Gamescom - Combat?? - Full Thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fietta

buıʇʇǝs uoıʇɔǝɹıp ʞɔɐʇʇɐ
Marquis
I've posted a shortened version somewhere else,
Looking at the games in trailer, it shows weather systems, craftsble seige weapons. For combat I've seen a different stance (kind of like chivalry) when looking at the replay function, the combat is almost identical with the 4 directional swing. It seems you get stunned a little after you get hit, I believe weight has been added so there will be no swing spam, or even feints. On single player however it shows a lot of cool features such as board games, the character customisation is rather weird as you can customise the weight etc of your character, would that make hitbox issues?, I don't want it to be like reign of kings where you have to put them small and thin. The single player map looks gorgeous, even the NPCs look gorgeous, but looking at animations and how everything is, you can tell its quite unfinished, meaning that it seems the release date isn't soon. You can also make your own weapons, xustomise them etc in single player which is cool. The combat replay system failed to deliver any blocking combat. Overall it looks pretty good, apart from the chivalry stance and long axe swings. I would like to see blocking as it doesn't seem like it a full block system but like a parry/chamber system like chivalry.

EDIT: The games seems more single-player instead of multiplayer. Looking at the combat, I don't see how it would play in multiplayer. Also there's seasons which is damn awesome.

Yeah, I saw it, its just people over-hyping about character customisation. Plus, I wrote too much for a thread reply. People would sink in the dark side, that thread is just a hype thread.

trot888 said:
Yeah, I saw it, its just people over-hyping about character customisation. Plus, I wrote too much for a thread reply. People would sink in the dark side, that thread is just a hype thread.

I think he means the interview, the guy there explains a bit about how they're changed the system so that you have to deflect some attacks from heavy weapons, because it doesn't make sense that you could block them, and other stuff too :grin:

Gibby Jr said:
trot888 said:

I think he means the interview, the guy there explains a bit about how they're changed the system so that you have to deflect some attacks from heavy weapons, because it doesn't make sense that you could block them, and other stuff too :grin:

Sounds like chivalry to me.

they didnt really show much about combat, animations looked bad too. So I guess its just at an early stage, no use to make threads about it if we havent even seen archery or cav.

Le Roux said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249537.0.html
If you mean to say that the linked thread is the place to discuss Bannerlord, I think it is okay to focus a new thread on just one aspect of what we've seen so far, so I'll allow this to continue here.

Goker said:
Le Roux said:
If you mean to say that the linked thread is the place to discuss Bannerlord, I think it is okay to focus a new thread on just one aspect of what we've seen so far, so I'll allow this to continue here.
Okay.

I think/hope the animations we saw are placeholders. If not.. well gg.

trot888 said:
Looking at the games in trailer, it shows weather systems, craftsble seige weapons. For combat I've seen a different stance (kind of like chivalry) when looking at the replay function, the combat is almost identical with the 4 directional swing. It seems you get stunned a little after you get hit, I believe weight has been added so there will be no swing spam, or even feints. On single player however it shows a lot of cool features such as board games, the character customisation is rather weird as you can customise the weight etc of your character, would that make hitbox issues?, I don't want it to be like reign of kings where you have to put them small and thin. The single player map looks gorgeous, even the NPCs look gorgeous, but looking at animations and how everything is, you can tell its quite unfinished, meaning that it seems the release date isn't soon. You can also make your own weapons, xustomise them etc in single player which is cool. The combat replay system failed to deliver any blocking combat. Overall it looks pretty good, apart from the chivalry stance and long axe swings. I would like to see blocking as it doesn't seem like it a full block system but like a parry/chamber system like chivalry.

EDIT: The games seems more single-player instead of multiplayer. Looking at the combat, I don't see how it would play in multiplayer. Also there's seasons which is damn awesome.
Thoughts ? They screwed combat up by copy-pasting combat system from warband :

ToWPrJk.jpg

First hit registration issue in first 3 seconds of combat. Previously axe's wooden shaft killed people - 
Tc9YoIJ.png
we'll see if the fixed it.

P.S.
Come Heather :]

Le Roux said:
Goker said:
Le Roux said:
Okay.

I think/hope the animations we saw are placeholders. If not.. well gg.

My guess is that they did not show much of it in the videos because they are not far with the combat overall. Theres still hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom