B Dark Ages Viking Conquest - Reworked Environment [RELEASED v1.0]

Users who are viewing this thread

HJDE81.png

8CbgOy.png

Unofficial retexture for Viking Conquest.

Download v1.0 (234 mb)
Mirror 1

Version: All
Installation:
Copy the texture folder to the folder with your module, but first make backup your old folder with textures.
Recomendation: Turn off HDR.

Screenshots: (HDR off)
mb3.jpg

Adorno said:
Dark and gloomy  :grin:
I don't like it, England may be a place that's often overcast. But this changes the environment to be literally "The dark ages" which is just stupid and unrealistic. Its a bit like on Vikings where they specifically change the contrast to make it look depressing and then make everyone wear black and brown clothes instead of colourful tunics and stuff like they would have actually worn.

Articulo34 said:
While the quality is superb, I am with Urban_Viking on this one. Feels oppressive and tiresome.

I'm just trying to convey the atmosphere of that time. Partly based on the Viking series and my knowledge of history. :wink:
It's only my vision :smile:

Well done mate, I love it really feels like the dark ages now :grin::grin: thank you :party:

Urban_Viking said:
Adorno said:
Dark and gloomy  :grin:
I don't like it, England may be a place that's often overcast. But this changes the environment to be literally "The dark ages" which is just stupid and unrealistic. Its a bit like on Vikings where they specifically change the contrast to make it look depressing and then make everyone wear black and brown clothes instead of colourful tunics and stuff like they would have actually worn.

I live in England, even with out the dark ages, its mostly dark and gloomy :sad:

EDIT: Who just learned how to insert multiple quotes easily :shifty: :shifty: :party:

mark7 said:
Articulo34 said:
While the quality is superb, I am with Urban_Viking on this one. Feels oppressive and tiresome.

I'm just trying to convey the atmosphere of that time. Partly based on the Viking series and my knowledge of history. :wink:
It's only my vision :smile:

Its good but not as good as Brytenwaldas graphicpack (polished landscapes/Calradia in darkness). It would be awesome if you could convert that to VC. Also, the worldmap looks weird when you zoom out. Still much better then native graphics. That **** looks like teletubbies or rainbow island, yuck :smile:

Back
Top Bottom