Author Topic: [5-a-Side] Suggestions & Questions  (Read 4913 times)

ReneKB

• Skype - xrenekbx
    • Steam - renekb
    • Twitter - @ReneKB_
    • Twitch.tv - renekb
    • YouTube - renekb96
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Trinity_ReneKB
  • WBNWWF&SM&B
[5-a-Side] Suggestions & Questions
« on: June 26, 2015, 02:23:00 PM »

SUGGESTIONS & QUESTIONS

If you have any suggestions, concerns or questions regarding the league, feel free to post them here in a constructive way.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 01:18:16 AM by Wub Wub Wub Wub Bwaaah »

JarvisAndPi

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: BRO_JarvisAndPi
Re: [5-a-Side] Suggestions & Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 09:48:29 PM »
Rather than spam the other thread I'll put this here.

So which Port Assault version is being used in this tourney?

The one with the flag on the boat. I proposed your version to the admin team but barely got any anwsers. So if you've any complaints, redirect to Rene, thanks. :/

What were the reasons of using this version of Port Assault over Erminas'?

Also, having Castellum in both week one and week two when fixtures are being generated seems very strange, why not get a 10th map and play each map once?

Tardet

• French Toast
  • Who had this awful idea to get a frenchman in?
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/MndBTardet/
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Tardet
  • NW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
I was waiting for another admin to handle it but apparently no one is willing to anwser you, sorry about the delay Jarvis.

To anwser you first question,

What were the reasons of using this version of Port Assault over Erminas'?

The reason why we choosed the native version over Erminas one was more because of a lack of communication bewteen the admin team rather than anything else, atleast to my eyes. Some days before I actually post that, Erminas came to me on steam and asked me what version of Port Assault was used, since he was afraid we were using the Native one. I told him I had actually no clue but that it was more logic to me that we would be using the one with the flag on the beach and not on the boat because it was more balanced. It looks like I was wrong. When I realised it, one day before the first match was played, I asked which version we should use on the admin forums and barely got any anwsers.

Finally since Rene was quite busy this day, and that we couldn't figure out which version was prefered by people, we didn't change anything and kept the Native Version. At the end, it comes down to personal preferences to decide which one is the best but I think we can all agree that Erminas's version has the interest to give an opportunity to use cav as Nords, as there is one flag out of three in the open.

If I had acces to the server consols and actually knew how to handle this stuff, I would have probably do it myself. Now it's too late anyways so I guess you guys will have to deal with three flags out of reach for cavalry. Since Port Assault will probably appear again, later in the tournament, I will try to re-discuss it within the admin teams, to hopefully get more anwsers and opinions. You're also more than welcome to tell us your preference so it helps us taking a decision.

Also, having Castellum in both week one and week two when fixtures are being generated seems very strange, why not get a 10th map and play each map once?

To decide which maps are played each weeks, I used a Warband Random Generator, specially created for that. This means, that as for each random generator, some items can appear twice. It has been the case in another 5-a-Side as far as I know. It probaly is not very enjoyable for people who don't like the map to play it twice in a row, I do understand. It was the first time I was doing that, and I got any special informations nor directives about it. Moreover when I asked Rene, he said it wasn't a problem. Next time, once a map has been randomly picked, I will remove it from the list so it doesn't appear twice and the 10 maps can be played in the Pre-Season, you're absolutly right on that.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:35:29 AM by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

JarvisAndPi

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: BRO_JarvisAndPi
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 05:55:33 PM »
I have to say the amount of honesty and detail in your reply is wonderful and refreshing to see, Tardet, so thank you for that.

About Port Assault, I understand that you can't change the map so late.  However, I think everyone will agree that Erminas' version is better, and it would be good to see the map changed to that for the tournament proper if it's still in the map pool.

For Castellum, it's good that you'll fix the problem next time, so thanks, but is it too late to change the maps for week 2?  I doubt many (if anyone) have trained for the week two maps, since only 2 matches have been played in week 1 so far.

Tardet

• French Toast
    • View Profile
  • NW
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 06:07:30 PM »
That's great to hear mate, I often write a lot but that mostly so people get everything they need to know when they read me, so you're more than welcome.

I clearly think the same that's why I will try my best to make it happens for the second part of the tournament, the League.

Actually, it's never too late, I can always try to contact Rene about it, and change it. My only problem is that it take some times to get an anwser, but as long as any matchs have been played in the Week 2, it's still possible so I will try my best as asual.

Thanks for pointing it out Jarvis, that's how we can improve.

tipex

• Knight
  • ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Horace the mighty
    • Steam - tipextheman
    • Twitter - CantUseHorace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Horace
  • WBVC
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 10:25:15 PM »
No prediction poll? :O
"The noises you make are more impressive than your fighting" - Kane 2002

Tardet

• French Toast
    • View Profile
  • NW
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 12:47:15 PM »
No prediction poll? :O

Prediction poll are mostly done by members of the community, not by admins. Feel free to run one by yourself, I think it would be entertaining :D

FrankElliott

• Forum Legend
    • Skype - frankelliott555
    • Steam - frank_tw
    • Twitter - frankelliott_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Frank
  • M&BWBWF&SNWVC
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 09:12:46 AM »
Considering the high amount of not-played-matches we decided that every "match week" will last 2 weeks. This rule applies in the whole Pre-Season. That allows the teams not to focus Warband that much in the summer time but still taking part on this tournament.

That means for the 1st Week: The deadline will be extended to the 12th of July.
I can see three matches not played (out of 18?). Two of them are between high level teams and I think it's pretty weak to see tournaments bending over backwards to accommodate them like that.

Just because they don't have all their best players for their cocky and stupid picks, we end up in a situation where everybody has to wait and play for a lot longer, in order to fit around their schedule. There are 35 teams in this tournament and they all deserve a little more respect than this decision shows in my opinion.
Follow me on the twitters @frankelliott_

Kragen

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Steam - Kragenftw
    • Twitter - KRagen3
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Kragen
  • WB
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 10:11:11 AM »
Considering the high amount of not-played-matches we decided that every "match week" will last 2 weeks. This rule applies in the whole Pre-Season. That allows the teams not to focus Warband that much in the summer time but still taking part on this tournament.

I can see three matches not played (out of 18?). Two of them are between high level teams and I think it's pretty weak to see tournaments bending over backwards to accommodate them like that.

Just because they don't have all their best players for their cocky and stupid picks, we end up in a situation where everybody has to wait and play for a lot longer, in order to fit around their schedule. There are 35 teams in this tournament and they all deserve a little more respect than this decision shows in my opinion.

I agree :!:

Viktor

• Sergeant Knight
  • Gamer | Caster | Comic Master | Nice bloke
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/javmandan/
    • Twitter - JavManDan
    • Twitch.tv - Le_Viktor
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: IR_Viktor | Caster_Viktor
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 10:30:14 AM »

I agree :!:
Totally agree. I don't want to participate in a tournament where we could potentially be seeing a 10 week pre-season too.

Prußak

• Sergeant
    • Steam - pzkpfwb
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: EK_Prusak
  • WF&SWBNWVC
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 10:40:52 AM »
When will be posted 2nd week?

Vivar

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Levy
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 12:14:33 PM »

I agree too, two weeks per match is way too long. I think it will end up in teams losing motivation more than getting better matches. It should not be that hard to get 10 players for a match if there are 20 to choose from.

Prußak

• Sergeant
    • Steam - pzkpfwb
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: EK_Prusak
  • WF&SWBNWVC
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 01:30:18 PM »
It's ****** pathetic - all teams must wait for guys, who wasn't able to play during last week. BP and Demba Ba Army wanted to contact with them but they ****** them. All teams have to suffer and wait one week for ****** lazybones.
If they have no time to play lets go **** off them from this tournament.
**** this
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:32:48 PM by Prußak »

Watly

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Skype - arwinatcoolness.com
    • Steam - watly
    • Twitch.tv - mrwatly
    • YouTube - mrwatly
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: Watly
  • WB
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 01:31:15 PM »
Without all the animosity, isn't it possible to grant these guys an extension for 1-2 days and continue the tournament like normal?
Quote from: Arni
Arni: Im too stupid to troll anyone
Quote from: Fietta
☯ Nate | Fietta: You're so dumb
Quote from: DuckLight about Zoyka
DarkLight: the only thing that guy can beat is his meat tho

ReneKB

• Skype - xrenekbx
    • Steam - renekb
    • Twitter - @ReneKB_
    • Twitch.tv - renekb
    • YouTube - renekb96
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Trinity_ReneKB
  • WBNWWF&SM&B
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »
Thanks for your feedback. According to the valid points you called, we will discuss this with the admin team once again and find a proper solution. But all I can say is that there won't be a picking night today.

@Prußak: I can understand your frustration but this thread is a place for constructive criticism. So please keep it constructive.