Banner and Flag Standardization Pack (now supports M&B v1.011 & Warband v1.105)

Users who are viewing this thread

My apologies for my extended absence.

I know some of you have figured out how to make the v0.903 version work for v1.011, but I plan on releasing an official v1.011 compatible version of this very soon.  Hopefully tomorrow. 

Stay tuned!

Yellow, I'm so happy you made a 1.010/1.011 version of this.  My days of retexturing banners is over (especially since the tableau system makes it hard on you if you change banner colors).  But to me, the absolute best part of this mod is how it lets you pick all verticle or horizontal banners.  Of course I prefer the verticles, and now I can fill Calradia with them!  Thanks so much.

MarkQuinn said:
Yellow, I'm so happy you made a 1.010/1.011 version of this.  My days of retexturing banners is over (especially since the tableau system makes it hard on you if you change banner colors).  But to me, the absolute best part of this mod is how it lets you pick all verticle or horizontal banners.  Of course I prefer the verticles, and now I can fill Calradia with them!  Thanks so much.

Yeah, Tale Worlds have redone all of their banners for the final version and they've done an excellent job standardizing all of them.  (They weren't standardized so well back in 0.903 when this pack was originally made.)

As MarkQuinn mentioned, the main advantage of this pack now is pretty much just to switch to all vertical flags (with no v-cuts) or all horizontal flags (with no v-cuts).  It also gives you more control when using horizontal flags.

This may not be as useful as it once was, but hopefully it is still helpful for people.  Thanks for the positive feedback.

Hi, I tried implementing this and got an RGL error: get object failed for bo_banner_pole. I imported the banner_pole mesh from banners.brf into std_banners.brf, tried starting the game again, but still got the same error.  What am I missing?

dariel said:
Hi, I tried implementing this and got an RGL error: get object failed for bo_banner_pole. I imported the banner_pole mesh from banners.brf into std_banners.brf, tried starting the game again, but still got the same error.  What am I missing?

Did you include std_banners_default.brf in your resource directory and place "load_module_resource = std_banners_default"  in your module.ini file?

Yes, I did, and got that error.  I found a workaround, though - I copied the original banners.brf file into my mod, manually deleted the banners I wanted to use (only used banners a to c) and imported from std_banners.  Thanks for making this, I love how the banners look now!

Hmm...that is strange, but at least it is working for you now.

Just so you know bo_banner_pole is a different model than banner_pole.  Anything with a bo_ in front of it is a collision mesh, and it lives under the "Col" tab in BRFEdit.  So it may have been that you just needed to import the correct mesh.  I'm not sure though.

Glad you enjoy the banner pack :smile:

yellowmosquito said:
Hmm...that is strange, but at least it is working for you now.

Just so you know bo_banner_pole is a different model than banner_pole.  Anything with a bo_ in front of it is a collision mesh, and it lives under the "Col" tab in BRFEdit.  So it may have been that you just needed to import the correct mesh.  I'm not sure though.

Glad you enjoy the banner pack :smile:

So that's why I couldn't find the mesh! Let me try this again ... the proper way :smile:

Why couldn't Taleworlds just make it a default feature of the game? This shouldn't be this difficult! And who wouldn't love to use their own banner in the game?

Well, this pack is much more useful in Warband because the devs made changes to the textures, and they are even less standardized than before.  Texture sheets are no longer the same size, and many of the models have visible errors.  Anyway, I hope this pack helps some people regain control over their flags, banners, and heraldry!

MarkQuinn has made his fantastic Better Banners resource available for your use as well.  This was developed to work with the banner and flag standardization pack.  Here is a preview of the banners you can have in your game!

bannersq.jpg

Hey Mosquito.

Just downloaded the pack from the link you provided but the filed is simply named "M" and I don't have the required program to open it. Is this normal? D:

Thanks in advance

:EDIT: Nevermind! Just me being an oaf. Sorry buddy.

MacAttack said:
Hey Mosquito.

Just downloaded the pack from the link you provided but the filed is simply named "M" and I don't have the required program to open it. Is this normal? D:

Thanks in advance

:EDIT: Nevermind! Just me being an oaf. Sorry buddy.

This appears to be an issue with the M&B repository or possibly the way I uploaded the file.  I'll take a look at fixing the naming issue tonight.  In the meantime, You may need to rename the file and give it a .rar extension.

EDIT: Fixed.  The M&B Repository was tripping over the '&' character in the file name. 

Back
Top Bottom