Dev log - what's cooking today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday 3 Aug 15:
  Added Mod List Info  sticky with info for automated mod list inclusion.
    Maybe its stuck I didn't see the list auto-update

Edited a seperate folder of source for Kaos Political Kit v1.5
    added help topics for Rigale and another for "stuck in town" to module_info_pages.py

EDIT: Tuesday 4 Aug 15
  KAOS kit hates having so many extra factions, or other races.  Races I can solve quickly but the added factions are blocking initializing.  I'll try limiting the number of factions long enough to wake up then increase until it breaks again...

11:33 AM  that did it, KAOS kit loads now.  There is a 27 second pause at game start on my superfast PC, that could be painful on a slow "normal" PC.  I'll assume all the new factions have significant overhead at start; game play seems smooth afterwards.
I have debugging on and KAOS set to off but KAOS menus etc all load.  I had estimated this kit to need a lot more time to be operational but it may still need some time to resolve factions for rebellion and display of territory.  I could I suppose disable these if too much time is burnt debugging / re-integrating. 

Some interesting bugs for dialogs, maybe need to clear the strings before using.  Starting as a Prince works; got a castle and no money to pay the troops in it, must adjust.  Mostly I'm happy, can disable the extra factions for now and then turn them on a few at a time once I have a stable baseline...

EDIT: 4 Aug Tues  end of day:
  Some edits to preserve gender across Elf and Dwarf races when choosing {King, Prince, Vassal} Kaos kit options  -- WORKS
  quite a bit of edits to preserve Phosphor character creation options and effects.  MOSTLY working
      some not yet done skills etc. for {priests, bravo, merc, king, prince, vassal} choices
      some choices hang and others work so more to do here.
          update 18:53 Tuesday 4 Aug 15:  some names are overwritten by dialog strings.  There certainly is something further to edit.
        found it - Kaos kit reverts Lords and Ladies setup to native; but I had heavily modified the setup to work with Perisno's 11 factions
rather than native 6.  I'll have to see what Kaos kit thought it was adding and merge that onto my original "initialize_aristocracy", then
delete entirely the Kaos kit script replacement.  I'd say that's a 2 hour job, no more.  DONE
Wed 5 Aug 15:
Needed another 3 hours to resolve a stubborn corruption of names of everyone except player.  FIXED

The rest of it seems to be working but I'll have to test heavily tomorrow. 

I might make a limited release v20r5 "KAOS" version that isn't savegame compatible with r4 (pretenders are moved), but I was hoping to add more features than just Kaos kit.

added a second sub-menu of reports to prevent losing "go back" menu option when cheat menu is enabled

Fruitn said:
Downloading v20 r4 to test out over the next few days or weeks. Depending on updates and free time.

Thanks.  I feel this release is the closest to "ready to play" of all the previous "technical previews";
I think this one is much cleaner, though of course I plan to add all sorts of stuff this month  :wink:

- GS

you working on magic feature, what kind a feature it is . I see bits of it are already in game like spirit of owl, wolf, bear and so on . How it come to work and influence phospher world?

zincra said:
you working on magic feature, what kind a feature it is . I see bits of it are already in game like spirit of owl, wolf, bear and so on . How it come to work and influence phospher world?

The Shaman stuff was from Rigale, an I simply have not taken the time to pull it out.
  The magic system I want has religion as part of the magic, and magic as part of the religion.
  Something similar in terms of spells available as OSP are in the Wheel of Time mods; those use Mirathei's Curtain of Fire code
which I've already integrated once as a Rigale test but its cleaner and less overpowered as done in Wheel of Time.  It's essentially
similar scripting though, technically.

Before Magic could be done I needed a system of magic resistances, stored outside the main stats and native defined skills,
so that was the purpose of the testing in Phosphor v20 r3 - to make sure the troop browser could be modified and working, to test
encumbrances and to see a difference between armors.  With Phosphor v20 r4 came a test of writing changes for all troops for encumbrances
(and writing to, then reading from, external variables stored in the game as save game information and in-memory "slots" which are storage places allocated for each troop type and every single hero class.  With that test done, I now have the toolset to write and retrieve changes from magic, and to first make
magic resistances different for each type of magic - fire, water, heat, cold, electricity, and pure evil.  The test of those comes shortly, for v20 r5.

SO although "Magic" is a goal, to do it well needs many layers to be installed, and tested separately -- tools to inspect every troop and character,
a template of a working set of scripts to inspect the gear used, to identify what that gear is in terms of type of armor and what its made of, is it metal, does it protect from cold, will fire damage it, and so on.  The same for your weapons -- I can treat a metal handle sword differently a wood handle spear.  If that isn't important, just put a paper clip in a light socket (or just don't) to see why metal versus wood versus heavy leather makes such a difference.  We're getting closer, but it's a technical crawl, not something for cutting & pasting (only).  Other open mods give ideas and examples of code to modify, but they actually don't work as simple cut and paste targets in most respects, at least not this time.

I don't think other mods actually thought the defense side through; they are heavy on bangs and booms but the details are fuzzy; I'm more interested in the bottom up than the top down.  When defense is clear and clean, then offense will be easier to put in.  AT the same time "magic" could be tested with nothing but heals, or small buffs and debuffs, which would be easier to trace if they wrote to some new slots in the data instead of changing main skills and stats.  Some of this was a problem for Rigale combat buffs, which have been in Phosphor since the beginning, and which I slipped into Perisno several months ago.
Those have not been getting much exercise, but they are a decent test of simple buffs and debuffs, somewhat like magic.  They just are not flashy.  I'd like to see nuns and priests pop off heals every so often; its much simpler code than fireballs, although fireballs have been coded since 2008.  It's 7 year old technology, in Mount & Blade terms.  I'm aware why Phantasy Calradia uses throwing weapons and Wheel of Time uses a crossbow effect for magic; I'm not precisely sure which schema is best for me, but I do know I'll have the magic resists implemented first because I can view those troop by troop and see that all the values are filled out correctly before making my first bang for players to look at. 

I wrote about magic in the folder where v20 is but it was a "concept" paper not code.  I wanted the concept so I could decide how to do resistances,
and then to decide what sorts of things should make magic stronger or weaker, then if I can mark on the map where stronger and weaker magic regions are located (which is somewhat of a Kaos political kit presentation at the moment).  Some scripts that are used for one purpose can be adapted to do other things, and I hope I think outside the box to find new ways to do things.  If everyone else cuts and pastes OSP, then one day I can still do something they didn't see coming, even from the same starting point in terms of code.  I don't want to do everything exactly like another mod -- I want the freedom to change it my way.
That's why I'm in a forum with no one over me, even if it's a pretty small traffic place like Rigale.  Rigale is a little strange but most of it is trying to be very real.  I appreciate that, and want to honor it just a bit more by "keeping it real" with it's next generation, which you see unfolding week by week.

Thanks for your time.

- GS

gsanders said:
As players could still change gear mid battle and mess with encumbrance, most missions have in-battle inventory access now disabled.  Exceptions are "entrenched encounter" and "lead charge ambushed". 

- GS

This, I rather heartily disagree with; as this is single-player, there's nothing to really gain from preventing people from cheating. This means that those of us who occasionally (or in the case of my elephant-riding crossbowmen, regularly) make use of the mid-battle inventory are losing a feature with no positive to be gained.

This is, of course, coming from the assumption that you made the decision based on exploits/cheating, and not because doing so might cause some instability or bugs. If that's the case, it's definitely a decision I can support.

Totentag said:
gsanders said:
As players could still change gear mid battle and mess with encumbrance, most missions have in-battle inventory access now disabled.  Exceptions are "entrenched encounter" and "lead charge ambushed". 

- GS

This, I rather heartily disagree with; as this is single-player, there's nothing to really gain from preventing people from cheating. This means that those of us who occasionally (or in the case of my elephant-riding crossbowmen, regularly) make use of the mid-battle inventory are losing a feature with no positive to be gained.

This is, of course, coming from the assumption that you made the decision based on exploits/cheating, and not because doing so might cause some instability or bugs. If that's the case, it's definitely a decision I can support.

It turns out my nerf isn't very effective yet, and although the in battle inventory button says it is disabled,
  the chest is still there (I have to next time prevent it from spawning, its a second adjustment) and if clicked on opens and inventory can be accessed, skipping the check on encumbrance calculations.  Thus someone who wore a light leather shirt and had 6 units (pounds or kilograms, I can't be sure) of weight before battle and thenis assigned an encumbrance bonus for being extra light despite being really weak, now puts on gothic plate  and a heavy shield, and is too weak to do more than stagger -- except encumbrance is fooled for now.
This needs a better trap - either no mid battle inventory access, or find a hook to interrupt changing inventory so that a new encumbrance check is made after exiting the inventory presentation.  It's extremely difficult to work with presentations...

This rev was meant to look for things players want or don't want - like inventory changes.  I'll see if I can hook the inventory change so I can redo encumbrance checking after each change of gear.

- GS

KAOS Political kit is fully integrated for Pho v20 r5.
  As Perisno has not 6 factions but 11, its not as simple a merge as would be expected;
    as more factions are added, code in Diplomacy 4.3 and also native begins to overwrite slots in memory, and turning
    on auto-rebellion and kingdom restores essentially first doubles then triples the number of factions, which causes much
    faster corruption in memory.

The other issue I see is a need for about 20 seconds longer after choosing to start a new character than I remember before -- and that might be a full minute on a slow PC.  Savegames load maybe 5 seconds slower; the performance penalty seems only on new character creation.  It's a little surprising -- there aren't so many new slots defined, but there are a number of shadow factions made for potential rebellions and I think these are getting a huge amount of time initializing.

I'll finish getting a baseline for stable game then modify the auto-revolt until it works or I clip it from the kit entirely...
Race issue:
  Elf & prince, Princess --> Fixed
  Dwarf & prince, princess  Fixed
  King & Elf race                open issue

--
  Changed: bows have lower "shoot_speed", by 20 units across the range. 
  Changed: module.ini settings to allow much greater protection versus arrows and bolts

Thanks to excellent bug reports I'll try to clean up some minor issues reported in the last month:
  Prisons put back in
    done, but testing shows if no enterprise, phantom false enterprise is attached to prison door
              if enterprise is purched, the correct enterprise is now attached to the door after you leave and re-enter city
              but no prison entrance :sad:

"difficulty" of items adjusted for all armors - DONE
      mainly this helps with some lords /quest characters appearing undressed for not having stats to use their gear due to aging.
      Some cuirboilli, lamellar, chain armor and accessories, some plate helms are lighter now.  DONE
      steel shields are 0.5 weight units lighter now and have 5-6 extra protection depending on final weight  DONE
      add difficulty rating(0) and lower weight of all cloth and silk category items  DONE

lower difficulty of all bows by 1, base damage by 25% for all bows in Items  DONE
      assign 1 less power draw for all archers/horse archers in Troops                  DONE
        checking now to see if any archers can't equip bows  IN PROGRESS

move quest and quick battle leaders past last kingdom lady & adjust pointers in module_constants.py  DONE
  fix for Marshall Ioloch to not have two troops types accompanying use "undead" skin,
      which isn't implemented at this time                                                            DONE

7 August 15:
  Testing shows some problems still:
  1) choosing to start as King, with Elf male the name is correct but it say of Kingdom Perisno
                                    Queen      Elf female    name is corrupt, string past ladies end
                                                      dialogs for female elf Queen show correct female gender
    Prince & Princess Elf, Human, Dwarf: correct
      Normal characters correct.  Vassal correct for male only
      Vassal: all vassals are getting fiefs from Tolrania ONLY

2)      relations with kingdom ladies all messed up: "Surrender or die, make your choice"
            FIXED: all variants working now

3) Winery Enterprise should be 8K not 10K cost to set up.  DONE
      Tannery            6500 instead of 7000  DONE
      Wool Weavery  4500                5000  DONE

4) King/Queen correctly gets no inheritance but some testing further on surviving first 2-3 pay cycles should be done.
        starting skills should be set to at least companion level in hunting guild for King, Queen should have cooking and gardening skills should implement race specific decision tree for further Rigale skills settings  DONE gave small increase to pay first week's wages.  Time still matters...

5) King/Queen starts out at peace with every nation -- needs further test to confirm.  this might allow trading to raise money, not a bad thing considering the huge debt the King/Queen starts with.  That too might be a blessing in disguise -- it "feels" accurate heh.

6) Probably needs a better hat and not a dagger for Queen; better hat for king.    Poor hats can wait, changed dagger to student's sword for Queen
      3-4 character backgrounds are missing Rigale skills    DONE
        the two premade "for testing" characters should have added:
          a submenu selection to set race    later
          a goto_menu call to dump the player directly to choose_skills so can assign face, name, balance of skills so to not surprise people  DONE
              when they must finish spending skill points and set face, save type, weapons skills, etc.
          description text suggesting these chars are optimized for testing Rigale crafting and harvesting.  DONE

7) Female dwarf inheritance "great armor and mount" gives dwarven scalemail    but on female dwarf this leaves a large clear gap so head floats;
      suggest switch armor or test sex before assigning  DONE

8.) game messages not displaying in bottom left corner.  Need to hook a 4 hour timer to blindly force messages to ON so that it recovers from whatever overflow problem was stopping it.        Made the hook, needs testing

### Progress is too slow, probably can't get this out today ###
Saturday 8 Aug 15  0905 Am
    Vassal choice completely working for  name, relations with kingdom ladies.
        still giving only tolranian fiefs.  Everyone is neutral or likes you slightly, except your liege, who thinks you're a great guy/gal and has 50-ish relation.
    You have little money and no followers.  Your kingdom has normal peace/war.

Prince / Princess no longer giving titles, BUT works otherwise. Name now stays normal.  Fief is correct kingdom.
    You're liked by everyone, have no followers except the garrison of your castle, for sure you have a castle and its garrison, which means day one you inherit a crushing debt.  Could be worse.  Your kingdom has normal peace/war.

King/Queen choice no longer giving titles, BUT Queen's name is no longer messed up.  It's exactly now like there wasn't Kaos kit, except you can playtest having a city and kingdom on day 1, with the city having a usual garrison, and you having a pretty large debt.  And no retainers.  Maybe 1 -3  people can't stand you, and everyone else is very neutral.  All in all it could be worse.  With the death of your parent liege, all kingdoms START at peace with you, which is good because you can only pay your garrison for about 3-4 weeks off your savings and frankly without an army you're going to have to suck up some of that garrison to hurry up and bash heads, I mean keep the peace.  Perhaps you should have been a salt merchant -- its not too late, really.

No Rigale skills, yet, for the above 3 choices, although that's a tomorrow morning job.  Compared to running in circles the last 2 days with broken titles, this is a much better start.  I'm a little tired of babysitting this mod (Kaos political kit); none of it would have been an issue if we didn't have several races and twice too many factions...  I do *NOT* have auto-rebel and auto-kingdom-restore working.  Auto-rebel is kindof nice, but needs more testing and adjustment.  |Tomorrow then...

Sunday 9 Aug 15:
  Need to review sprinting in Silverstag v26.4 now that source is available again.  Still no fatigue bar during sprint; this is perhaps fixed in latest Silverstag.

Tues 11 Aug 15:
  fixed vassal fief -- the correct fief is given, no longer stuck on Tolrania
  set_player_vassal_init  in  KAOSPolitical_scripts.py around line 1967    DONE

titles at start: completely replaced dynamic title system with small, simple, 1 time only title change.
  Finally working  16:30 Tues  DONE
  Player titles given 1 time only and don't change. 
    first option: replace father as King/Queen
      correctly knows player gender regardless of race, states replace father as Queen not King if you are female
      correctly sets faction name
    second option: return to your father  (Prince / Princess)
      works with all races and both genders
    third option: Vassal  ( Baron  / Baroness)
      works with all races and both genders

Companion titles, custom titles disabled.

finally - a picture of how it looks now
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEVkJsMklGektHUkU/view?usp=sharing

other screenshots from v20 r5
  https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4sh7GRykLgEfmg4cURZaGR5bmoteUNSa0hhWjhvYm5NVnYzZHJyazlNYkIxWkJpNi1oZWM&usp=sharing

EDIT:
  Wednesday and Thurday:  more grief over titles, finally decided the King and Queen titles work fine, noone will miss Prince and Princess, Baron and Baroness,
  so stopped wasting yet more days on them.  Over 1 week just on stupid double titles is enough for me. 

Did update Silverstag v26.0 combat utilities and various presentations related to them to v26.4 versions
    noticed sprinting etc apply to ALL agents not just heroes; only debugging is limited to display of heroes
    that is probably the slight performance hit seen in large battles
    still more to do with sprint to not be interfered by a rigale action tied to the same key, that is a Friday job...

adjusted help for guilds, credits to display more smoothly on screen
  lowered starting funds for kings, princes, and vassals.

Friday 14 Aug 15:
  adjusted game settings to default to enable the following Silverstag v26.4 combat enhancements:
    Enable Combat Sprinting
    Riders Damaged when unhorsed
    Enable Encumbrance penalties

turned on troop ratio bar,
      needed to support player fatigue bar showing when sprinting on foot
      sprint is  left Ctrl
      removed Rigale shield bash which also was mapped to Left Ctrl
      there remains a seperate Rigale sprint that has a seperate timer and seperate fatigue pool, this adjusts athletics and agi briefly

disabled Kaos political options choices for:
    Civil War
    Faction Restore
      a little messed up in the display but at least not showing the check box
      testing shows kingdom rename works

adjusted Perisno wait time multiplier to 5 instead of 8 so slower PCs can keep up
    it can still be adjusted in camp: game settings

Still don't have stamina bar working, most likely because troop ratio bar isn't up and it hooks onto that.
Might release v20 r5 full without it then, the other features work and its some progress over last week's build.

Monday 17 Aug 15
  New week, new goals:
  Tired of so many "faction" related errors bombing message display, decided after all this I'd rather debug integration later there are too many other tasks
    more important for now.  I'm happy to have different starts but the rest of the code is blowing up, probably from so many factions being introduced, regardless of changes  in module_constants to allow more slots for factions to store relations etc.  It really isn't how I wanted to waste the month of August.
Removed all of Kaos kit EXCEPT for starting as King/Prince/Vassal.

lowered starting monies for King, the town pays fairly well if King talks to chamberlain and sets taxes for the town to LOW
  if you replace either the Kaiser Otto IV or "Queen Arwen" as ruler the associated Princess is renamed to "Lady" instead of Princess. 
  She has all her other attributes but is now a ordinary seeming lord.

raised slightly prince starting money to compensate prince for high wage loss from castle vs income
    however second week castle pays back taxes so this helps

Vassal has some crafting and harvesting skills, some weak guild memberships, and tools
  Prince has weaker crafting skills, no gathering skills, weak guild memberships for crafting only, and tools
  King has weaker crafting skills like a Prince (but no ability to choose an inheritance that might boost those)
        no harvest skills except hunting, tools and a trade ledger

fixed some spelling and grammar in Kaos kit starting options, what pieces remain
  trimmed presentation for Kaos political options to exit immediately

in simple_triggers line 2149 "accumulate taxes" trimmed the base rents and multipliers as taxes were far too high from .75 Perisno changes
  renamed version number "Phosphor v20 r6" in presentations
  corrected some woodworker recipes listing wrong ingredients

tested 3 hours without faction errors
  game engine messages display cleanly
  released "v20 r6"
---

Tues 18 Aug 15
  Perisno .8 merge: 
    Compare Perisno .75 &&  Perisno .8 items list, 240 or so differences
    Compare Phosphor 20vr6 && difference list by hand 220 items
        many .8 items were already merged to Phosphor so probably closer to 40-60 new items

Wed:
  some writing about magic and religion, not really important yet but still trying to clarify for myself what the boundaries are for "authentic" magic,
  (which every idiot knows doesnt exist, right?)

also noticed this code snippet (thanks!)
  useful for cavalry that should not spawn with lances at seiges
  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128605.msg3197289.html#msg3197289

EDIT  Fri 21 Aug 15:
  need to remind myself when a troop dodges the player's swing, the gender of the troop reported is the PLAYER's gender, so there needs to be an additional test at that instant on the troop-agent before reporting "{reg4?she:he} dodged the swing"    DONE

added combat hampering from Silverstag 26 build 237 - less special abilities  DONE
    support for poison
    faster crossbow reloading based on agi        5/2 % per point above 8 (not 2% per point above 10)
  damaged troops become less accurate, move slower

bumped back taxes a little higher after testing, but still less than Perisno .75 has it
  adjusted upwards the chance of a guild spawning in each town from (1 in 3) to (1 in 2), (and the 10 capital towns  from (1 in 2) to (3 of 4))
  balance adjustments:
      troop gear should make sense in terms of weight

Note to self:  Fancy damage systems
        http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,152057.0.html
                    martial Arts
        http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,152057.75.html

Undead
      http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,166831.0.html
        and next
      http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62094.30.html

New week, new focus:
  new races: skeletons, undead, (and Soon(TM)) drow, orc, goblin (in that order)
      drow would be useful for spirit world;
      for the moment skeletons are female/undead male;
      for the moment goblins are female / orcs are male.    drow/orc/goblin from Elven Path OSP
          this is because warband engine supports limited number of "races"

which needed more resources changed
    so put together resources with all changes from 75,
      added Perisno 751 2nd build resources
      put the Leuven "fix" to simply undo Perisno .8 Leuven change
      "unholy" troops accompanying Ioloch are undead again
      added zombies and skeletons to Ioloch's army so can test by cheat: perisno developer cheats: unique spawns: Ioloch
        screenies:
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEdTFUN2NNTnNscHc/view?usp=sharing      zombies_test_01
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEX3VJa2JmMTc4SlE/view?usp=sharing        zombies_test_02
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEMjFJSDNyaW9QY1U/view?usp=sharing      skeletons_test
                minimap shows the enemy archers in still in formation by the way

added Elven Path resources and textures
          still need to add items and make useful troops
            simple test of 4 'flavors' of new races for troops (no consideration, yet, as players): Orc/Goblin, Male/Female Drow
              Orc/Goblin seem to be incomplete still, commented and now just the Drow test:
                  (in simple gear just to see if the model crashes, not the final gear at all!)
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEU0xSS19SSHo1b2c/view?usp=sharing    Drow Male test 01
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEM2dpcVV4RHhib3M/view?usp=sharing    Drow Female test 01

I need to edit their gear to remove the face mask. 
      The first face looked very orc-ish with huge teeth and not at all human; this looks much better.
        I should attempt to re-create that face and just recolor for a good Orc.  The orc that comes with EP just crashes...

--- Not started yet:
  I have the last build of SoD to study
    thanks for that!

I want to cook up something with magic now
    although that means finishing the magic resist code that goes alongside encumbrance checking
    Tip of the hat to Sky Warden for clarifying (or at least asking the question that made me research to see if *I* could find a clear answer)
      regarding "Is Wheel of Time The Gathering Storm" open source or not - considering the source has been posted for some time.
      The answer seems to be the poster put the source but then asked anyone that wanted to use the source to first ask permission,
      then dropped out of the forums a year ago with no word since.

This implies the weaves code and icons, the presentation to select the weaves, and probably the transporter map icons and transplacement code may as well not be looked at so that I am forced to make my own flavors, based off of something with clear rights (which I feel is Mirathei's Curtain of Fire).
        As in Phantasy Calradia this implies picking something that can do a ranged attack as either a throwing (Phantasy Calradia style) or staff with ranged damage (Curtain of Fire) or even wand with crossbow/pistol damage and using Xenoargh's Blood & Steel observations that    ti_on_agent_damage
or  ti_on_missile_hit  allow intercept of Warband engine's hard-coded damage handling - and are in fact the ONLY way to slip magic, martial arts, etc into Warband as it stands now.  Pity but I'll still make an October Halloween edition time frame, even if I slip on a "back to school" deadline.  Thanks that I don't have school anymore, except coding as a super-hobby...

and, next week I'm off to the sea again, by demand of wife and daughter (and nothing at all gets done then).

Notes to self:
    original Troop Ratio Bar
  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,53062.msg1368604.html#msg1368604
      which now is working, but flickers along with battle mini-map

Remove bloodstains from skeleton in skins.py
  put in some lightning javelins, limit ammo to 3 for drow warriors
  put in some fireballs limit ammo to 6 for drow leaders
      use Mirathei code for above
  add poison to drow crossbow females and activate the Silverstag poison effect to see if troops are hampered
  dont forget to grab new loading screen
  send zip of work image to google drive, need both PCs in synch.  Save & exit screen at home is Rigale
  look for Elven Path background mesh and consider making something else; even "Dev Blog" from Mich
  may as well add some items and troops from Curtain of Fire/Rigale test but tone down magic strength and find red errors

Tues 25 Aug 15
  (Although I have plenty to do in "notes for self" from yesterday),
    took a look at items / troops for Perisno, the main factions, pilgrims and nuns/refugees
        pretty much all of them needed some adjusting to get the gear weight down or to make sense for the purpose or region of the troop.
        looked at items and reduced slightly the damage from blunt
        increased lance damage
        adjusted module.ini settings so that infantry can actually hurt other infantry
        gave light shields to messengers
        removed two hand weapons where troops were carrying steel shields
        adjusted composite and long bow damge up very slightly (10%), but not for exotic bows which are already strong
        removed daggers from trash troops
        IN PROCESS
              Perisno, Tolrania, Drachen  DONE
                second pass through above found more to correct, done, but didnt process any more factions today...

adjusted damage upwards for 1 hand and 2 hand Polearms: pikes, long axes, spears, halberds, naginata, etc.
          more adjustments for staves and hammers
          steel shield 1/2 kilogram lighter

---- to do:
        add 7% ranged damage per point of tactical skill to crossbow users,
              4% per point of tactical skill for archers

look at flickering troop ratio bar/battle mini map.  Perhaps reduce updates from 1/10th second to 1/5th second, which may help lag (slightly) also.
        skeleton blood fountain isnt needed

consider putting undead bands to replace unburied battlefields when they are auto-removed in simple_triggers
              auto-remove should be 71 not 47 hours  (but not a multiple of 24 hours for harmonic wave issues in terms of scheduled activity making lag)
              implies changing battlefield to allow burying dead, loot dead, rescue/engage stragglers

magic resist table by type of armor and weighting for coverage of that slot needs doing
            which is the main reason to put a few Curtain of Fire type weapons_with_attacks with NPC lords that won't give up gear as companions or troops
            just to be able to watch lightning, heat, cold, acid, pure magic energy (which probably looks like divine damage)

random heals from agents of that class.  May as well see them good for something.

For my later info:  suggestions for marriage consequences
  https://www.assembla.com/spaces/windyplains/tickets/471#/activity/ticket

Wed 26 Aug 15:
  by the way these Dev log entries are needed to figure out the exact timing of changelog items, and what changed

wasted the day so far building a "Spirit of 76" perisno build, with *most* of Phosphor removed, adding only these changes:
    formations AI from motomaru without the potential remap of F1 key

second tree viewer from Silverstag

encumbrance check from Phosphor and encumbrance adjustments to troops from Phosphor
        minor encumbrance changes for heroes checked before every battle (specifically temporary riding speed adjust and dodge adjust from encumbrance)
        encumbrance matters in that weight of your gear in the 4 armor slots and 4 weapon slots is compared to your strength;
        you get bonuses for keeping it under your strength, an extra bonus if the total is not over 60% of your strength, and a series of minus values
          as it goes from 1.5 to 2.0 to 2.5 to 3.0 to 3.5 times your strength.  These affect:
            {Athletics (and thus dodge), Riding, Horse Archery, Power Draw, Shield}

smoke meat available from camp: actions: menu IF you have a raw meat that qualifies
      which is useful since more things go rotten

all of Phosphor mission triggers code (thus Rigale combat extensions, some of Silverstag's combat enhancements, troop ratio bar)
        including changes in speed as troops are damaged, a self heal buff once per minute, a rally & area effect heal for your side useful in seiges,
        whistle for a horse, crossbows reload slightly faster when agi is > 8, tactics skill increases ranged damage (the effect is 2x more with crossbows),
        slightly different shield breakthrough handling, display of encumbrance in inventory window IF the correct template stored in textures is present in folder,

enough intitialization of global variables to break any savegame from .75 and coincidentally to satisfy pieces of Silverstag
        including making space in constants.py for up to 29 factions (+1 player) so diplomacy does not corrupt mid game 'slots' based variables

Items and troops from Phosphor (except Rigale crafting, Rigale troops, Drow/Undead/Skeletons, or Perisno .8 Giants)
        including edits for troop skills, lowered damage from bows, adjustments to armor stats, adjustments to weapons damage,
        adjustments to how module.ini handles armor by type of damage, lowering of horse charge damage, lower horse base armor,
        items and weapons are sorted into a number of different categories to please my generic enough scripts

Dialogs - removing the restriction to have a companion or spouse be minister before can assign fiefs or change culture
    Simple Triggers - Taxes lowered
                              rent buff changed from (6*prosperity) + 200  per acre      to      (5*prosperity)/2 + 85 per acre

edited all chest armors in {Leather section (including cuirboilli), silk, and fur}
    crimson greatsword flagged as 1 hand/2 hand bastard sword class, but longsword flagged as 2 hand only.  Swapped those!

Troops readjusted: Drahara, Maccavia, Elvarie, Hakkon, Falcon, Valahir, Kaikoth, Zann
        looks like Maccavia and Valahir troops would benefit from "skirmish mode" orders (F7)

did not get to minor factions today.
    more importantly, the chain/scale/plate armors are fairly crazy and need organizing better.

EDIT  Friday:    finished "spirit of 76", its now moved to testers.
          The troops and items balance adjusts will be part of Phosphor v21 ETA roughly 15th-22nd September

Michadr reported an issue with the tigers and together we traced it to a change in Perisno_Mounts.brf dated in January 2015; the Christmas version was clean, but since then 13 other mounts are added to the brf  so the resources need to be remade.  This caused lines to appear from the moving tigers.
The workaround for now is to stop handing out so many tigers to Ukundu and give them legion hunters  instead.  Long term the Perisno team will rebuild the resource file.

zincra said:
Any progress? its while you informed us progress

I've been away 9 days at the Black Sea and return today covered in bites from bed bugs.  This has me a little sick as well.
I reviewed the dev chat for Perisno for the last 9 days, and made a fresh build for Perisno .76 "spirit of 76" rev 2
this should allow release of a working Perisno .76 in around 3 days, but you know 1 day of my time is like a month of the other devs,
so I can be ready at MY end and it can wait and wait and wait.

_All_ of the new changes for .76 will be folded into Phosphor this week:
    currently adjusted rev2 to correct a few troops still with invalid weapons (2 hand + shield) that either got merged back in the last 9 days or were not stored correctly when I left work Friday 28 August.  Also adjusting 140 troops not previously inspected

Kludged a way to inspect the last 140 minor faction troops but it was by stepping on Valahir, Kaikoth and Zann to see 3 more sets of "bandits",
made a third troop viewer menu entry to call the overflow bandits in a second instance of the modified tree viewer.  Now we can at least see as devs
all the troops we defined, to be sure they have right stats, encumbrance, skills, gear, and levels.  Also weapons that have restrictions are easier to find.
It will be useful as more troops are added (such as Jin - which may be drow model, Giants and so on)...

Tues 8 Sept 15:
  did some short testing of Perisno .76 and now merging the items and troops changes back into Phosphor v20 r7. 

From Perisno .76 it was clear some of the troops changes messed up the constants used to control early game initialization and some of the diplomacy checks.
From this I need to urgently update Phosphor v20 r6, which has been sitting around a whole month without an update.  So I'll sprint through that now.
v20 r7 earlier had the more skins added to support dark elves, undead, and more items, as well as art work and scenes from Elven Path.  I also was looking for
new scenes, beyond the new artwork from Perisno .76                DONE testing now
  updated the two troop tree viewers in reference menu              DONE
      last night's two viewers inadvertently had the same settings (to view minor factions only)

Wed: 9 Sept 15:
  cleaned up 15 GB on my SSD, was out of space and didnt want to buy a bigger one.  This one is faster than usual and thus more costly already.
  studied TGS source in more detail to see what really drives the magic and portals.  I'm fairly convinced a portion of this influenced Phantasy Calradia
      but in any case it's more of a stepping stone than a destination.  Damned shame the author just dropped out with no forwarding address, after declaring
      his source "restricted" but putting it up for every other author to secretly use.  I'd rather he licensed it for non-commercial use @ $500 USD a mod or    somesuch.

put the Perisno logo watermark back over Elven Path watermark at  warrider_logo.dds
    need to have a Phosphor logo made to fit exactly over this for branding, "someday"

left the Elven path main menu just to look different from Perisno for branding purposes, so Perisno doesnt get support questions 
    found and copied original Perisno menu, made duplicates renamed to Perisno and Elven Path endings  (main_menu_nord.dds)

Perisno v76 items and troops changes merged yesterday with updates for larger troop list in Phosphor v20 series
    tree2_presentations:
        one new list of another 50 troops needs adding to minor factions tree2 viewer      DONE

Items:
      approx. 100 new items still need sorting from EP  IN PROGRESS
      mark drow items as    fac_kingdom10    so they only appear in dwarf lands, foreshadowing Drow city not far from there in future and trade
                                                                  from it with some dwarf miners                DONE
      elf items for  fac_kingdom5  to prevent them from appearing at random outside redwood lands    DONE
      rings, new tools etc: flag unique to not show up for sale at merchants until item properties OSP is added    DONE

Game_menus:
      need to add a  cheat_menu status requirement to show option in camp menu to start a settlement, as settlement is unfinished

-------  postponed until after v20 r7
and time permitting after that I will continue with the following changes for v21:
  Magic resistance script
  simple heals from NPCs
  simple item based magic just to test the resists
  female vassals for Drahara and Redwood factions at the point where males are offered to become vassals

"Air" religion introduced for Drahara
      vegetarian and non killing bonus
      doing good deeds for 14 days has a 33% chance to boost air skill by 1, to a limit of 6.  Draharans start with 1 and others 0
      at 3 the player can fly during battle using the death cam mechanic (but theyre not dead yet)
      this is based loosely on Buddhism

probably won't have time:
  "Fire" religion  for Hakkon
      based loosely on Islam
      needs a race of Jin

certainly will add Drow, undead and skeletons
  undead at battlegrounds that go "stale" with no one to bury the dead within 3 days
  - GS

Thursday 10 Sept 2015
  decided to do something unexpected:
spoilered for the TL:grin:R crowd.  Don't bother to open if thats you, since I could care less if you read it or not
  merged the new kingdom factions, map, Giant skin, script initialization assigning giant lands and faction setups:
      items    had 100 to move around, now it's 180
              OPEN
              also had wanted items from Curtain of Fire
                      need to load magic.brf (only) from CoF in module.ini
                      to support CoF items
                Giant items should have much increased weight to be undesireable for companions and player to wear
                      which implies putting more teeth into heroes encumbrance

factions  MERGED
          constants updated to new factions for tree2
          so many factions would have stressed diplomacy earlier, this should be solved already with Phosphor's updated slots useage

troops                MERGED
            tree2_presentations updated to support the now 16 factions instead of 11
              minor factions display tuned to 6 sections this morning before merging in .8
              this allows all of the troops to be displayed, which allows support for special troops such as wizards monsters etc for special tests later

party templates  MERGED

skins -  DONE  but needs checking in game
          with Giant male, Giant female,  Undead (male), Skeleton (female), Drow male, Drow Female skins

Resources and Textures:  MERGED previously  (one reason to bother to turn on Robin's .8 troops and items

scripts - DONE
          did all the initialization merge, still looking for anything else added by Robin
          14:15 at line 20000 will break for lunch now
          finished 17:34  got Robin's tournament changes for giants

parties  (towns and villages)  - DONE
      map                                        DONE
      strings                                    DONE
      constants                                DONE
      music                                      DONE
      sounds                                    DONE
      quests                                    DONE
      animations      NO CHANGE
      meshes                                  DONE  5 banners changed by .8
      presentations                          DONE  commented out Windyplains linkage of Mini Map to troop ratio bar, maybe that resolves the double mini map issue
      dialogs                                    DONE
      game_menus      not done

I will not be merging Robin's start, its a can of worms for me right now and messes with my Kaos starts as well. 
    I agree in concept Pho is far too easy to start and skips several game weeks of painful grinding with rather generous starting options --
this is because Phosphor, as an "ever alpha" concept is constantly restarting savegames so it shouldn't be heavy to get a character going and launch to
mid level quickly.  Thus I disagree with the "lets make em all start naked and with a club and tunic for items, and a negative inheritance".
No, not today.  This also lets me not have to write 7 new starting dialogs and all this stuff a person 1/3rd my age and all summer long with no school should have finished for me.  At least he isnt choking and gasping after a coca cola.

I'll put a v21 r0 asap.
    It won't have magic fully set up, just some quick stubs to add onto later.
      in theory, my main issue with Curtain of Fire etc is they all do the traditional 3 types of damage (pierce, blunt, cutting) handled by warband engine
but I REALLY want to handle magic resistance OUTSIDE the warband engine, so that implies a lot more work for rev 1/2/3 etc.  In the meantime I may as
well test the extra factions and hey why not put this troop viewer I put some effort into tuning for Perisno into tuning for Phosphor right away.

Merging in all these items, troops, and factions (and resource overhead) gives the art people a reason to actually make art, as I was invisible all this time to them (no fame in doing me a favor).  Fine.  It also gives me more diversity to work with.

.8 had issues with giant stuff being unsuitable for normal people, and that code isnt implemented.
  .8 had some diplomacy issues I'll fix as soon as I can find them -- many of them should be already put to rest by changes in slots assignment.
      there may be other issues I haven't thought of, so the next rev will be even less stable.  May as well reward those 2-5 players that actually try things.

I realize that Perisno has > 100K players and Phosphor < 0.020K, but it's the thought that counts.

Friday 11 Sept 2015:
  got a Phosphor logo in DDS format.  I've learned a little more about the process, now I need one with a clear background  heh
  Michadr pointed me in the correct direction: use GIMP with a DDS plugin to make one
      did so, now it has a transparent background, played with colors.  The result is too big but I can fix it next rev; it works for now, as a placeholder
          secret to shrinking the logo when over a transparent background is to place some periods or other small items at corners of the 1024x256 space
          then this whole image is auto-sized and placed over a box reserved for mod name.  Otherwise the logo, no matter how small, is resized and entirely
          fills the box, which is quite large...  wasted nearly an hour with this, ended up deciding its a "next time" issue, at least I have gimp etc now..

recovered the last build I made for Phosphor v20 r7  so I won't need to re-create that in source if I have to abandon v21 r0 for a weekend publish date...

