archer spam, the Polish lancers could take all of them out with their long lances, and the enemy infantry and cavalry was obliterated by the Polish pikemen. We did win 2 rounds thanks to pure luck, we could've won more if Kreus wasn't commanding, but of course he was... Now, do I need to say what happened after we won the clanwar?

The moral of the story is: some people are just impossible.

It's worth mentioning that I personally took part in at least 250 clanwars during my Fire and Sword career, of those, I commanded 50. Yet I played Crimea in only 4 of those 250 clanwars. ONLY 4! This is just plain ridiculous.

I guess Crimea got banned from leagues thanks to the cavspam and the obvious overpoweredness of the horse archers. But as OP as those arrows might be, horchers have no defense methods against any sort of firearm or pikes. Crimean lancers are kind of good, but they're worth nothing against pikemen. Crimean infantry is the only thing that can win clanwars for this faction as far as I'm concerned.

I mean look at these league rules. Even if we pick an open map with Crimea, the enemy might as well just spam 7 Swedish musketeers, which can easily take out 3 horse archers from a distance. In my honest opinion I'd rather ban Sweden than disallow Crimea.

This very league is supposed to be innovative. And I'd say, bringing back Crimea into the faction roster would be a pretty cool way to make innovation in WFaS. Especially since now we're stuck with playing the triangle of Poland-Sweden-Cossack in most clanwars.

Maybe do a test match with these rules, Crimea vs any faction. Judgement shall be made after the match results.

Also SPOILER! if any clan possibly takes Trenches with Sweden, they won.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed my story. I'll gladly tell you more if I'm asked to. Kind regards.

First of all. We had Crimea in a Tournament, I remember playing it with Barabe vs TDA (?). Horse archer weren't allowed, wich made it totaly impossible to win a round, since their musketeers aren't that good and the shields won't hold long enough against pikes to actually battle the enemy infantry. If we enable horse archers, it's unbalanced again, because they're just too op.

Also SPOILER! if any clan possibly takes Trenches with Sweden, they won.

That's totally bull****. If you had a close look to the rules, FACTIONS WILL STAY AT THE SAME SAPWNS, WHILE TEAMS SWITCH THE SPAWNS.
That means, if you take Trenches with Sweden and your opponent goes for example with Poland: You'll play Sweden on spawn A, and your opponent Poland on spawn B. After the first spawn you'll play Poland on spawn B and your opponent Sweden on spawn A. You can't really "outpick" someone anymore, because the other team will have the same advantages/disadvantages as the other Team, after switching the spawns.

Alright so... I'll ignore all the bashing to the players you made and go straight to the point, do we allow Crim khanate or not.

You said this :
The third time I played Crimea in a clanwar was in 2013 when I was in T_A_H. We played against The Avengers. The map was Steppe Farmstead, we played Crimean Khanate vs Kingdom of Sweden with WNL rules (so faction change) and 40% cav limit. We did take as many horse archers as possible, yet they were easily taken out by The Avengers' full musketeer team. We did win 2 rounds thanks to pure luck, we could've won more if Kreus wasn't commanding, but of course he was... Anyway, the leader of The Avengers, Robin, then banned us from their server. Then they came to our server and started spamming and insulting us, and they were harassing us on other servers for weeks. Duh.

You forgot that there was 1000 gold, and that's why Crim was beatable, we have 1500 gold settings, which makes horse archers way more powerful. I don't say it's impossible to fight against Crim, or take some rounds, but a good team will be able to beat another team with Crim.

We will talk about it with other admins because it's worth giving a thought (which we did), but I really think Crim is simply too good. Also, the problem is, having cav limit on HA (we had 2 HA max when we played TDA in late 2014), and Crim won in total 0 rounds, because without Horse archers, Crim sucks. So I don't know, if we want to allow Crimean Khanate, we need to find a big solution to balance it, but if we can't find a major changing and a way to balance it, Crimean Horse archers will stay on the bench for now  :???:

Back
Top Bottom