stocking inventory in farmsteads not economical?

Users who are viewing this thread

harpred

Recruit
just wanted to confirm this..

bought a weaver making wool cloth in one of the cities in south england, they gave me an estimate of about ~800 profit per week (after subtracting cost of raw materials, labor).. I put a bunch of wool (bought cheap from villages for around ~50 or so) and filled their inventory, only made 1500 net at the weaver the next week. As you know I could have sold the wool in Dorestad for ~700, even if I only sell a couple of wool i've already made more than than I would giving it to the farmstead...

thats kind of disappointing cause I already bought a tool-making farmstead in Norway, thinking I would be smart by stocking it with cheap iron from local villages and make a lot of money despite the base estimate being around ~250 per week but it looks like I would make much more just selling the iron for 350+ in other towns. Should have picked the brewery for Norway (~800 passive income)

of course the last question would be if selling the finished product yourself at the best price ... after supplying the raw materials would in the end make you more money than letting it auto-manage itself without you interfering...... but in the case of tools I'd have to sell them all the way in Ireland and wool cloth I have no idea

anyone have any experience? what combination of stocking raw materials/selling the finished product yourself/leaving it alone is the most time/cost effective? thanks

welcome to Warband economy. Every time time you buy or sell you affect the prices, so your cloth which was worth a lot more suddenly fetch less money, and wool that you peddle suddenly cost a lot more.

trading is pretty much a waste of time in Warband. Just let the farmsteads auto mange this for you. If a farmstead isn't profitable, sell it and try another product. I have 6 breweries all humming along at 600-800 profit per week.

It can be very economical, depending on the item and it's cost. If you are making a major trading circuit and you know a good place to sell a raw material like iron or wool, then compare the price offered at market with the raw materials price described by your foreman. It's pretty unlikely that the price your enterprise pays for wool is greater than the price you'd get selling that wool in Dorested, but can sometimes be worth the effort.

Back
Top Bottom