Movie and show non-appreciation thread

Users who are viewing this thread

"Exodus: Gods and Kings" was disappointing. Nothing really works.
It's poorly directed, and none of the characters are interesting. Not even Moses is charismatic.
The actors are poorly casted, and at no point was I convinced it took place in Egypt.

All that pales in comparison to the shocking crime of not using African American actors to portray the pharoahs.

Watched Terminator for the first time yesterday (it never usually gets shown on TV over here). Underwhelming. Sarah connor was a good actor and the premise was interesting, but the rest fluctuated between unimaginatively shot and downright hard to watch, with shakycam and poor lighting galore. The soundtrack was gimmicky ****e and the action was tensionless.

I guess I'm expecting too much from an 80s film but it just looked dead and lifeless. Also that sex scene was the most hilariously awkward thing I've ever seen in cinema.

jacobhinds said:
Watched Terminator for the first time yesterday (it never usually gets shown on TV over here). Underwhelming. Sarah connor was a good actor and the premise was interesting, but the rest fluctuated between unimaginatively shot and downright hard to watch, with shakycam and poor lighting galore. The soundtrack was gimmicky ****e and the action was tensionless.

4jDboBA.gif

Yeah pretty much the same feeling. I've been toying with the idea of continuing to watch it - I stopped after first season but I heard that she left the show. Hopefully the spunky Latvian gets into bigger and better things!

I watched the first Alien vs Predator movie again, and goddamn, they had a nice thing going on for the first half and then they had to add a stupid ****ing relationship between human and predator and it just goes down hill from there, also why would you make a avp movie on modern days and not space colonial marines days with was way more cooler was it because the two predator movies were set in the 80's ? its just so dumb

also bump, I need a place to complain

I was so hyped when I saw it was on HBO GO because I figured I "Finally get to watch this gritty war classic!" Turned out to be horrible acting of blatantly stereotypical 'Nam characters by several good actors and some of the worst special effects this side of Krull.That scene where Charlie's making the villager dance by shooting at his feet is just so bad it's hilarious.

I think it is kind of a matter of it setting a lot of the tropes that would become overwhelmingly mainstream afterwards. Could be wrong tho.

Might be. But the characters were all just straight archetypes from war media. The good Sgt. buddy of the regular soldiers, the tragically evil commander who used to be good, the sociopath who just likes to kill but occasionally gets philosophical, the big teddy bear black guy, the insane ******* black guy, the "regular guy." None of them really ever acted out of the confines of whichever stereotype they were locked into.

The New Star Wars movie was not at all as good as people are saying it is in my opinion.
Sure the actors got better lines to work with and the vibe was similar to that of the marvel movies (light-hearted, joking heroes)
but damn the plot is mediocre.

It's basically recycling the old movies with a new Sidious who comes out of nowhere and builds a bigger better death star that destoyes the whole republic like swatting a fly.
making all the efforts of the rebel alliance 20 years ago or something worthless. The angsty Darth Vader kid is just horrible and I hope they make the reasons for him to be so evil less dumb in the next movie.   

The visuals were incredible and beautiful and I admit it held your attention really well. The female protagonist is also really cool, feminists should be happy with her.
Ugh, I'm gonna love this movie if I watch it again.

Back
Top Bottom