First compiles at lunch time:
  Troops:
      need to add kingdom lords and ladies then update initialize_aristocracy script  IN PROGRESS
          did kings
                ladies
            on  lords  NOW
            then have to adjust initialize_aristocracy branches and counts for edge of each kingdom's family, which needs 40 minutes
      needed to merge second patch Perisno .8 troops changes  DONE
          this expanded Bakhal Giants, Sut Giants, Aroulo  troops  DONE
          new troops for 3 factions needed markers to troop tree2 moved in constants  DONE

Items
    some giant items needed adding from second .8 patch        DONE

scripts
    15 useages of unassigned variable  ":town_original_faction"  DONE
        unable to find "p_outpost_one", "p_outpost_two",    DONE

game_menus
        unable to find  "p_outpost_one", "p_outpost_two",  in 5 places each    {look at older parties}  DONE
  ----
  clean compiles but initialize_aristocracy needs heavy editing for so many new factions and kings, lords, ladies, families.  DONE
  compressed and mailed to myself, twice on two different paths, to follow up from home.

after that will be the first few seconds of the first game, which I have many debug messages tell me how it wakes up

have NOT added Curtain of Fire things, yet, as that would need a half day's time to add:
      items,
      particle systems
      parties
      scripts
      party templates
      triggers
      simple triggers
      strings
      animations
  from CoF     
  - GS

EDIT: tonight's test went well, I had a working .8 within the Phosphor framework for the first time and wandered around like a child taking pictures.
  I'll need to tune it more and Mich needs to work on the map a bit.  Mostly the tools I made for .76 and Pho v20 series are completely operational now in .8
as Phosphor v21 series.

I'll release a public Phosphor v20 r7 based on changes from .76 Perisno tomorrow.

Perisno .76 should release this weekend so I've been using the bandwidth to quickly finish the summer's open projects for before start of school for most of our players.

Saturday 12 Sept 2015:
  Working with  Phosphor v20 r7 (but today's changes will be carried forward to v21 series as well):
game_menus
  removed sneaking and ambush from camp and pre-battle checks
      [Far cleaner to use Silverstag sneaking at a later time]
  hid behind cheat menu requirement the ability to select make a settlement, which isnt finished and no need to test - its a known hang

reduced risk of losing the rest of a stack of tools during a critical harvest failure from 50% to 15%
  non-critical mining success (but not a minor failure) increases ore count by 50% not 33%

added chance of rare harvests for (mining or gardening) critical success:
      chance is (1 in 8 ) during a critical success that another item other than what you were looking for happens to be there
      now a check is made to see if you actually recognize it for what it is:
          random roll(1 to 25)  <  (your skill in that type of harvesting)
                                                    with any master in that harvesting accompanying in your troops, effectively adds 8 to your skill
              success gives 1 rare ore  or  1  spices, plus whatever you normally would get.

mission_templates    uses simplified mission_templates from Perisno .76, which has ambush and sneaking removed
  presentations          removed troop ratio bar from calling its own private battle mini map, sized differently than Perisno's battle mini map, and thus
                                  making battle mini map appear like double vision and blurry

scripts                added processing for temporary fishing spot encounter that seems to have missed all Rigale versions 12 and up !
  party_templates  sometime in v20 r6 or perhaps earlier, ALL the random party_templates defined for Rigale temporary harvests, battlegrounds, etc were lost
                              or perhaps that was clumsiness during Perisno v.76 preparations.  Restored those.

info_pages          adjusted formatting of guilds, Phosphor credits

EDIT: 17:00 Saturday
  last minute testing / tuning etc ate my day.
  I'll have to postpone v21 launch, no time.

Did fix some important open bugs.

items
      reduce pricing on any item that could be crafted by player with a potentially high item modifier to limit insane high sales value  DONE
  MANUAL
    IN PROGRESS / if time in afternoon -- short documentation on how to:
          what is Perisno

troubleshooting
                load textures on demand
                determine if you need a full download or can use a smaller patch
                stuck in town

guilds in town
              difference between guild membership level "political training"
                      and              knowledge training  "skill improvement"
              buying items useful for crafting, which guild has what?
              discounts by guild membership level

harvesting
            bring your tools
            types of harvesting and how often they refill

crafting
            bring your tools
            types of crafting
                recipes are automatic by skill in that guild - no need to buy recipes
                what recipes exist?

fatigue and "why does everyone else stop at night"?  IN PROGRESS
              camping outside in the wilds
              resting in town
              sing to your men for morale or fatigue removal before battles - if you have (any) bard skill
                  fatigue greatly affects battle advantage, which influences how many troops can fight on each side at a time

Wise men and knowledge

encumbrance and how it influences troops
          battle cries / added commands

formations
              limitations and understanding when and how they act
              strategies to fake out the enemy AI

stuff that isn't Perisno or staying in its present form much longer:
            shaman interactions mostly when camping outdoors
            battlefields
                  safe to interact with now, but intended for v21 series (when magic and religion begin to arrive)
---------- 
    v21 r0 is finished with changes, uploading to team now  NO I found a crash in a battle holding off 1 day to see why.   
    v20 r7 is finished with changes but lacks a manual. 

EDIT Sunday 13 Sept 15:
  crash from v21 was textures missing, it needs a full upload only.  Retest with full upload, same battle, no issue. 
  tested both versions, both working nicely now.  All files uploading now: v21 is closed and v20 r7 is open access.

EDIT Mon 14 Sept 15:
  Dwarves had a resource conflict between Perisno and Elven Path skins.  This was "solved" by removing Elven Path skins,
  which means no Drow (dark elves) for some time.  In theory the offending skins resource could be edited with OpenBRF and just the dwarf models
removed, as Drow had no issue...  Sometime.

Rent from acres had a wrong call for a divide by 2, the one used expected two operands and placed the result in a third operand, but I supplied 2 operands only and the game just used the next register it found, at random, making for some impressive payouts (millions of aurum) from a week's rent.  Simple fix
but thats why a "test" board exists, to find the thousands of things that COULD go wrong, so I can code instead of play games.  Thanks for nearly immediate
mention from the community...

Put out patches for the above two in Phosphor v20 r7, Phosphor v21 r0, and rent in Perisno .76
  Started the Player Manual.    EDIT Tuesday:    Filled 10 pages; 85% of topics done

EDIT Wed 16 Sept 15:
  Manual finished as Word 2003 .doc  12 pages

Wed 16 Sept 15:
  started merging Curtain of Fire into Phosphor v21 r1
    found the missing pieces of settlements by the way, as they were from Rigale v11
    it still isn't "finished" but quite a bit more of it exists now
  mission_triggers  only some missions have CoF extensions.
                              This is highly likely to be unstable for a bit!

triggers  has some pieces of Rigale that were moved to simple_triggers in earlier Phosphor versions so may need comparison tomorrow to eliminate duplicates
                noticed v21 had merchants refreshing weekly, this really should be 4 days, so they have coin and food again

game_menus  need to replace the pistol for pre-made troops with a player CoF wand so can watch shooting in different mission types
                              and put each of the CoF items into inventory so can cycle through each looking for hangs and error messages

party_templates  intentionally did NOT merge to keep the amount of magic just to player for debugging

CoF modules that needed merge:  particle_systems, constants, troops, items, scene_props
    skills:
    noticed skills issue explaining companions assigned looting but getting foraging, Perisno has reserved_8 skill commented out and foraging comes after looting.... 
=====
Edit Thursday status:
  found some missing parts of formations that may be useful to improve formations as used in the Phosphors and Perisno 0.76
    I'll see if they really do something or were a wrong end from a failed PBOD install

Finished CoF merge, testing
    Mission_templates looks tangled, it acts like backspace key is forever depressed
      finally got CoF to not call presentation "battle" (which normally backspace key calls it) every 0.1 seconds
      was able to move player around and use CoF items now  (15:25)
      still some issue with game message output overflow from illegal syntax in script_formation_end
          found it, the Rigale CoF uses its own formation_end that is not compatible with the modmerged formation_scripts_wb declaration of formation_end

DID find some missing scripts:
              healthbars, morale_check, battle_cry, rally, rout_check, rout_enemies, rout_allies, flee_enemies, coherence, hero_exp_penalty
                some further investigation suggests they are PBOD but not compatible with the formations Motomaru gave Perisno, which dont use WSE
              still trying to have a error message free battle to get game message window back...
                got it.  17:42 Magic, CoF style, is working fully with game message window working.
                I suppose some day I should back port this to Rigale, maybe for Thanksgiving.
                In the meantime I may as well make a new magic system that stays private a few more weeks.
                OK this frees me to chase Perisno bugs tomorrow.

Friday 18 Sept 15 Log:
    Spirit of .76 v7:  to v6 added to simple_triggers a restart of game_message window output every 4 hours, not by adding a new simple trigger
    (which would break save game) but simply putting it on an existing one before the first conditional test, so the original trigger isnt changed (a "piggy back")

Pho v21
      adjust CoF items to use better icons, limit number of discharges by changing item type to "firearm" class, slow the reload greatly, change ammunition bullet class items to very small numbers (12) so when assigned to lords etc magic does not dominate the battle as much.  Lowered damage, applied further flags for extra penetration.  Icons chosen to help remember what type of ammunition is used and what effect based on the shape at the end - area (arc) or single target (pointy), generally the fanciest spells have the most ornate launcher.  CoF uses items to launch a spell; Phantasy Calradia simply conjures the item for an instant and the item is removed immediately after, which could be the next layer.  I wanted to reduce the number of thrown items to remove power throw bonus; also animations need to be appropriate, and sound effects.  Some of that was done and parts of it are missing from original CoF.

Test battles show many times more morale effects than seen with previous mission_triggers; formations now break up and enemies rout if they are suddenly losing 6+ soldiers from a area effect.  Messages regarding enemy morale now seen.  This is from last night's recovery of lost morale code from a fragment of PBOD.  Also Rigale extensions that were missing now work more cleanly - if the player kills many enemies the player's side gains a morale bonus applied to the troops nearest the player.  If I can get this very clean by lunch I could back port it, minus magic, to Perisno .76 and Pho v20 r7 [10:40 AM]

need to add a modifier to have damage break through shield for magic  [mostly done]

mission_templates:
    removed J Rage, O sprint, K focus  from Rigale combat extensions as all 3 can be exploited be exiting battle ungracefully.
      there is a method in theory to limit that but time is short today.  For now its easier to just pull it,
      than to try to limit the abuse potential with a complex workaround.  Also the workaround breaks saves, which is best done later or in Pho.

adjusted the formula for in battle first aid to have more influence from first aid skill and less from intelligence
    lowered the charisma requirement to whistle for horse
    removed all traces of Rigale sprint fatigue system
    removed shield bash which was getting the keypress for Silverstag sprint
          Silverstag sprint (left control) nominally is disabled but can be enabled in tests with a single adjustment of compile time global variable
          sprint fatigue bar, which uses troop ratio bar, still disabled

turned on battle presentation at 1 place only to see if it stops auto-activating. [12:15 last checkpoint above, to now]

finally found all the pieces that needed solving.  Header_triggers had a double declaration of the backspace key that caused the battle to consider the key as endlessly pressed down.  Can now use battle presentation (number fleeing, what commands they are doing etc, the backspace key in a battle).
Battle mini map is clean again instead of blurry.  Windy's troop ratio bar code was auto activating its private settings for battle mini map, which our Zephilinox
also activated seperately.  Now just version activates.  Battles are clean again, and messages display nicely.  Can back port this mission_templates and presentations to Pho v20 r7.2  and Perisno .76 r2  tonight.

Friday TO-DO:
      Several Perisno bugs investigation:
          Marshall Ioloch
          edit  xgm_mod_options.py to allow formations settings toggle for Perisno .76  (but not Silverstag toggles)
                                                                                Pho v20 r7 should already have Silverstag + Formations toggles
          get Konyk's Wyvern Quest changes from dropbox and merge

[someday]         
  debug Rigale sprint to add a slots based flag that sprint was activated on player from Rigale sprint
    then de-activate by check at start of each battle (or segment of many linked battles)  to keep it from stacking
                                  check by simple_triggers timer for same to deactivate if player ends battle early and thus still has sprint effects on char
[/someday]

Next week:
  need to start magic_resist right after can use each CoF item as player, so can test scripts to bypass armor.

Saturday morning:
  porting minor fixes from Phosphor v21 r0.3 to Phosphor v20 r7.2
  depending on how things line up I may import the (now working) Curtain of Fire layer as well.
    If so I may as well give some of the items to both sides (companions and AI leaders) and add a few wizards etc as reinforcement troops
    This sounds like a 2 day job working half days only -- the best that can be done on a weekend).

Should be colorful.  The higher power magic items use "firearm" skill, and the bullets that feed them are both rare and very small quantity ammunition (12 is the size for NPCs and 24 the more rare version for player).  Magic is not in its final form; this is more of an interim model waiting for magic resistance scripts and damage bypassing armor via script, at which time the flavor should be different.  Curtain of Fire was made for Mount & Blade (not Warband) in 2008, and is the OSP that all the magic using mods based their magic from.  I had an earlier CoF for Warband in the OSP Rigale 12.1 source I released April 2015, but that had some serious issues that I claimed needed a week ofr so to clean up.  Here is the result after my man week of cleanup -- and perhaps most others need more than a week.  I should fix it for them sometime, perhaps for Christmas or Thanksgiving.  In the meantime, give me a few hours and I'll port what I have.

status Saturday:
    Back merge of v21 r0.3 to v20 r7.2  is complete.  10:20 AM
    that went well enough but now there is a new bug where every faction's scouts pawn next to the player,
        even if the faction is on the other side of the map.  I'll have to run that down before release and make sure its not in last night's .76 Perisno update.
        (once I know WHERE it comes from).

Next up:
    adjusting troop viewer to view new troops, editing new troops, assigning new troops to party_templates (reinforcements, bandit spawns etc).

New week, new things to try:
  Monday and Tuesday were holidays and no modding occured.
  Wed:
      xgm_item_powers added:  adds simple skills to the party skills check when an item that was seperately defined on a list is found to be equipped
            or possibly just in inventory.  I made equipped items slightly more powerful than putting them in inventory, in general.
            items on the list are specific new rings (Phosphor only), exotic mounts (+Perisno as well), Merchant sets (+Perisno), elven boots (+Perisno)
              robes for tier 2 pilgrims and the female initiates (tiers 1 and 2) (+Perisno).

looked through various script collections for more things to add; found a few places where I could trace where code came from to add to credits
        and to try fixing Rigale's earlier merge of them where the original merge and/or my re-merge of them in the last year has issues.

was going to start on a different side project this week but lost inspiration so I guess there are too many things here that are up in the air to lose momentum now.  Said project would have had a Silverstag base.

Thursday 24 Sept
  No joy on getting xgm_item_powers to work.  Eventually got it working on Rigale v12.1, which compiles and loads faster anyway;
  Now working in Pho v20 r7.3
Fri 25 Sept 15:
  30 items have effects.  And as promised the "item powers" OSP, when everything is finally clean, does the code for me.  In nearly the same time I would have needed to just explicitly write it myself.  It seems to fail as > 32 items are given effects.  But, it's more than I had 2 days ago...
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEeXVIaEZzQmZmMGM/view?usp=sharing        magic ring
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgESDBaa2NXSHJSQ1E/view?usp=sharing          all exotic mounts have different effects
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEcGUwTXdMS1JLWm8/view?usp=sharing        another magic ring, this time keeping it in inventory
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEUUNUS0MwcVE5MTA/view?usp=sharing        a small bug: the ring when worn hides hands, need to edit flags
                                                                                                                                              notice the green indication of items changing skills shown
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgETVhaSnJYUkROMlU/view?usp=sharing            fixed the rings

- GS
=====

Fri: 
  decided Pho and Perisno need a break.
  Working on Rigale for OSP
      items - sorting as in Pho for the same reason, eventual magic resistance
Sat: day of reflection.
  I've decided to stop postpone maintaining Perisno.  I'll immediately start work on a mod free of Perisno assets, and when I have it I'll make a topic in Pioneer's forum and be eligible for membership on the roster of "finished" mods, "someday" (TM).  Unlike the rest of Perisno, I really am not anxious to be #1 at Moddb.  I've never put Pho there.  Being #1 moddb without writing 1 line of code all year isn't how I roll.  Having to conform to some user's expectations of ISO documentation isn't my style either.  I can push papers or make something live.  I sure as hell won't try to do both. 

