Native Completed Gladiator Games (In-between Seasons)

Users who are viewing this thread

WinniedaPooh

Sergeant
ip5K6Pwlg

Hosted By: Clutch Gaming

TOURNEY DESCRIPTION:

Gladiator Games is a Deathmatch Tournament where fighters are thrown into a arena and are given a random class & Weapon based off fixed pools of two pre-selected factions. There will be two match held a week on pre-determined days at pre-determined times. Each match will be a total of 3 rounds each round will be 10 mins of onslaught in a fixed map. The tournament shall be a 4 week tournament with a total of 8 matches held during the tournament. This tournament will be doing a ladder score system and points (Fame) shall be awarded at the end of each round. There are currently no award for this tournament and is mainly something fun that is new for the community.

SCORING:
Points shall be given to the top 10 players with the highest amount of kills at the end of each round shall be awarded Fame for showing their skills in the arena. like shown below

1st: 50 Fame
2nd: 45 Fame
3rd: 40 Fame
4th: 35 Fame
5th: 30 Fame
6th: 25 Fame
7th: 20 Fame
8th: 15 Fame
9th: 10 Fame
10th: 5 Fame

Tourney currently in between seasons

I'm surprised you guys came up with a unuiqe idea for a tournament with warband being so old, nice job! Deff could be a big thing now, and in the future once it gets refined through the trial and error phase.

I can already see how terribly disappointing this will be. The person that gets the big weapon by chance will win because he will just spawn kill everyone with a single hit that they can't block.  :facepalm:  DM is a terrible game mode for a serious tournament unless you can provide a mod with better spawns.

Only other way I can see this being fairly competitive is if you make the rounds a 1 life thing, and have everyone get their random weapon and have them wait at a corner of the map and have a countdown before they start fighting.

Playing with DM spawns is more a test of luck than skill.

valent69 said:
I can already see how terribly disappointing this will be. The person that gets the big weapon by chance will win because he will just spawn kill everyone with a single hit that they can't block.  :facepalm:  DM is a terrible game mode for a serious tournament unless you can provide a mod with better spawns.

Only other way I can see this being fairly competitive is if you make the rounds a 1 life thing, and have everyone get their random weapon and have them wait at a corner of the map and have a countdown before they start fighting.

Thank you for your feedback.

to begin with. to start each round people will start off seperated from each other. also one thing that i didnt really point out because I wasnt sure to do it or not, but im probably going to take out "big" weapons from the weapons pools anyways. and plus even if I dont there will still be factors to where big weapons wont be to a use. for example not everyone is going to be infranty or be limited to melee there will be few cav and archers. that will mostly aim to take out the big guys because they will be getting most of the kills. Plus there shall be people that will recieve sheilds to use so thats a another advantage over the Big weapons (if the players are smart).

With the spawning issue though, I have also kept this out of the post but to advoid clusters depending how many Sign up, there might be divisons that will be added but it all depends on how things go.

WinniedaPooh said:
valent69 said:

to begin with. to start each round people will start off seperated from each other. also one thing that i didnt really point out because I wasnt sure to do it or not, but im probably going to take out "big" weapons from the weapons pools anyways. and plus even if I dont there will still be factors to where big weapons wont be to a use. for example not everyone is going to be infranty or be limited to melee there will be few cav and archers. that will mostly aim to take out the big guys because they will be getting most of the kills. Plus there shall be people that will recieve sheilds to use so thats a another advantage over the Big weapons (if the players are smart).

With the spawning issue though, I have also kept this out of the post but to advoid clusters depending how many Sign up, there might be divisons that will be added but it all depends on how things go.

That doesn't solve the problem though. You can add classes, add shields, keep them separated in the beginning, whatever... the main problem would still be the terrible spawns... I would know... I've been playing on DM servers ever since POM started getting attacked, and even with only 3-5 people in the server, we are still spawning on top of each other, so even your idea of diving participants into smaller groups isn't really going to solve the problem.

Even a one handed weapon is capable of one hit killing, and upon spawning, you can't block, so if someone is waiting behind a spawn point waiting... he's going to kill you and there's nothing you can do about it.  Which is why I am saying, if your goal is a fair competitive experience for your participants... you are going to need to make a mod that fixes these types of spawns for DM OR change around the format a bit, like keeping people separated before anyone starts fighting and making a one life rule for each round.

I suppose you could ask everyone to not spawnkill and hope for them to follow the rule... but how exactly would you keep watch on everyone and enforce it?

But this is only important if your goal is to create a serious competitive tournament with this idea. If the only goal is to have it for some quick funzies, then it doesn't really matter, it would be acceptable as it already is.

valent69 said:
WinniedaPooh said:
valent69 said:

That doesn't solve the problem though. You can add classes, add shields, keep them separated in the beginning, whatever... the main problem would still be the terrible spawns... I would know... I've been playing on DM servers ever since POM started getting attacked, and even with only 3-5 people in the server, we are still spawning on top of each other, so even your idea of diving participants into smaller groups isn't really going to solve the problem.

Even a one handed weapon is capable of one hit killing, and upon spawning, you can't block, so if someone is waiting behind a spawn point waiting... he's going to kill you and there's nothing you can do about it.  Which is why I am saying, if your goal is a fair competitive experience for your participants... you are going to need to make a mod that fixes these types of spawns for DM OR change around the format a bit, like keeping people separated before anyone starts fighting and making a one life rule for each round.

I suppose you could ask everyone to not spawnkill and hope for them to follow the rule... but how exactly would you keep watch on everyone and enforce it?

But this is only important if your goal is to create a serious competitive tournament with this idea. If the only goal is to have it for some quick funzies, then it doesn't really matter, it would be acceptable as it already is.

All in all this is just the testing part of it, Would like to see how it goes and if changes needs to be done then changes will be done.

Major Changes Done to the tournament
- slightly modified rules
- Fixed spelling and grammar (Hopefully all of it)
- No longer a DM Tourney
- Multiple Events added to Tourney to make it more interesting.

So after reading the weapons pool, do archers not get bows? And do horsemen get horses? Just a bit lost here.

Back
Top Bottom