Scourge of War: Waterloo

Users who are viewing this thread

It's one of the most historically accurate NW RTSs out there. The AI might be the best I've personally seen in any RTS. I'm not kidding - this game is worthy of It's price.

Yesterday I participated in a battle with 10 other people and it was one of the most engaging expieriences I've had in a long time. That feeling you get when what you're doing matters so much that it can easily change the course of the battle or the feeling that you basically made history right there on the battlefield and loads of people were a part of it (can't explain it without sounding silly) is just something you have to expierience yourself. It's like playing Civ and loking back at how your empire, through all the troubles, grew to become what it is now after long 12 hours of playing. I can't be the only one who gets that cool feeling right?

But of course before you really can start enjoying the sweet parts of the game, you have to go through the bitter stuff too. And it's mainly to do with getting used to the not-so-intuitive-UI and how the AI acts in certain situations (at the start it feels like it doesnt know anything about combat in Napoleonic wars but then you start to get how dumb you yourself are with your NTW-like tactics). Also the graphics and the performance aren't that great, but they grow on to you.

CaptainAndrew said:
That feeling you get when what you're doing matters so much that it can easily change the course of the battle or the feeling that you basically made history right there on the battlefield and loads of people were a part of it (can't explain it without sounding silly) is just something you have to expierience yourself.

The last time I experienced that feeling was when I played Age of Empires II. I'm planning on buying this and making an Age of Empires II mod for it.

The Scourge of War series is currently on sale (excluding Waterloo), I recommend dipping in now for Gettysburg.
You would be welcome to join our lot in playing it, Densetsu. Wellen has picked it up as well and is currently wrestling with the tutorials.

I have to install it first! No HDD space!

Multi-posting — if you need to add something, and yours was the last post in the thread, edit your last post instead of adding a new one

yours was the last post in the thread, edit your last post instead of adding a new one

last post in the thread, edit your last post

edit your last post

ejleX0H.png

Back
Top Bottom