The North American Mentorship Program (New to NA? Click here)

Users who are viewing this thread

NAMP_zpsx5miqowm.png

North American Mentorship Program
N.A.M.P

This is a culmination of different thoughts and ideas from throughout the multiplayer community brought together into one program for the North American community to use to greet and welcome new players.

If you are new to Warband then this is the right place to learn about the game, below are a list of mentors available to help you in each of the three classes of the game (with their contact info provided). They are each veterans of the game and have hundreds of hours of gameplay under their belt at their respective classes. If you would like to be taught by any of these players then simply contact them through their info, if you cannot get ahold of them then post in this thread and ask for assistance.

The goal of this mentor conglomeration is to bring in new people, teach them how to play the game, get connected and get them involved in our community. So that they have the tools to train others and perhaps set up their own clan or join an existing one. We are here to be a positive influence on the community and to be available to teach new people how to play, this is a community effort and it will take everyone to make it an effective tool.

Be sure to check out our Official Steam Group!

Also, if you're interested in competitive tournaments for Warband check out our seasonal UNAC tournaments!

And be sure to look at our Clan Hall section if you wish to join a clan, see members in clans or see how they operate. If you have any other questions about how the NA community operates post here or throw any of the mentors a PM!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What can I expect to learn from this program?

Infantry and a General Knowledge of:

• Sword & Board Combat
  • Attacking & Blocking
  • Chambering
  • Weapon Damage Types
  • Weapon Speeds and Attack Directions

Cavalry and a General Knowledge of:

• Lance Combat
  • Sword Combat
  • Couching
  • Timing
  • Different Horse Types

Archery and a General Knowledge of:

• Aiming
  • Positioning
  • Bow types, Damage and Speed
  • Target Prioritization
  • Properly Shooting into Melee Fights

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How will my mentor and I actually train?

• First you contact them through their info provided under their name and ask about the program.
  • Next they will probably introduce themselves and the like.
  • Then your mentor will likely give you a TS3 address that you can go to and talk with them.
  • And finally you and your mentor will hop on a multiplayer server and begin training

How do I apply?

Well, you can contact one of the mentors and choose them! or if you post here one will be assigned to you!

Here is an application format

App for Mentees:
Code:
In-game Name:
Steam:
Talewords:
Class wanting help with:

• __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Why did you make this thread?

If you still love the game, then hopefully you'll give this a read.

Firstly, I want all of you to know that I do and say all of this in a spirit of unity and integrity, I have no secret agenda of monopolizing servers or anything nefarious out there in conspiracy land. This is an attempt to set up a firmer foundation for the current Warband competitive scene. Also, it is to try to bring us all together and hopefully keep that unity and togetherness through into Bannerlord as well.

We obviously have differing opinions of how the game should be played, some of us probably do not like each other and some of us probably avoid each other at all costs. That being said, we all have several things in common. We love this game, we all have influence on what happens in the game, we all help make the game a better place (hopefully) and we all are probably planning on playing Bannerlord.

Now the reason I am writing this is to say that if we want a thriving community for Warband and Bannerlord we need to be united, we need to be a welcoming community and a friendly community, we need to be less trolly and more helpful. Perhaps not be overly greedy with our recruitment policies on servers and we all need to use our influence correctly and for the betterment of the game.

I am fully aware the competitive tournament scene is in a bit of a rut, that's the main reason I made a mentorship thread for all of us to be a part of. It was also made to hopefully set up a successful tool for Bannerlord that we can all use to introduce new players to Warband and Bannerlord. I hope that some of you will want to be mentors and help teach new players, we have already introduced 3 brand new players into the competitive scene through this program in a couple of days. We are also helping about 10 more people that are fairly new to the competitive scene at this moment.

The people we train and help now are players who will be with us for Bannerlord in the future.

I know we all have responsibilities outside of a video game, but hey, I'm pretty sure we all love this game and are willing to put forth a moderate commitment to make it better for everyone that plays it.

One of our biggest problems is an inactive and mostly dead clan (POM) hosting the premier battle server of NA, what might help is to make a new battle server and support it, use the tournament settings we play with and play on the maps we play on in those tournaments. I think this will be a good thing to turn the community toward the right direction for the future.

