(Low) Fantasy Play-by-post RP: Interest Check: OOC UPDATED!

Users who are viewing this thread

At the moment, I am strongly in favor of dropping the party off at the very edge of territory belonging to something that resembles the Holy Roman Empire, essentially a dark, scary place next to something that resembles Eastern Europe.

Finally, someone notices my homage. :grin:

I was actually playing Darklands when I realized that the general idea would be a pretty awesome starting point for a play-by-post if some things were changed and the RP was set in a fictional world (because I ****ing hate breaking history...unless it's an Alt History deal).

As a reward for your discovery, your character may now communicate directly with God.

Ulf I've been playing that game for 20 plus years now. I've got more than a few leather bound journals I've made to keep the various games run throughs and quests down in.

What do you know about Me, Gunther, and Co. , through the graces of St. Wenceslaus,  just righteously tearing up scandals in Bohemia of late? Just peeling moist ass raubritters out of their plate with my (no less than) Nürnburg quality military hammer as I type.

<3

I can believe it, I am having way too much fun with the game,  the graphics may not have aged well, but man it's nice to have some low fantasy German goodness.

Map is slowly progressing, spending some time on religion at the moment because it struck my fancy for today.  :razz:

Even when I get back I still find myself away for some periods. If anything we might be able to have a drop in drop out feature with the way this will be set up. Certain adventurer,mercenary and craftspeople  depending on availability, or the region of the game world the main company finds itself in. Also a few people could play as recurring, but not to frequent, non-party characters of importance under the guiding of the GM.

Posted a work in progress OOC, I'll be updating and adding stuff as I work it out, but wanted to keep you guys in the loop with how things are going.  :razz:

Played with the idea of reusing an old but updated character, but this new world could throw up more interesting ideas. Have to see what it's like before I start a new one. Especially the religions. Possible heretics? Cooool.

Urgrevling said:
Kewl! Started working on a character already. Ugly son of a ***** who loves his momma.

:lol:

Awesome.

Angelsachsen said:
Played with the idea of reusing an old but updated character, but this new world could throw up more interesting ideas. Have to see what it's like before I start a new one. Especially the religions. Possible heretics? Cooool.

Given the fact that we are using 14th century Europe as a template of sorts and considering my friend is pretty obsessed with theology (as an area of study) religion(s) will definitely play an important role in the RP.  :razz:

Teofish said:
I have a rather fascinating character concept in mind as well. Just need a bit more outfleshing on the setting.

Sweet, I'm working on the setting a bit every day but there's a lot to get down on paper.  :lol:

However, if there is something specific any of you feel you might need to know you can always hit me up with a PM so that I don't forget to explain something that might be valuable to you.

Heyo, I'd be interested in joining in on this RP. I haven't roleplayed on this particular forum before, but I spent a decent amount of time in middle and high school doing play-by-post RPs (hopefully, my writing skills have improved somewhat since then). Is there room for one more?

Always glad to have more interest.  :razz:

With that being said, while I am incredibly happy to see people ask about the RP or state there interest this thread isn't really intended as a place to reserve a spot in the RP.

The way I'll do things (to be as fair as possible given the large volume of interest) is as follows:

1) Once I added all the necessary info to the OOC thread I will open up "recruitment" until a certain date
2) During this period you can submit a character (and of course edit or change it until said date)
3) Once the deadline has passed I'll review all the completed CSes I have and pick the characters which I think are of the highest quality (by quality I mean things like how well written the CS is, how balanced the character is, how well the character fits into the setting, etc.)

This may seem a bit hardcore (and I promise I am not some crazy dictator like GM), but in my experience with PbP RPs recruitment based on CS quality  is really the only way to give everyone a fair chance and to encourage good work.

I once did that. The players started a Shadowrun campaign but were immediately apprehended and taken to a sinister Corp hospital for experimentation and they had to escape. Naturally lost all their gear. Boy were they happy  :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom