B Dark Ages Viking Conquest - Reworked Environment [RELEASED v1.0]

Users who are viewing this thread

I recommend to play VC - ReENV + PFS Shader, adds more detail and colorfulness , without killing the overall picture.
mb44.jpg

mb50.jpg

Obligatory requirements for this mode:
Antialiasing x8
Auto Explosure OFF

I hope this is not a silly question: Does this mod cause any performance loss (are the textures the same size as the original ones)? I love the screenshots and very much would like to download.

Tiera said:
I hope this is not a silly question: Does this mod cause any performance loss (are the textures the same size as the original ones)? I love the screenshots and very much would like to download.

This not affect the performance.

Mark7 said:
Tiera said:

This not affect the performance.

AA x 8 might if you usually have it off.
Mark7 said:
Obligatory requirements for this mode:
Antialiasing x8
Auto Explosure OFF

If it's native Warband textures you can use them for any Warband mod.
But the textures specific to VC (as well as all other resources incl. models) can only be used in mods for VC.

Judicially it's about not taking resources from a game that costs money and using them in modifications that are free.
It might seem pedantic when it's about a few textures, but it's a loophole for using anything and everything.

Great overrall quality of the textures, lad! Installed and running now, only excluding the world map textures.

Urban_Viking said:
Adorno said:
Dark and gloomy  :grin:
I don't like it, England may be a place that's often overcast. But this changes the environment to be literally "The dark ages" which is just stupid and unrealistic. Its a bit like on Vikings where they specifically change the contrast to make it look depressing and then make everyone wear black and brown clothes instead of colourful tunics and stuff like they would have actually worn.
And I like the show vikings more because of it, I prefer more natural colours to flashy and colourful. I can go either way with the contrast but I feel the darkness suits the vikings

Nice mod, downloading.

Spanish: Hola Mark, dejaron de hacer el mod? Que triste, saludos (Soy de la URSS).

For everyone who are planning to combine this with Dark Age.

I installed this over DA wihtout overwriting existing files and enabled the SMAA injector but it became way too dark. Every daytime looks like night. I´m suggesting to use the two mods seperate or use another shader injector.

Steinear said:
For everyone who are planning to combine this with Dark Age.

I installed this over DA wihtout overwriting existing files and enabled the SMAA injector but it became way too dark. Every daytime looks like night. I´m suggesting to use the two mods seperate or use another shader injector.
With the SMAA injector everything is fine..
(btw is supposed to work only with directx 9, directx 10, directx 11, x86 applications and may be incompatible with Steam Overlay)

Dark Age did not use much of these textures (skybox_, vc_bark_, vc_grass_, vc_leaves_, vc_map_, vc_terrain_, vc_wheat_, wall* and others) because many materials have been changed.
If you installed this over DA wihtout overwriting existing files that many a normal and a specular maps are incorrect because in DA many textures have been changed.

It's incompatible.

Nice texture replacer, but mead halls and lord's halls are too dark inside. Some item icons in inventory are too dark also.

Bustrofedon said:
Nice texture replacer, but mead halls and lord's halls are too dark inside. Some item icons in inventory are too dark also.[/b]

Tried the mod, as VC vanilla actually can use some fx improvements (esp. for what the mod offers, plus improved textures of humans and animals, and clothes/armour/weapons*).

I don't have the same impression as the poster above - it rather reflects the medieval background, where open fires and/or torches were the only lightsources available, plus candles which but have been  very rare and very expensive. Thus i like what the mod does here for the interior, it enhances realism.

Have other issues:

- Map changes are rather not well made, imo.. The here in one post mentioned files to re-add files from vanilla aren't enough in my case, as the map-icons (settlements) remain with altered texture. I assume that is generally the case, or do i have a unique thing? However, my question would be: Which texture files are responsible for map-icons aka the map settlements?
Edit: Solved (have world map back to vanilla, which is not perfect, but like it more than the altered one). Solution (just in case interesting for others): All .dds files (names) which indicate world map locations (vc_map castle, city, etc.). Using the mod now, except its world map files.

- Still another graphic effect thing (which might be a unique setting case, perhaps)?
a. Shadows at night seem to be greenish/transparent than blackish, looks odd and mere unrealistic.
b. All architecture (ground, walls, etc.) seem to have a strong greenish emphasis.
Is it my Gamma setting or something, or generally the case? What say other players/users of the mod here?

Due to these mentioned issues, i removed the mod, for now. Would like to use it, if i know how to deal with them properly. Help appreciated regarding the above issues.

My fx settings are highest/ultra, AA 8x, Auto-expl./HDR off. On a MSI 1070 Gaming X.

* I know there are some mods out there for this (just not to my liking and/or come with other mod items included).
Just where i would prefer or would desire modular mod offers, which change single items (like texture environment, texture sky, texture architecture, texture interior, texture vegetation, texture animals, texture armours, texture cloth, texture weapons, Lighting, texture Map, texture UI/Interface, etc.)

EDIT

And sorry, i forgot to say: Thanks for the excellent texture work, a world difference to vanilla textures. Can only recommend the mod, independent from my mentioned points.

Hey, great mod, but I am having a really annoying problem with the trees. When I have anti-aliasing enabled, the leaves on the trees become transparent at a distance. The higher the anti-aliasing, the shorter the distance that they become transparent. I tried forcing anti-aliasing in Nvidia control panel, but unfortunately Nvidia AA seems to have no effect in Warband. Do you have any idea what the problem may be, and how to fix it?

demigod195 said:
Hey, great mod, but I am having a really annoying problem with the trees. When I have anti-aliasing enabled, the leaves on the trees become transparent at a distance. The higher the anti-aliasing, the shorter the distance that they become transparent. I tried forcing anti-aliasing in Nvidia control panel, but unfortunately Nvidia AA seems to have no effect in Warband. Do you have any idea what the problem may be, and how to fix it?

Don't use AA at all, M&B engine is not good in handling it well and most of the times it can be very buggy for your game, save corruption etc.
I have a 2K monitor and don't use AA in any game at all, except in special occasions which I use 2x, maximum.

By the way,
Mark7 Great Mod!  :cool:
And a question, There are a lot of extra textures that vanila doesn't have in the texture folder, if I copy them from your mod will they be recognized from the game or do I have to rename them?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom