2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

Anthropoid

Sergeant Knight at Arms
It is already turning out to be a good one, at least in the sense of being entertaining if not edifying and reassuring . . .

For example: Bernie Sanders running for president

In an interview with The Huffington Post last year, Sanders said that he wouldn't be dissuaded from entering the presidential race by the prospect of facing former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary.

"In terms of Hillary, I respect her. I've known her. I like her. So I'm not running to attack Hillary Clinton. I'm running to talk about the issues that impact the working class of this country and the middle class," he said last year.

Sanders, who has also characterized himself as "an independent Democrat," has expressed discomfort with the party, saying that it relies too heavily on "big-money interests" and doesn't adequately distinguish itself from the Republicans. But he has noted the "dilemma" of running for president outside the traditional two-party structure and the challenges of building an independent grassroots movement to do so.

. . . .

In the Senate, Sanders has focused on a range of issues, from reforming health care for veterans to addressing the threat posed by climate change. He has also been a strong advocate for a universal, single-payer health care plan nationwide, though the plan for such a system in his home state was recently dropped.

Deodorant doesn't kill people. It makes them hungry.

Now let's play "Name that Politician!"

Who said/wrote the following?:

"A man goes home and masturbates his typical fantasy, a woman on her knees.  A woman tied up.  A woman abused."
“A woman enjoys intercourse with her man–as she fantasizes about being raped by 3 men simultaneously.”

If you want to know the answer, click on the link below:
Answer

Let us all pray that this visionary man does receive his Democratic comrades nomination, so that we might all have a hope of being saved from our own darkness.

8hUTA.png

Haha, I didn't realize republicans were capable of being funny. (Assuming whoever made that vid is republican.)

Flin Flon said:
Haha, I didn't realize republicans were capable of being funny. (Assuming whoever made that vid is republican.)

Whatchu talkin' bout Republicans humorless!?!?

They got legions of clowns clammering to get up and make public fools of themselves!  :party:

Uhtred Dunkerch said:
Ruuuhn puuuhl 2012
You guys bash him all you want, but he's probably the only man who has been in the elections with a lick of consistency and character.

Freedom in social issues, freedom on economic issues.

You just go ahead and watch this. This is what your forefathers believed in. Paul is the only man I've seen on the ballot who still holds these principles.
"In this video, Bruce Evoy performs Henry's iconic "Give me liberty, or give me death!" speech. The speech was given to House of Burgesses on March 23, 1775 in favor of mobilizing an armed force against the encroaching British military."

#ClassicalLiberalism
#FreddomBoner

Yeah, but libertarians will never get voted in. I don't see why people even discuss candidates who aren't Red or Blue, it's literally theoretical to consider it.

I don't even really care between all the people being thrown out right now, as long as it's not ****ing Hillary.

Austupaio said:
Yeah, but libertarians will never get voted in. I don't see why people even discuss candidates who aren't Red or Blue, it's literally theoretical to consider it.

I don't even really care between all the people being thrown out right now, as long as it's not ****ing Hillary.
Hah. If people vote for a candidate, more people will vote for that candidate.
People see numbers grow, and they see someone they actually want.

This is how it works. He's only as popular as you make him, and your attitude and that same attitude in other people is the very thing keeping him out of office.

You are right about Hillary though. J.H. Christ does she hate freedom.

:lol: Just keep it casual, man.

@Rallix; people can vote for independents until the cows come home, until the electorate will play along, it won't make any difference. Actually probably more importantly, until the PACs play along, it won't any difference.

Rallix said:
Uhtred Dunkerch said:
Ruuuhn puuuhl 2012
You guys bash him all you want, but he's probably the only man who has been in the elections with a lick of consistency and character.

You just go ahead and watch this. This is what your forefathers believed in. Paul is the only man I've seen on the ballot who still holds these principles.
"In this video, Bruce Evoy performs Henry's iconic "Give me liberty, or give me death!" speech. The speech was given to House of Burgesses on March 23, 1775 in favor of mobilizing an armed force against the encroaching British military."

#ClassicalLiberalism
#FreddomBoner

Not even Fox will promote him, says something.

Magorian Aximand said:
Oh god, why did you post this thread? You'll summon maw and ealabor. Don't bring me back to those days. Please...
bdc.jpg
Austupaio said:
:lol: Just keep it casual, man.

@Rallix; people can vote for independents until the cows come home, until the electorate will play along, it won't make any difference. Actually probably more importantly, until the PACs play along, it won't any difference.
It has been allowed to degrade to this point. The politicians elect themselves. Needs to be fixed.
dc5.jpg
Kobrag said:
He falls out of the ideals both parties, and thus both intentionally spurn him for not towing the party line. He has principles, and they shun him for it. His son saw the consistency of his father's career, the failure. So he comes closer to the Republican centerline to make himself more palatable to them.

Kobrag said:
You're not seriously implying that's a bad thing are you? I'd think you'd be down for anyone who doesn't toe the GOP line.

Rallix said:
It has been allowed to degrade to this point. The politicians elect themselves. Needs to be fixed.
I know.

But it won't be.

Rallix said:
Uhtred Dunkerch said:
Ruuuhn puuuhl 2012

#ClassicalLiberalism
#FreddomBoner

Just one problem (technically, lots of problems, but I'll just focus on one) - Ron Paul isn't running. His retarded son Rand Paul is, though. Not sure if he has announced yet, though.

Mage246 said:
Just one problem (technically, lots of problems, but I'll just focus on one) - Ron Paul isn't running. His retarded son Rand Paul is, though. Not sure if he has announced yet, though.
Sorry, I meant to say "Paul is the only man I've seen on the ballot in the recent past who still holds these principles."

Why the **** would you post this thread so early. God I still have nightmares of last election's ****ing election commercials, and they are but portents of what's to come.

Why.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Why the **** would you post this thread so early. God I still have nightmares of last election's ****ing election commercials, and they are but portents of what's to come.

Why.

And that is why I hope Sweden will remain a constitutional monarchy, or decommission the monarchy and let the Prime minister be the head of state.

I'm hoping Rand Paul gets in as he's closest thing there is to a libertarian candidate that has a chance of winning.

Although I'm not even from America so I don't really care.

Back
Top Bottom