Aescesdun Battle Question (spoilers of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

DerHerbst

Knight
Is there a set number of men on both sides of the battle?  I brought 200 men to the fight on the side of the vikings.  My men and I managed to kill ~700 Saxons before they were wiped out.  Losses so far are about 300 Danes vs 700 Saxons.  The battle kept raging but I was knocked out by a javelin when the death count was around 600 Danes vs 1100 Saxons.  I play with battlesizer set to 600 b/c I like to play with graphics on max. 

So my question is: how many men must each side lose before the battle ends?  What are the army sizes of both sides?  I know the Saxons won the battle historically but is it possible to win the battle as a viking in game?

thanks!

Nevermind I made it through the battle.  I forget the exact number but I think there were ~1400 Saxons in the battle total.

Thanks Idibil --- I don't know the exact amount but it seems like each side gets around 1500 men.  Enough to make a proper fight!!!

When I finished the campaign mode, this battle was buggy. I don't know if it was on purpose or not but when you have the first huge battle like +1000 vs +1000. I finish that battle. And then it goes to the campaign map, fast forwards time a bit, and then the Brytenwalda pops up, says he wants to fight, I say we will fight to the end, then it's random numbers like +20 vs +20, this cycle goes on and on with the Brytenwalda popping up every fast forward with like 20, 30 men. I don't know it was just a huge buggy mess for me and it really ruined the campaign mode that I loved so much.  Every 5 seconds that turd Brytenwalda Aethelwhateverthe**** just pops up with like 30 men.

Back
Top Bottom