I also hope that through some careful deliberation the siege, deathmatch, battle and dueling communities can all become more helpful to each other and united and that we can carry that over into Bannerlord as well. I know the different modes of gameplay have been a topic of hot debate before.

I know GK has a lot of influence over the siege and deathmatch communities and I hope that you guys will consider being more receiving of the competent battle and dueling players that come to your servers. Hopefully if we can get a community based battle server with active and competent people (by this I mean people other than POMs) maintaining it, our main battle server will also be a place that you can enjoy playing on more as well.

If there is anyone you want to share this with feel free to send it forward.

This is my favorite game and I want to see it be as successful as possible. I hope you guys have a great day and thanks for reading this message if you made it this far  :smile:

Infantry Mentors:

Cdjrcxx
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring:

Troubadour
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring: Dryykon

Oodle
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring:

Arys
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring: Sylvanas, Heat, Southern

Danate
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring: Hans, Hroar

Cavalry Mentors:

Cru
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring: Wert

Nevino
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring: Mercator, Nemesis, Hroar

Rallix
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring: Rake

Heat
    Steam Profile
    Currently Mentoring: Kelthin

Mar
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring:

Archery & Crossbow Mentors:

John
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring: Matthew, Rake, Mercator

Fidel Lagstro
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring: HurkySword, Wert

Jeffrey9792
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring:

Rhadagast
    Steam Profile
    Taleworlds Profile

Currently Mentoring:

Info for Mentees!

Graduation

This portion of the program is an interactive and fun system so that you can feel a bit more like you can see your progress toward being a better player.
    • Each mentee will have their name placed on this thread under a list of graduates. They will receive 1 gold star for each mentor they learn everything they can from. Once you earn 3 stars from each of the 3 classes ( 9 in total ) you will be an official graduate of the program, which means you have a very good understanding of every class.
    • Each mentee does not have to be a brand new player, if you are a seasoned player looking for mentorship don't be discouraged to post as well.
    • Each mentee can switch mentors as anytime they wish for any reason, just send a PM to me or on steam or post here.
    • Each mentee can also have multiple mentors at the same time if they wish.

An example of a mentee progress sheet:

Student: Manry

Infantry:
    0XJIos5.png
    0XJIos5.png
    0XJIos5.png

Cavalry:
    0XJIos5.png
    0XJIos5.png

Archer:
    0XJIos5.png

TeamSpeak 3 addresses if you want to just hop in and talk to us on the mic!

rN ts3: 107.161.28.87
    POM ts3 (Wappaw, TMW, FB/Rebels, POM): 24.240.218.129

Info for Mentors!

If you would like to be on the list of mentors simply steam or message me. Be aware though that being on this list has responsibilities. If someone does not come to you then it is your responsibility to seek out at least 1 player and train them, maybe even invite them to your clan or team. Through this method we can be more assured that the mentors remain active. If at anytime you do not wish to continue to be a mentor anymore, just let me know.

I highly HIGHLY recommend that we only mentor new or fairly new players. It's super easy to just ask in POM if anyone wants help training. If they say yes, then get their steam and start talking.

• Each mentor can place as many mentees on their list as they would like. Personally, I wouldn't have more than 3 at any given time. Hopefully each mentor has at least one person on their list. If you want to add a mentee message me or post here.
    • Each mentee does not have to be a brand new player, if you are a seasoned player looking for mentorship don't be discouraged to post as well.
    • Each mentor will have a list of mentees they have helped train, each mentee they help train toward graduation will be placed by their name once the student has left their tutorage.

I am fully aware of other threads of this nature, however those threads have seemed to die down and this thread is for the entire NA community and its members.

Many more mentors will be added soon in the coming days.

App for Mentors
Code:
In-game Name:
Steam:
Taleworlds:
Class willing to help with:

Students of N.A.M.P

Once you earn 3 stars from each of the 3 classes ( 9 in total ) you will be a graduate of the program!

