Could someone help me out pleaseeee?

Users who are viewing this thread

trooper0077

Regular
Could someone please explain how to incorporate freelancer with other mods? I am no modder but i am willing to Learn so I would really appreciate some help :smile: Thanks. Forgive me if this has been asked before.

These are just the general steps you will need to take.  Most of these steps involve some knowledge of the modding process so I would suggest you read the appropriate module system and the modmerger tutorials.
1.  You will need the mod's source code.  If the mod doesn't have the source code, then integrating Freelancer will be darn well impossible.
2.  You will need the Freelancer 1.51 modmerger kit or you can integrate by hand.  The modmerger kit is fairly easy to use but you'll need the modmerger framework.  Do a search and you should be able to find modmerger and the 1.51 modmerger kit.
3.  You will need to slightly alter the code in the Freelancer 1.51 modmerger kit to comment out something was designed for use with the Floris modpack.  I don't recall the exact module file but it is a small, easily made change.
4.  You will need to install modmerger to your mod folder.
5.  You will need to pray that the mod's source code does not interfere with the Freelancer code.  You will find out when you compile and then test in-game.

As you can see, it will take some work.  I am not a programmer and don't know much about coding but I was able to successfully merge Freelancer 1.50 and 1.51 with Diplomacy 4.2 and PBOD .92 without too many problems, just a bit of trial and error and reading the instructions and becoming somewhat familiar with the module system.

Did you have a particular mod in mind that you wanted to add Freelancer too?
I ask because there are several good mods out there using Freelancer.  My own mod, which I will release in July uses Freelancer also.

Yes, I was planning to add freelancer to a popular mod called nova aetas but since i'm not allowed the source files i can't do.much there i'm afraid :sad:. May I ask what mod your working on? Any mods with freelancer i Will definitely check out :smile:

trooper0077 said:
Yes, I was planning to add freelancer to a popular mod called nova aetas but since i'm not allowed the source files i can't do.much there i'm afraid :sad:. May I ask what mod your working on? Any mods with freelancer i Will definitely check out :smile:

My mod is tentatively called Calradia 1050 A.D.  There is a topic in the Mods in Development section.
Right now it includes :
Freelancer 1.51
Diplomacy 4.2 (which I am updating to 4.3)
Pre-Battle Orders and Deployment .92
Outpost kit (which I will probably remove because it is buggy and will replace with camp entrenchment which is not buggy)
Tavern animations
Recruit tier 5 from castles
salt mine for prisoner labor
a few other scripts for other functions
new items
new troops trees that are still a work in progress and will likely change from what I show in the video I posted.

I have been working on this mod for some time now and have been playing it quite a bit to make sure it's bug-free and fairly balanced across factions.  I plan to release a stable finished version this July.

Sounds good i'll check it out  :smile: I believe all the Good mods out there need to have freelancer. I guess its Just me :grin:

tried to merge freelancer .151 into my native module following this tutorial https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320834.0.html

so I installed modmerge 

copied  freelancer merger filers into my module_system directory

opened modmerger_options and setted the 1.166 module since I'm using 1.166 module system.

setted mod active as shown in the tutorial  linked bove

built module  without errors but freelancer is not present in my mod..why=????

Back
Top Bottom