I have very little time to kill.  I can barely swallow fruits; coca cola has me coughing until I see bright lights moving.  I can't even get a tube down my throat to see what the problem is.  My heart and circulation are generally poor and my bones hurt constantly.  I'm too young to retire, with too few hours worked for disability, and my chances at a job are poor.  These things keep me in good humour, without which I'd probably feel depressed.  As it is, I plan to die laughing at myself.  But I won't waste time on a mod that doesn't even respect me, let alone LIKE what I do.  The audience that hates my work is welcome to try it as I found it, 11 months ago, with the owner almost abandoning it and being assured "all the REAL bugs are gone".  Ergo, what bugs there are today are MY FAULT.  Well, I can help that best by refusing to add more. 

Instead, I'll keep all my bugs here, where I know their ancestry, and lineage.  Too many problems in Perisno preceded me.  Yes theres red messages in princess marriage.  But consider this -- when I got there, the princess was a DUDE and you'd have to be gay to talk dirty to him.  I changed all that. Diplomacy allows gay marriage, and I respect that.  But if I didn't write it, why should I be blamed for it?  And if I am not free to change it, whose fault is it I am still working on it?  I should work on something I have the right to change, or leave alone, or even leave it broken if I don't have time to make it right.  But about half of it is broken enough it may be cleaner to leave it on the table, and start with something that works differently.  We've all seen enough of Native, and all it's thousand variations.

Monday 28 Sept 15:
    editing Items from Rigale v12.1 to be sorted according to item type in order to apply in OSP format some of the tricks used in Phosphor for an update to Rigale.  I think this needs 3-5 days before a v12.2 can be ready.
  Tues 29 Sept 15
    items now finished armor sorting, starting on weapons.  14:30
  Wed 30 Sept 15
    finished weapons, now editing stats for magic items  10:00 AM
    need to put an items and troop viewer into the mod and browse the items/troops next.

found a likely cause of jail break quests failing in most but not all kingdoms while comparing mission_templates
    found a likely cause of archers not behaving in mission triggers
    testing a back merged mission templates in Rigale/CoF v12.2 to see if I can improve the mission_templates  in Perisno .76/Phosphor series
        actually it still isn't compiling.  I'll need another day to merge other pieces and untangle dependencies.
        clean compile @ 20:21

I should have a working base tomorrow, Essentially {Phosphor v20r7 minus Perisno}  for reference.  That should then be merged to Silverstag someday.

Thu 1 Oct 15
  Cleaned up the base code to have fewer warnings, fixed strings, removed duplicate mission templates, cleared many unused global variables
  adjusted constants to match the lowered items so item checking code reports categories correctly  DONE
  need to find the missing mesh/textures that allow inventory viewing in Silverstag calls; normal inventory works fine.  NOT DONE
  still comparing Pho crafting and guilds menus to Rigale as items changed  -  DONE
      it will still need another day to be ready.

Foraging improved roughly 2.2x more effective;  *should*  boost in forest and river areas further as well (sometime)

Fri 2 Oct 15:
  cleaning up errors and short test.  Many little issues.  Made sure changes all new tweaks at Rigale were ported to Pho v20 r8 as well.

found the source of the double party names in Kaos Kit; both Perisno/Phosphor and Kaos kit call a party rename presentation that is defined twice
    one at Perisno/Phosphor  and once again in modmerged Kaos kit.  Modmerger then renames the conflicting presentation and chains it to the end
  of the existing presentation, making party name always come out double when called from within Koas kit and singly when explicitly naming the party by hand.

end of day comment:  It's * close * to working. 
    I'm still not ready to release source; I'd like 2-3 days to review for Perisno fragments that aren't mine to release.
    I'm ready to put a preview up for Hurleur,  who had asked for a revised Rigale with working magic
        although magic items are * far * too powerful still.  I should tone them down some, but to me theyre STILL placeholders
        while waiting for a real magic resist system.

There are other bugs and issues; what I could say is it is many times cleaner than the Rigale v12.1 source
    but I really need to go through it section by section looking for Perisno unique code and/or rewriting a generic workaround when needed.
    This way I protect the trust given me by Perisno while making a working Rigale body as an OSP.
    Its selfish as well -- I would not mind a clean rights base to build future mods from, although excepting the WSE requirements
I'd say Silverstag is the superior base.  I may yet take more WSE-free layers from Silverstag for a better Rigale in the future.

- GS

New week, new things to try.
Mon 5 Oct 15:
  Trying to fly; incredibly slow progress, boo.  a hundred variations on what should have been a simple transformation.
  I should be happy but even this was not very responsive    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgESUx1UXFoaVRpb1U/view?usp=sharing
  GOT IT    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEejJ3YjZHX2Vkbmc/view?usp=sharing

this was a test of concept to see what is needed to fly.  I can't of course use Evlat's carpet in a "live" mod; but I needed to know the code
  can work and what exactly is needed from the model.  It's right now about as elegant as a hot air balloon, but even THAT is a good start.

Mounts are MUCH more difficult
Tuesday:  Yes and no
  You can't make a mount fly, directly.  But here's what looking at the problem differently allows: make the mount stand on something flying
  now it doesnt have to have a clever trick to switch riders on landing.  If the mount is killed flying, just remove it's support and let the player fall...
  Or add script magic so the right featherfall ring teleports safely down...

Mount on a carpet: Ice Dragon  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEcjdoeGRHUm5Cc0k/view?usp=sharing        Phosphor v21 r4 WIP
                              Tiger            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEQzVWbnd1MkJfU2c/view?usp=sharing

Wed  7 Oct 15:
      At the same time Pho v21r4 shows some faults in testing:
          there seems some issue during guild training/lessons, lessons not completing, tavern going away again after guild activity
        I should make sure this isn't happening elsewhere, and consider adjusting module_constants to move guilds to someplace safe from interference  DONE
          Of course, this breaks save games for Rigale v12.30 && Pho v21
          cleaned some compile warnings for Pho v21r4
          adjusted magic items and magic using troops in Rigale v12.31, using highlander gear to help identify them early in battle. 
              weakened their items but added more charm person attacks to summoners

Rigale v12.31:
          1st quest fails right after winning the fight with bandits.  The apprentice in the looters is cute...  No dialog saying "spare me" etc.

set guild chances at start in towns to match Phosphor values (more guilds, more often)
          added support for multi-races in scripts to determine gender when more than human races; this will be published in source as well
              However this adds about a day's work to change thousands of lines in the source.  I partly am doing this in case I want to make a quick mod later...

adjusted down costs on rare item modifiers to reduce likelihood of exploiting crafting for trivial cash
          fixed inventory slot display to allow the troop tree viewer and "all items" presentations to work correctly
          removed the flying code from test, this is not part of the Rigale release although it can be inferred from comments made earlier

Thursday 8 Oct 15:
    Power is out at work so will be doing home projects.  Nothing will get done on computer today...

Friday 9 Oct 15:
    Finally have internet back.  finished dialogs    fixing gender comments in diplomacy to allow multi-races
      probably need to set reg4 or reg65 for gender tests still.  Did this @ 15:00 PM
      shows a great need to re-do dialogs for Perisno && Pho as well!  Probably 15-20 mistakes found in setting reg4/65 (or not setting them)
-----
      Also need to make a better system for air travel:
          so can move at a constant velocity like mounts
          need a rotation command (spin left/spin right) with some angular momentum value stored to allow slow procession or fast turns
          best to spawn the carpet in front of player and by a key command like any other battle command - but which key?
          need to put this into a mission_template with a fight in it to watch magic and reaction of enemy archers
            which implies need to limit height above ground to prevent player from hiding out up high, doubtless staining that carpet yellow/worse
            and need a working "go down", PageDown doesn't seem to respond, perhaps its in use elsewhere
          should particle effect @ the carpet's position when it enters game to find it once it is transparent
          need to be able to stop movement of the mount by script
          need a featherfall effect to teleport player to ground (instant parachute)
          need to screenshot a magic effect from the flying carpet
------
  need to check Rigale v12.30 for problems at guilds/crafting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom