Any news on mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

The same news as the last time you asked froggy... you really had to start a new thread for this?

Nothing will be happening at least till the Autumn. When Compy is able to get his new system.

Lib is compy looking at the witcher games at all? some very nice weapon and armour designs that might inspire him/her for the next mod and roll on auttum hope we can go on quests and stuff for rare gear :smile:

He has played 1 and 2(I think), I could never really get into 1(and therefore never got on to 2).

We have a lot of ideas for when it comes round to updating the factions and gear(and graphics, etc. in general), but we are a long way from that sort of thing right now.

First thing is still rebuilding all of the core mechanics, to make them much better and more 'realistic' giving more substance to NPCs, town development, economics, etc.

M&B just sort of fudges all these underlying concepts and say if a lord needs some money, the game gives him some money, needs troops, gets troops.

Compy's first steps that he has been building up to is making this stuff connect with what is actually going on in game, rather than just injecting numbers at the point they are 'needed' by the AI.

Obviously this is not a small task, and (aside from hardware go boom issues) why it has taken so long to make progress. Each of these things has to be completed together, otherwise the house of cards falls down.

All fair points well made I hope I can recruit an army of vanilla (original) mercenaries from villages as hired blades backed by merc sharpshooters and sword sisters allowed me to compete with any army to a fair degree oh yeah a minor thing you might want to nerf the swadian sharpshooter a touch as when me and my house mate compared him alongside a swadian sergent the sharpshooter on average performed better in battle than the sergent

Yeah all of the factions have an intended revamp/rework/rebalance, etc.

When the time comes, I will ty to remember this comment and try to get the sergeant kicking the sharpshooters butt, unless of course he gets an arrow through his eye socket first..

It was really odd lol when we viewed there equipment and stats they were even we felt also one thing we found odd was a sharp shooter wearing heavy armour with a large shield and good main hand weapon... always felt they should be wearing studded leather or something a short sword and small shield, oh yeah don't suppose you can make rhodok spearmen actually worth a damn? as the ammount of times my chosen ones hacked down there shield walls was on the wrong side of hilarious

Yeah, our intentions with the Swadians is to bring down the quality of their infantry a bit (more so at the bottom end than the top, but still a bit) and the Rhodoks I felt were long over due for a major upgrade. If we follow through with the plans I put forward for them, they will become the Premier shield wall fighters of the Panovosan continent, something like a greek phalanx, but modernised to a more medieval level.
With the wealth of Rhodok, we will hopefully be seeing them clad far more in high grade steel instead of flimsy wood!

Our Lore goes that they have arguably the greatest amount of wealth, plus a great deal of experience from decades (if not centuries) of armouring their once Swadian Overlords. Now long free they have abandoned their old 'peasant revolution' ways, and set themselves to the task of making a military force that would never be conquered again!

Thank you finally the rhodoks will be worth using beyond there crossbow men I'll list below a few of my ideas for the factions I can recall off top of my head my head is currently full of wither 3 stuff and rome total war one units lol:

Nord:
possibly make it easier to get huscarls they take a LONG time to reach full upgrade from veteran I was getting antarian zealots faster than these guys...
Nord archers um leave them as they are seriously I had an army of these guys around 200 picked up around Ragnars city as prisioners rescued beat and shot the **** out of most armies, maybe add a half decent cavalry unit to there tree, as come on the danes in the real world adapted to europes knights.

Swadians:
These guys imo only really need the change you said above

Khergit:
Simple make them worth using out of the saddle it was embarrassing the ease I wiped them out in terms of city fights 200 antarian chosen ones (took bloody ages to get that many lol) and I went from every castle and town the owned and took it with ease they need a big buff in terms of armour as the dish out the damage like no tomorrow but once its time to get close bloody and brutal they lose badly.

Vaegir:
This has to be the best balanced army I've used in the game seriously foot troops good competition for the nords, archers make khergits look twice lol and the cavalry are a good counter to the swadian dominance as I noticed that vaegerian knights are great up close and personal were as the swadian knights are mainly built around crushing you on the first charge, but resist it you soon bring the sods down.

Mercenaries:
Crossbow men could do with just a touch more armour good at firing but die a bit to quick maybe give them light chain mail or something?

Hired blades, with these maybe add another upgrade level something along the lines of master blade/swordsman and a touch heavier armour in terms of hands and feet.

Mercanary cavlary with these I always felt it odd they couldn't become free knights/knight-errants or upgrade to one of the knight factions that were made for the game.

As for the other factions can only really comment on the antarians only thing I can think of is make the spear thrower perhaps maybe make them NOT throw there spears intothe bloody castle walls when were on siege defence -_-

When it come to Mercenaries, we will hopefully be recreating the mercenary guilds from the Original SoD, so the 'old mercs' of M&B will be less prevalent as there will most likely be a whole lot of mercs available.

The Nords have no plan for a cavalry regiment, originally there was (I think  merc guild) called the valkyries (Or something like that, that might have been a troop name) anyway these were placed as an 'inland' off shoot of the Nord clans, and had cavalry. We also had tlaks of the possibility of an 'anti-horse' unit for the Nords.

I always found fighting a siege against the antarians pretty terrifying, it was easy to clear them off the wall, but if their javelineers waited beneath the wall for you to climb over it, they could absolutely massacre your troops as you strung out in a nice long clump getting to the stairs down..

Personally I want to leave both out, until everything is redone and the dust settles, only adding in something more if it turns out that they are hopelessly over matched. The Nords are coastal raiders, horses take up lots of space, which means less warriors and less space for loot and prisoners, neither of which would appeal much to a Nord raider! :grin: However the times are a-changing for the Nords so they may find the 'old ways' being washed aside by th demands of a 'modernising age'.

I like the Vaegirs too, I always use a double-handed axe on horse back, so I like their cavalry for that fact. They will be rounded out more, with some low level 'sword and board' style infantry, but otherwise they will be much the same as they are now (Hopefully).

The Khergits as you say, just need something to help them in seige dynamics, which will likely just be some toughening of armour, we shall see with that.

Right now this is mostly just 'speculative/conceptual' from me giving each faction a style and doctrine of war that comes from a wider Lore overall, with the logic of their identity feeding into their logic of warfare, then hopefully watching how they all shake out against each other.
My Hope is that we will end up with a rock/paper/scissors/lizard/Spock outcome, where each army will triumph and fall in equal measures depending on who they are fighting, so that no faction will be dominant over everyone but each faction will be different in how they fight. 

The other thing that we hope to try and do, is change the basic mechanics so that you cannot have a whole elite unit army, as the AI never does, and pretty much the elite of anything will win out in a fight, so we will hopefully make the armies (and therefore the strengths and weaknesses) more balanced, again making it harder to be overwhelmingly dominant.

Awesome looking forward to it roll on auttum can't wait to see a few screen shots hehe hope the sword sisters are easier to get I have a soft spot for them found them really useful.

I have dreamed last nigth that the new ver was comming , is it something rigth in this dream , or
it was a silly dream ....?
(In this dream the things was huge update ... comming at the autumn when compy get its news system ).

Well it will be a huge update (More like a new game!) Compy will be starting back on it in the autumn (Hopefully)

When it will be ready is still an unknown.

Back
Top Bottom