[5-a-Side] Announcements

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hqk7tLv.png

ANNOUNCEMENTS

This thread will be used by league admins to make announcements regarding the tournament.

Tardet said:
We've exptionally been accepting a very last team to the tournament in order to give an opponenent for anyone, each weeks. So welcome to Convaleyne in the tournament. They will be playing against NewKiddos for Week1.

Sorry, I posted it on the wrong section.

Also.

- For some unknown reasons, the servers DE_1 to DE_6 are crashing quite a lot. We've got several reports and we're on it to find what is causing that. This said, in the meantime, it would be cool that you guys avoid the servers. We'll try to re-direct you on DE_7 and DE_8 as much as possible, aswell as on french servers as much as possible.

We do apologise for the inconvenience and we'll try to get the servers back as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Castellum replaced by Vendetta in the Week 2 after the point has been raised in the suggestion thread. Changes will be made accordingly.

Considering the high amount of not-played-matches we decided that every "match week" will last 2 weeks. This rule applies in the whole Pre-Season. That allows the teams not to focus Warband that much in the summer time but still taking part on this tournament.

That means for the 1st Week: The deadline will be extended to the 12th of July.

Regarding this annoucement :

ReneKB said:
Considering the high amount of not-played-matches we decided that every "match week" will last 2 weeks. This rule applies in the whole Pre-Season. That allows the teams not to focus Warband that much in the summer time but still taking part on this tournament.

That means for the 1st Week: The deadline will be extended to the 12th of July.

And due to the large reaction of many captains/players who raised some valid points, we decided to come back to the normal system of one week per match. Means a "match week" will last one week and not two has it had been previously annouced. However as the week of the 6th of July already started, the first week of the tournament will exptionally last two weeks in order to have the next picknight on a Monday.

This is only in the purpose of a more organised preparation and since we probably confused many people with the recent annoucements, we didn't want to make the next picknight happen during this week and make some people miss it. Consequently, the next picknight will happen Monday the 13th of July and will annouce the start of the Week 2. This also in the idea to possibility make it being commented in live by Mb_tv.

From 5 to 6 weeks, I hope the difference won't be too hard to handle.

In the name of all the 5aSide Admin team, I apologise for the little confusion which may have occured and still hope that you enjoyed and will continue enjoying your matchs.

Sincerely yours, Tardet.

Two things :

- As announced already, the picknight for Week 2 will be tomorrow. Week 1 lasting two weeks in the facts was exptionnal and we're coming back to a normal schedule.

- Secondly, and more important, Talewords has been giving 4 server from Netherlands. As the german servers are quite laggy or crashing a lot, we needed a solution so here it is. A big thanks to Taleworlds and Captain Lust for their help. Edits will be made on the Sponsors and Servers thread accordingly.

The admin team came to the decision to remove Sons of Baggo from the tournament. Cleric (who is the Captain of the team) didn't answer the first-weeks-opponent messages and didn't provide the roster yet. So we couldn't contact any of his players. The (extended) deadline for the first week ends today and the match didn't happen yet. Therefore the opponent of Sons of Baggo receives a default win.

Remember that the next picking night take place tomorrow (20th of July) at 18:00 BST. The times of the picks will be announced on today's evening or not later than tomorrow noon. We hope that more teams are gonna take part on this picking night as in the last one. If the Captains are unavailable on the picking night, one member of your team should make the pick then.

The transfer phase begins today and lasts until Wednesday! After the transfer phase you are allowed to play with the removed / new players. If you want to remove and add players so do it until Wednesday!

Remember that the next picking night take place today (27th of July) at 18:00 BST. If the Captains are unavailable on the picking night, one member of your team should make the pick then.

Announcement

After some days of discussions, and several disagreements, I came down to the conclusion that it would be good to let you guys know what happened recently within the admin team, as it will be obviously an impact on how things will be handled. It is a simple matter of transparency however let's be clear, I will not tolerate any trolling nor flaming about that.

Rene and Lisl's case : You guys might have forget it but at the begining, the main hosters and organisers of the 5aSide were Lisl and Rene. Tallie and I came after in order to offer a complementary help. The inital idea came from those two. Quickly, it turned out that Lisl wasn't doing anything, neither on this forum or on our private one. He did one update as far as I remember,  and then was gone. Despite asking several times where he was or what is was doing, I havn't been unable to get a proper anwser from Rene who (purposly or not) avoided that subject. Due to Lisl playing games on steam, I guess he simply didn't give a damn about the project he had started anymore, but we never got any information from his part about that.

Rene atleast has been kind enough to be here at the begining but quickly it turned out that he was a bit overrun by the situation, lacked motivation and time, and most of the work was done by Tallie and I, with the help later on of Luther and Magnus during sometimes. In his defense, Rene did try his best to help us and keep the 5aSide alive but let's face it, he wasn't able to do much and with a second admin nearly innactive, it was clearly not going so well.

To help us, we got Luther and Magnus to join the admin team. Both did a really good work, but for one week only. After that they both went to vacations, and consequently, for nearly one month, Tallie and I have been handling 95% of the work. Magnus did come back one or two days and is offline for two week. Same thing for Luther.

Which leads to another problem. The admins were not the only ones going to vacations. We lost 8 teams out of 35, probably even more that we'll realise when the first week of the Pre-Season will come to an end. We got 5 teams to replace them which is already something but I'm afraid the more time passes the less we'll be. The time period to host such a tournament is simply desastrous for team management.

When the Pre-Season finally ended, we discussed with Rene to know what we're suppose to do now. Rene has been clearly expressing his lack of motivation toward the tournament aswell as his innactivity to come so he wished the tournament to start again at the end of 2015 ; which would have make it a break of nearly 3 months. I can't immagine how the tournament would have been then.

During my one week holiday in Rome, Tallie and Rene have been preparing the Normal Season together (even though I suspect Tallie for having doing it mostly alone) and I saw that the break period between the PreSeason and the actual Season (League) was only two week long. Since I was afraid to loose even more team in the process, I told Tallie it would be probably better to change to one week only and before I could even think about it, change was made by him.

You have to understand that we were in a situation were we would loose teams anyways, no matter our choice. If we had done as Rene wished, probably all the teams would have stop giving interest to the 5aSide (I know any Warband Tournament who had a break of more than one or two weeks.) and by doing a one week break, we would still be in vacations period anyways, so with teams still missing a lot of people.

So what's next ? Well, despite my strong wish to leave Rene with his tournament, I still will be trying to keep things on board, atleast for sometimes. Tallie will probably be the new head admin but even with that, I don't know how things will go. I'm afraid we're gonna see more and more teams dropping without any capacity to keep them or even give them a valid reason to stay. We don't know If Luther will even come back at one point or If they did, will they still have the wish to help us out.

This tournament wasn't our tournament and we're the only two left to keep it going. Rene should be back in the end of 2015; but even If we managed to keep the tournament alive until then, that will be without me. I have more interesting project such as the WNL to work on, where I know people who engaged themselves as admins we'll be here to do the job, unlike in this one.

So yeah, there is indeed a lot of critism towards some people in this message. But what I'm telling you is what really happened and I'm strongly convinced that each of you deserve to know when things aren't handled so correcly. Tallie and I won't be in any case responsible of the possible problems which will be happening in the future, we'll try to handle them as much as we can but with myself having the incapacity to message each of you guys, to explain the situation, this message will let you know who are the real responsables.

To end this, I will just warn people that If you're not completly ready to host a tournament of this scale, don't do it. Not only it is unprofessionals, disrespectful and immature towards the other admins and the players, but it also let the other handle your mistakes and try their best to deal with it.

Announcement

The 5-a-Side League will be 6 weeks instead of 8 weeks. Mainly because alot of teams will disband soon with the WNL upcoming, and teams losing interest.

Fixture will be added soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom