[5-a-Side] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hqk7tLv.png

SUGGESTIONS & [size=30pt]QUESTIONS[/size]

If you have any suggestions, concerns or questions regarding the league, feel free to post them here in a constructive way.

Rather than spam the other thread I'll put this here.

Tardet said:
Erminas said:
So which Port Assault version is being used in this tourney?

The one with the flag on the boat. I proposed your version to the admin team but barely got any anwsers. So if you've any complaints, redirect to Rene, thanks. :/

What were the reasons of using this version of Port Assault over Erminas'?

Also, having Castellum in both week one and week two when fixtures are being generated seems very strange, why not get a 10th map and play each map once?

I was waiting for another admin to handle it but apparently no one is willing to anwser you, sorry about the delay Jarvis.

To anwser you first question,

JarvisAndPi said:
What were the reasons of using this version of Port Assault over Erminas'?

The reason why we choosed the native version over Erminas one was more because of a lack of communication bewteen the admin team rather than anything else, atleast to my eyes. Some days before I actually post that, Erminas came to me on steam and asked me what version of Port Assault was used, since he was afraid we were using the Native one. I told him I had actually no clue but that it was more logic to me that we would be using the one with the flag on the beach and not on the boat because it was more balanced. It looks like I was wrong. When I realised it, one day before the first match was played, I asked which version we should use on the admin forums and barely got any anwsers.

Finally since Rene was quite busy this day, and that we couldn't figure out which version was prefered by people, we didn't change anything and kept the Native Version. At the end, it comes down to personal preferences to decide which one is the best but I think we can all agree that Erminas's version has the interest to give an opportunity to use cav as Nords, as there is one flag out of three in the open.

If I had acces to the server consols and actually knew how to handle this stuff, I would have probably do it myself. Now it's too late anyways so I guess you guys will have to deal with three flags out of reach for cavalry. Since Port Assault will probably appear again, later in the tournament, I will try to re-discuss it within the admin teams, to hopefully get more anwsers and opinions. You're also more than welcome to tell us your preference so it helps us taking a decision.

JarvisAndPi said:
Also, having Castellum in both week one and week two when fixtures are being generated seems very strange, why not get a 10th map and play each map once?

To decide which maps are played each weeks, I used a Warband Random Generator, specially created for that. This means, that as for each random generator, some items can appear twice. It has been the case in another 5-a-Side as far as I know. It probaly is not very enjoyable for people who don't like the map to play it twice in a row, I do understand. It was the first time I was doing that, and I got any special informations nor directives about it. Moreover when I asked Rene, he said it wasn't a problem. Next time, once a map has been randomly picked, I will remove it from the list so it doesn't appear twice and the 10 maps can be played in the Pre-Season, you're absolutly right on that.

I have to say the amount of honesty and detail in your reply is wonderful and refreshing to see, Tardet, so thank you for that.

About Port Assault, I understand that you can't change the map so late.  However, I think everyone will agree that Erminas' version is better, and it would be good to see the map changed to that for the tournament proper if it's still in the map pool.

For Castellum, it's good that you'll fix the problem next time, so thanks, but is it too late to change the maps for week 2?  I doubt many (if anyone) have trained for the week two maps, since only 2 matches have been played in week 1 so far.

That's great to hear mate, I often write a lot but that mostly so people get everything they need to know when they read me, so you're more than welcome.

I clearly think the same that's why I will try my best to make it happens for the second part of the tournament, the League.

Actually, it's never too late, I can always try to contact Rene about it, and change it. My only problem is that it take some times to get an anwser, but as long as any matchs have been played in the Week 2, it's still possible so I will try my best as asual.

Thanks for pointing it out Jarvis, that's how we can improve.

ReneKB said:
Considering the high amount of not-played-matches we decided that every "match week" will last 2 weeks. This rule applies in the whole Pre-Season. That allows the teams not to focus Warband that much in the summer time but still taking part on this tournament.

That means for the 1st Week: The deadline will be extended to the 12th of July.
I can see three matches not played (out of 18?). Two of them are between high level teams and I think it's pretty weak to see tournaments bending over backwards to accommodate them like that.

Just because they don't have all their best players for their cocky and stupid picks, we end up in a situation where everybody has to wait and play for a lot longer, in order to fit around their schedule. There are 35 teams in this tournament and they all deserve a little more respect than this decision shows in my opinion.

Captain Lust said:
ReneKB said:
Considering the high amount of not-played-matches we decided that every "match week" will last 2 weeks. This rule applies in the whole Pre-Season. That allows the teams not to focus Warband that much in the summer time but still taking part on this tournament.

I can see three matches not played (out of 18?). Two of them are between high level teams and I think it's pretty weak to see tournaments bending over backwards to accommodate them like that.

Just because they don't have all their best players for their cocky and stupid picks, we end up in a situation where everybody has to wait and play for a lot longer, in order to fit around their schedule. There are 35 teams in this tournament and they all deserve a little more respect than this decision shows in my opinion.

I agree :!:

Kragen said:
Captain Lust said:
ReneKB said:

I agree :!:
Totally agree. I don't want to participate in a tournament where we could potentially be seeing a 10 week pre-season too.

Captain Lust said:
ReneKB said:

I agree too, two weeks per match is way too long. I think it will end up in teams losing motivation more than getting better matches. It should not be that hard to get 10 players for a match if there are 20 to choose from.

It's ****** pathetic - all teams must wait for guys, who wasn't able to play during last week. BP and Demba Ba Army wanted to contact with them but they ****** them. All teams have to suffer and wait one week for ****** lazybones.
If they have no time to play lets go **** off them from this tournament.
**** this

Without all the animosity, isn't it possible to grant these guys an extension for 1-2 days and continue the tournament like normal?

Thanks for your feedback. According to the valid points you called, we will discuss this with the admin team once again and find a proper solution. But all I can say is that there won't be a picking night today.

@Prußak: I can understand your frustration but this thread is a place for constructive criticism. So please keep it constructive.

I actually apologise towards the people who found irrespectous the decision which has been taken. It has honestly been decided in a rush and with a really reducted number of admins as not everyone were available to discuss it.

This said, I would like everyone to understand that even though I completly understand your points and pretty much share all of them, this decision was made regarding two points, knowing that :

• Bendetto's point showed a strong will to play their match despite Deacon's showing no sign of activity. If they hadn't express it, you can be sure this match specificly wouldn't have been granted an extension has Deacon (and Cleric in the same idea) seem simply away, doing their things, and absolutly not caring about the fact they signed up teams. And I'm the first to be really disappointed about it. It was more in the idea to give Bendetto's Point and Demba Army a chance to play as they requested rather than favouring Cleric and Deacon has they simply don't deserve it.
  • That they're still two other teams who scheduled their match for today and they, to my eyes, deserve an extension regarding the fact they both posted a roster and tried to play their match.

We have been trying to be accommodating, too much actually and I can understand it triggered this reaction. To be extremly fair, I was expecting it as I told Rene.

That's the reason why we'll be re-discussing everything with Rene and probably will come down to a more reasonable decision.

Sorry again for the confusion.

According to the rules, every monday picknight. I've been vouched for my team to do picknight tonight and cleared up some time to do so.

Just few minutes ago rumors came around there is no pick night and I'm starting to believe it as I don't see a topic for it.

What's happening? I've never done a pick night before...

Alright. Admin please reply somewhere when there is a set date. I don't want to let my team down because not finding these posts and missing the picking!

Captain Lust said:

[Snipped for spam]

Back
Top Bottom