Banastre's Romero Mod / Bleak Outlook

Users who are viewing this thread

Banastre

Sergeant
Now includes Khamukkamu's dialogue fixes!

First off, amazing mod work and definitely one of the most ambitious and large-scale mods I've yet seen for Mount&Blade. I did notice a few oddities in the mod however, and while most are likely Alpha bugs, I decided to make a submod based off Romero zombie lore, otherwise known as Bleak Outlook, which fixes some bugs and balancing issues, and also adds some new content. All credit of course goes to Reckonings' developers for their beyond-fantastic work.

Developers of the mod can feel free to use this in later Reckoning patches and versions if they'd like.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhkFarjto0OeWZHOGoyTVRyWHc/view?usp=sharing

Current version subject to change as Reckoning patches come out.

To install: place The Reckoning in your Modules folder. Overwrite when prompted.

THIS IS THE FINAL VERSION BEFORE NEXT RECKONING UPDATE
Changelog
NOT SAVE-GAME COMPATIBLE WITH VANILLA RECKONING
Previous Submod Version - 4/7/2015, 4:33 PM EST
Latest Submod Version - 4/7/2015, 9:34 PM EST
This submod is updated very frequently. New versions will not be save-game compatible unless specified otherwise.

* Added new open-source/public domain music by Maria Gallego, John Carpenter, John Murphy, Hank Williams Sr., Emmylou Harris, and Alela Diane.
* Overhauled Infected humans significantly based on Romero lore. They are much deadlier now and no longer deal 0-1 damage a punch. They're also more durable and headshots will be a necessity for ammo conservation.
** Infected damage will be lowered when biting is implemented. Right now their damage is very high to be representative of biting/ripping/etc.
* Fixed date and year.
* Fixed infected animal Sea Raider dialogue.
* Added new sounds from Resident Evil 2, Silent Hill, Floris, More Metal Soundpack, 1866, STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, and Left 4 Dead. Credit for these sounds goes to their respective creators. All sounds used are freely available for public non-profit use.
* Increased Infected party sizes. Herds and Supercells are MASSIVE. Be warned.
* Significantly buffed infected animals, especially elephants (previously were slightly weaker than most Human enemies).
* Changed Merchants to get rid of their Medieval clothing unless the clothing looks fine in a modern-day setting.
* Changed some dialogue to be less formal/removed Medieval/vanilla reference. (in progress; numerous lines fixed)
* Removed all references to Calradia, nobility, kings, queens, vassals, castles, and lords (in progress; almost all references removed).
* Infected enemies (Infected, Infected Animals, Partial Infected) are now all non-capturable.
* Infected animal armor (invis gloves, invis armor, etc.) is no longer lootable.
* Fixed "Sarranid" unit names.
* Invis Knives can no longer be picked up.
* New banners and coats-of-arms for main factions from public-domain images.
* More Traveller/Trader/Wandering Poet/Town Leader fixes and namechanges.
* Various menu/UI/quickstrings bug fixes, typo fixes, and lore/consistency fixes.
* Fixed "Nordic Archer" units and names.
* Two new Infected parties. Also increased Infected party aggressiveness.
* Fixed many city/town/fort map icons.
* New Escape menu screen.
* Added a new companion.
* Fixed the Barn Full of Walkers NPC.
* Fixed the Caravan Master NPC.
* Woodbury Units no longer use vanilla equipment.
* Zombie clothes and heads no longer lootable.
* Castle/Prison Guards fixed.
* Khamukkamu's dialogue fixes added.
* New dialogue for the new companion. He's a Vietnam veteran, and anyone who enjoys zombie-based games can probably guess who he is.
* Denars now changed to Rounds.
* Most weapons and armor rebalanced for damage, protection, and cost.
* Firearm damage significantly buffed across the board - expect one-shot kills with most guns if you hit an enemy in the torso (or if YOU get hit in the torso)!
* Crossbows/bows buffed with some renames.
* Melee weapons and bayonets buffed, and some weapons nerfed (no more halberd brooms or 22b dollar bills, as hilarious as those were).
* Child Infected no longer use human female voices.
* Nearly a dozen new HD sounds, as well as new music. (4/7/2015).
* Rebalanced Infected damage/health so they're still very dangerous but not invincible (4/7/2015).

-TO DO-
As of latest Reckoning update:
1. Fix all Merchants and Castle Guard units to remove vanilla items. (done)
2. Fix vanilla dialogues. (partially done)
3. Fix vanilla "denar" listing. (done)
4. Balance Human units as needed.
5. Add Sprinting Infected.
6. Fix dialogue typos.
7. Add more new sounds.
8. Balance/fix firearm damage, pricing, range, accuracy. (Sorta-done)
9. Balance armor. (Sorta-done)
10. Fix Woodbury units (currently using vanilla Sarranid equipment). (Done)
11. Fix map banners and lord banners.
12. Fix/add new town/city/village backgrounds.
13. Add more Infected parties to the map (possibly).
14. Add more tracks to the track player.
15. Incorporate injuries/permadeath system (if the developer doesn't do it first).
16. Rewrite companion dialogue. (one companion done)
17. Make your son/daughter look less monstrous/huge-foreheaded. (in progress)
18. Fix village trader script error (doesn't break or affect anything, just is annoying).
19. Fix misplaced banners. (done)
20. Fix script errors after Walker Barn quest (not caused by my mod). (possibly done)
21. Prevent Infected/Partial Infected units from cheering at the end of battle.

Any changes or additions you'd like to see? Post them here!

Thanks both of you!

Not save-game compatible now though, sorry. Fixed up Party Templates to prevent wrong units being in wrong faction parties.

Still no cars and no helicopters ;(

But i believe you will add this  :smile:

And after that. you can add speedboats for sea travelling huh?

:grin:  :lol: :mrgreen:

Kamos said:
Still no cars and no helicopters ;(

But i believe you will add this  :smile:

And after that. you can add speedboats for sea travelling huh?

:grin:  :lol: :mrgreen:

I want to, but I have no idea how to script all that in. That's something only the development team can do, not me.

Just read the changelog, outstanding job mate! I'm going to try this version out right now, as of now this is the closest thing to an official patch since you cover lots of bugs ingame, and considering how fast you've been at it I can only say, you da man!

Ambrush said:
Just read the changelog, outstanding job mate! I'm going to try this version out right now, as of now this is the closest thing to an official patch since you cover lots of bugs ingame, and considering how fast you've been at it I can only say, you da man!

Cheers!  :cool:

Really great work mate, I will definitely be including the bug fixes in the next version of the mod. This really helps me a lot, I honestly cant thank you enough  :smile: The to do list is a great idea also

Thank you, both of you!

I'm glad I could help. :smile: I really do love this mod's concept and I know it has huge potential.

Dumb but quick question here Banastre, not  save-game compatible with vanilla Reckoning but is it save-game compatible with latest Bleak Outlook version?

Once again, outstanding job!!

Cheers man. :smile:

Nope. I do a lot of editing on the fly to parties and party_templates. If an update's save game compatible I'll mark it, but if I don't, it isn't compatible sadly. Gotta learn and test it by doing and unfortunately M&B has very few save compatible files.

Hi Banastre,

I fixed some stuff from the Dialogs module file:

Khamukkamu said:
Simple fix to Dialogs:

- Can now recruit Scavenger with 1 Resource from Town Leader
-- I assumed that this is the 'untrained civilian'
- Recruiting Trained Riflemen from Town Leader now takes into account which Faction the Town Leader is in
-- If Recruiting in the New Confederacy, you'll get a new confederate recruit, instead of US Rifleman
-- and so on...

Files included: conversation.txt; strings.txt

Get them here: Google Drive Link

PS: I also included these fixes to Banastre's Bleak Outlook mod. See the appropriate folder within google drive.

I have a folder there that includes my fixes to your submod. You can just take those files and include it in your future release (if you'd like :smile:)

Khamukkamu said:
Hi Banastre,

I fixed some stuff from the Dialogs module file:

I have a folder there that includes my fixes to your submod. You can just take those files and include it in your future release (if you'd like :smile:)

Cheers man! :smile: I'll definitely include it with credit to you. Thank you for this.

Back
Top Bottom