Each star represents a new level, there are 3 levels:

Skillful
Formidable
Deadly

Matthew

Infantry:

Cavalry:

Archer:

Rake

Infantry:

Cavalry Rallix's Star |
0XJIos5.png
|
Skillful

Archer:

Sylvanas

Infantry:

Cavalry:

Archer:

Hans

Infantry:

Cavalry:

Archer:

Nemesis

Infantry:

Cavalry:

Archer:

Kelthin

Infantry:

Cavalry:

Archer:

Mercator

Infantry:

Cavalry:

Archer:

Wert

Infantry:

Cavalry:

Archer:

Southern

Infantry:

Cavalry:

Archer:

Hroar

Infantry:

Cavalry:

Archer:

If you'd like to support this program, here is a stylish hyperlinked image for your signature!

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,331821.0.html][IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx3/Jon1616/NAMPSIG_zps3qkor5zj.png[/IMG][/url]

Good luck! And Welcome!

In-game Name: SF_Rallix
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rallix/
Taleworlds: Rallix, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=35390
Class willing to help with: Cavalry, Infantry

Volpel said:
wKs program wasn't met with much success, but good luck.

Exactly, its not that they didn't try either. I just don't think they had the community support factor and then a little later some of the wks left the scene. Hopefully with every clan on board (to some extent), we can make it work.

In-game Name: Guacc
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087747357
Talewords: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=328037
Class wanting help with: every

In-game Name: Rake
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062253169/
Talewords:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=430096
Class wanting help with: Cav, Archer, and xbow

I'm glad this is starting up again. The wK one didn't do well, but the original one was very popular as I recall

Manry said:
I'm glad this is starting up again. The wK one didn't do well, but the original one was very popular as I recall

i think everyone who joined the wK one and was willing to put in any effort came out much better at whatever they wanted to get better in.
the big problem is there is a very limited amount of players willing to pick the brain of the wK guys to get better.

as much as i like these, i think any player who REALLY wants to get better would have already reached out to any good players and asked for mentorship and I know most people would have been glad to help.

either way,  Good luck and good effort

Good luck! Just gotta befriend a noob and get started.

Manry said:
The wK one didn't do well...

I thought it was moderately successful, if short-lived. I won't speak for the other  mentors, but at final tally, I had like 9 calling mentees. I'll leave it to them to evaluate how helpful my advice was, but I thought they were a good group.

The only "problem" I guess would have been that all my mentees were already in clans, not textbook new players. Maybe something to think about, as your mentors select/accept new mentees.

Terrible_Swordsman said:
In-game Name: Rake
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062253169/
Talewords:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=430096
Class wanting help with: Cav, Archer, and xbow

I can help you with Cav if you'd like

The wK Mentorship Program failed to get many new players, despite having been created during steam sales and me sitting in POM  for many hours in spec  trying to direct people to it. All we really ended up doing is giving some already clan active players some tips to sharpen up their technique.

The few actually new players we got didn't stick around for long, heck, I believe some of them never even opened warband again after having signed up for the program  :???: , and some of them did stick around, but went to NW instead... and the reason they gave me was because NW was easier and more active, so they could pretty much attend some kind of event whenever they decided to open up warband and they would perform fairly well, whereas in native they couldn't kill anyone.

Which brings up the question... what incentive does the current NA scene really have to offer to new players? And even if there are some incentives... does NW not offer better ones?

Why would new players choose to enter something that already looks dead (NA native) instead of something that is newer, lively, and constantly pumping out events (NW)?

We keep on using the excuse that NA is dead and are just waiting around for some miracle to happen that will magically bring new players in... well that's just not going to happen.

I would suggest stop calling NA dead and start making the scene look more lively and active.

Pickup Parties (or something similar) should be revived. They are the closest thing to line-battles that our currently small scene can offer and are easy to set up. Invite a bunch of new players you see on random servers to attend and give them a ts to enter and interact in. IMO it is also the best way to start getting newer people to start transitioning from a pub mindset to an objective one for scrims. It also doesn't put them in the stressful position that tournament matches normally would since pickup parties don't really count for anything.

That being said, don't pressure new players into the competitive scene either, give them the time they need to get a good feel for the game and see if they really want to get serious in it. You don't want to scare the new blood away by giving them unwanted responsibilities in a game such as attending EVERY practice and EVERY scrim (which they are probably going go get sat out on even if they do show up). Let them develop their own love for warband, don't try to force it into them, trust me, that's how you make them hate it.

Back
Top Bottom