Rigale & perisno co-Submod: Phosphor v20r71 BUG REPORTS HERE

Users who are viewing this thread

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
with yesterday's Phosphor "v.02"  and so far only 1 person testing it from his sickbed (me), I figured I better relay testing progress here.

yesterday's progress:
2) Hunting works at Phosphor, too well that is -- you can't stop getting goodies.  Each time at least tools decrease, even when I move them around in inventory.  I'll have to check fishing/gathering (herberosity - what a name, I just haven't changed it yet)/mining to see if same behavior
  Lumberjacking works correctly!
  Fishing works correctly

3) did manage to turn on all the gathering/hunting/etc spots.  I think I got guilds working too.

4) last night my guys got naked after crafting / guild training.
  5) They also got naked in battles.  This was inventory juggling items possibly by auto-loot; I went back to pure Perisno mission_templates for battle and adjusted anything adding to inventory to protect slots under 10 (head, torso, hands, legs = 4  + 4 weapons slots + 1 mount slot = first 9 inventory slots)
    Turns out 4 & 5 were from script_consume_food -- after juggling the order of items, the troops started eating their own armor and weapons as time passed.  Time passes while learning in guilds, thus I was looking for the wrong cause.  Fixed.  Also got water/wine/ale to be counted and consumed as food, nice bonus on this fix.  Food can be quickly checked as "vegetarian" and "not vegetarian", which will be useful later, as well as "alcoholic" and not alcoholic" for drinks.  These will play a role in the magic system later, which is an expression of chosen religion, making magic rather different than "usual mods".

Tested working - drinks are being consumed now, correctly, as part of food.  this allows also the morale bonuses from drinks.

6) Recruiting in Elvarie towns - offers 0 Rhodok wisemen, but they don't exist, so its looking for wrong type here
7) important fact: as items are moved around, this version is completely incompatible with Perisno .74 savegames.  Start a new game only!

:cool: Camp menu: I used the Rigale menus to sidestep a messy merge issue.  These work perfectly for now.  Look in actions for a cheat menu toggle on /off that's new to long time Perisno users.  The Perisno unique extensions will be added later.

9)  Rigale Bard menu and options working correctly; I gave a performance after leveling up some.
10) Unloot Village  cheat option works!! Yay for me!!

11) crafted ammunition (woodworker) gives feedback from the PREVIOUS thing crafted, it's not telling what you made.  Items are however placed in inventory according to the recipe you selected, working properly.
    Recipes need adjusting for Perisno:
        crafted Perisno hunting crossbow    instead of hunting crossbow
        etc

12) selling prisoners to the barkeep locks as intended - first sale goes through then a timer is set blocking further sales until it "unlocks"
    this is consistent with (latest) perisno .74

13) Lille has an iron mining site that is in the water; this needs to be moved by hand (coding hands that is).  Locations are hard coded.
14) Rigale great fairs are working as intended.

15) Rigale: wounded Old man quest changed morale adjusts on heals and added small penalty if you ride by;
      removed penalty for failure to heal, as you at least tried. 

16) Changed the screen logo to be less Perisno 74, so people can remember this is a raw test not "Perisno .74x"

17) Shaman choices are temporary, and will go away later.  For now consider them a little diversion from the usual, leftover from Rigale.
      The whole "neandertal & shamans"  aspect will change next month.  For now they are local color and not my priority.

1:cool: updated woodworker recipes to be more useful Perisno items.  A bit of an experiment for Fire Bow...

Today's notes:

19) isolated a problem buying guild specialty items (a great source of wood - from lumberjacks, iron - from mining, grain - from harvesting / "Herborosity" guild (I will rename it "Harvesting" later), and should be/ will be soon hides (raw leathers) from hunting (it's venison this moment).  The problem happens instantly after your guild status is > "compagnon" (what a name) - that is, once you are a guild "master" the items sold by the guild are random and buggy.
That's a pity as you need large amounts of raw materials for crafting high level items, and with gathering only good every 30 days you don't get many items.
I'll have to find where its set to 30 days and drop that to 14 days, maybe in simple_triggers

EDIT:    guild items also inconsistent at "compagnon" level.

20) Fertile area out to sea east of Forniron.

PATCH v03 changes:
21) for formations mod the issue of interest is not key F3 but key F1 "hold".  If that key is held down more than 250 milliseconds the command is CHANGED to "go there where the mouse is and hold THERE".  Motomaru considered that a bonus feature, but if hands are shaky or tired or spastic in any way it guarantees units seeming to go off on their own randomly (wherever the mouse pointer happens to be) and staying put there...
  commented those lines in  formations_mission_templates_wb.py and put the formations code BACK for Phosphor patch v03.  (thus finishing the process begun in December for review of formations code).

22) Rigale mission_templates.py put back in for patch version .03  adding a (fairly large) number of in-combat commands.

23) commented out hunting areas for Rigale gathering for now.  That is, they appear but are inactive for now.
24) added new mining for Dwarf lands, moved in Elf, added for Falcons.  Added a falcon lumberjack site.  Moved the gathering site near Forniron to be out of the water.  All of the sites need someone with a map editor to place them more intelligently; else I'm about happy to randomly place them and check if they are in water or mountains then reroll...  For now they are at fixed places set by hand in Rigale, at map locations that would make more sense if the map is still native...

25) put back maps to remove fog of war - they were for sale before but did nothing, unlike normal Perisno.  That's fixed now.
------  edit 4 April 15

26) Old man who you find dying quest isn't working.  You can only choose to pass him by.  That's a pity because it wasn't supposed to be that way.
27) All the RIGALE hunting etc is fixed now . (patch v04)

Basically the combat system has changed with patch v03 and v04.  It has more options and this is under-tested.
  I've been focused on crafting and economy (enterprises, sub combines, a full circle of gathered ingredients to sub-components to finished goods to finished goods that used the first layer of finished goods as one ingredient... an entire chain of activities.  That part I think is working.  Sorry there are only 80 recipes for the moment, but it is simple to add recipes.  The important thing was to add subcombines, automate the guilds more, and prepare to leave Rigale layers for more interesting layers.

Rigale is merged, but I think there is much more than can be done with it, now.  I use this board mostly because, if one "reskin" is all that separates one mod from the next, then to me the code is the difference.  When the CODE can be unique, then the skin is not just a pretty face, but something more alive.  I think that's what the difference is, when you're doing something worth making in the first place.  Not just how many peasants get killed for Your glory, but can the game ever be more?  I think it can.  We'll see together.

- GS

A few minutes of testing Phosphor v.04.

Female Elven character, noble, steppe child, poacher, bow and arrow heirloom (all seemed to work correctly)

Set diplomacy AI changes and economy to Medium, sexism to high, and Battle minimap off (but that does not work, minimap still appears)

Bugs:
Merchant of Forniron would not advance his quest with 5 recruits hired, but would with 6.

The cooking guild had ankle boots for sale.  Some guilds were selling the proper item, some were not.  They sold the item they were claiming to sell, though, I got ankle boots :smile:.

As in Rigale, some guild trainings completed, some required the player to rest manually or exit/reenter the city after the training time had passed.  A third consecutive guild training in a town did not autostart its training.  The rest here option did not work, nor the leave option.  After saving in tavern/reloading the training began immediately.

Mining areas have random City names above their usual text in the screen when you enter the area.

Hunting areas still have the Rigale issue (at least for me) if you go near them, you get a screen saying "Sire, I found (yourcharactername) and delivered your message.  Her reponse was negative."  After that, event messages on the main map dissappeared, but the message log showed a raft of errors for OPCODE: 1075792365 Invalid Party (377-380) Lines No (3-5) (a whole mix of those parties and lines).  Also, while it claimed the hunting returned zero of each item, I found furs in my inventory after.

Pouch of denars quest is bugged, claiming to be from the village of Training Ground, returning OPCODE: 2330: Invalid Party ID: -1, LINE NO: 3 At Game menu menu_quest_rigale_pouch_denars (that At Game message twice) then OPCODE: 521 Invalid Party ID: -1 LINE NO: 7 At menu_quest_rigale_pouch_denars item mno_continue_quest_pouch consequence

Teggs said:
A few minutes of testing Phosphor v.04.
Set diplomacy AI changes and economy to Medium, sexism to high, and Battle minimap off (but that does not work, minimap still appears)

The cooking guild had ankle boots for sale.  Some guilds were selling the proper item, some were not.  They sold the item they were claiming to sell, though, I got ankle boots :smile:.

As in Rigale, some guild trainings completed, some required the player to rest manually or exit/reenter the city after the training time had passed.  A third consecutive guild training in a town did not autostart its training.  The rest here option did not work, nor the leave option.  After saving in tavern/reloading the training began immediately.

Hunting areas still have the Rigale issue (at least for me) if you go near them, you get a screen saying "Sire, I found (yourcharactername) and delivered your message.  Her reponse was negative."  After that, event messages on the main map dissappeared, but the message log showed a raft of errors for OPCODE: 1075792365 Invalid Party (377-380) Lines No (3-5) (a whole mix of those parties and lines).  Also, while it claimed the hunting returned zero of each item, I found furs in my inventory after.

Pouch of denars quest is bugged, claiming to be from the village of Training Ground, returning OPCODE: 2330: Invalid Party ID: -1, LINE NO: 3 At Game menu menu_quest_rigale_pouch_denars (that At Game message twice) then OPCODE: 521 Invalid Party ID: -1 LINE NO: 7 At menu_quest_rigale_pouch_denars item mno_continue_quest_pouch consequence[/spoiler]

It seems like the pure Rigale quests need more integration, probably because I used pure Perisno  module_dialogs.py so the dialogs.txt file has no references to the Rigale quests.  I can fix that in a week; I'll be gone 1 week while travelling without a PC.

Hunting areas always give a false message but sometimes give items.  I'll have to see if that's solved after better dialogs as well.

I decided to focus on the guild items for sale this morning and I think I fixed them for today's hotpatch.  The hotpatch does NOT need you to make a new game; it fixes immediately your old savegame for selling/buying guild items.

For the time spent training issue I should probably make the forced rest 1 hour longer so it ends after you've finished training, by 1 hour.

Ready for a "Bug Hunt"...

the entire Phosphor team showing off a Soviet 6-inch bug stopper.
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEYl8wcGVvU0lxTFE/view?usp=sharing

- GS

gsanders said:
  Ready for a "Bug Hunt"...

the entire Phosphor team showing off a Soviet 6-inch bug stopper.
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEYl8wcGVvU0lxTFE/view?usp=sharing

- GS

You, my good man, are one serious Bug Hunter!! :mrgreen:

-with heartfelt thanks for all the work you've put in here, Perisno & MelsPerisno!

Ok, I have just started testing Phosphor v0.5:

First bug: When an epidemic is in town, both, warning the people or burying the dead doesn't do anything. The skill check simply doesn't happen. Or at least doesn't show in the report.

Would you mind, if I post it on a thread in Perisno? Or does it belong here? Both?

Anyway, Phosphor looks great! Never thought I'd see rigale features mixed with a different mod like this! Simply amazing work GS!

As for epidemics: Rigale had them, they're useful IF there was something a player could do to influence them more.  I think theres  quite a bit that could be done with them, and it awaits someone to do so.  I guess that means me.  There's a nice mechanic to add graveyards and battlefields too, but I pulled it for now.  It would take about 2 minutes to enable at the source.

I'd say the same for settlements -- 70% done but needs more work.
  Not sure hunting spots aren't still bugged.
  Crafting DOES work, as does other gathering.  I'd like to make more spots to harvest from and reduce the 30 day delay to maybe 14 days next.
  I could use about double the recipes too, but was hoping to bum a few new icons for crafting materials soon.  I think they're being made; the Perisno team is warm in that respect.  With more intermediates I can make more fancy crafting, instead of the fairly boring recipes now.  I think they're more cleaned up than they were in earlier Rigale versions, but its incremental rather than revolutionary.  I liked having sub combines and feel its a little closer to RPG style gaming.

--  As for a let's play:
Well Holy Sherman!

I think you can post it as a new thread and I'll sticky it for you. 
  I'm not sure if Pho is ready for a let's play but I promise to make it interesting for you within a month.
  I'm currently investigating the best angle to tackle magic, leaning towards a rewrite of The Gathering Storm magic
as more expedient than Curtain of Fire.  I sort-of want Phantasy Calradia style results but with freedom to organize magic by
different styles  {Air, Water, Earth, Fire, & the one that uses the all "Celestial"}, but with restrictions that vary for each as to whether or not killing gains full XP, a penalty, or how for example food influences the purity of the caster (thinking Air and Celestial should be vegetarians.) 

I know, it sounds flakey at the moment so I'll put a paper with a manual for what I expect and how to tell which style is probably yours, or at least what the people of your kingdom will expect of you in the way of attitudes, likes, dislikes, and such.  You can expect Celestial to be at Fountain Hall, Air to be Drahara and extending partly to Drachen, Water to be Maccavia and Valhir, Earth to be Elvarie and Dwarf (but with some variation in effects), Fire has to be Hakkon, and I'll try to remove shaman quests, Neanderthals, and other such incomplete Rigale merges as soon as I can.  Although a few of them really deserve to stay, like the fox for example.  I'd like to introduce magic as not just for battles but useful for map crossings, pathfinding, healing in and out of combat, resurrections, reincarnations, and of course if you can do all that perma death with built up karma skewing good and bad outcomes.  But that sounds like start of summer, by which time Perisno .8 should be ready to merge in.

Then again, it may be enough to make the skeleton of a system but populate it lightly so "magic" is healing, or a buff to pathfinding, or a teleport, or some other thing that isn't blowing stuff up in battles just yet.  I'm more interested in coding layers than particle effects.  I'm pretty sure the particle effects are already available; I've tested Curtain of Fire and The Gathering Storm so far and theres plenty of effects.  There's some nice multiplayer code in Elven Path, which I also had running last month, and some easy Orc, Drow, and Goblin races there as well.  I'm still getting caught up on making crafting elegant; I need to add a few new stats and slots for data soon.  Oh well I said I wasn't going to write much and its a long read already.  Tsk.

You film it, tell me what you hate and give me a week to chew on it and we'll see just how flexible I can make it.  That at least shows someone tests it, a little, and it could be fun.

I'll stock up on cannon shells in the meantime ...

- GS

--
oh PS:  for Rigale features mixed with a pretty all-inclusive features set, and for that matter much more interesting stuff for a lets play, may I suggest Empires III?  Its a more primitive Rigale but more ships, more factions, more mounts, more diversity, more real estate, more to do in a city (you'll see), and so on.  On the other hand, I *promise* to add unexpected stuff "soon" (TM).  But seriously, it's good stuff.  Wish I had more time to keep up with it.

I'm not sure if you're actually counting these as bugs.

Several "special" areas are in the middle of lakes, or offshore.

Should we be mucking about w/ the skills and crafting?

I "find" :razz: that every time I get lost in a forest/steppe/desert, and wander my way out, I get both a "quest succeded" and a "quest cancelled" message. I still get experience, so I'm not complaining. I just thought you'd like to know about it.

Honestly, I was NOT expecting this depth from Warband. It will take me a bit to adjust to simply wandering about "looking for something to kill". :twisted:

Keep working, and I'll keep poking at it as I get time/inclination. :wink:

OldGreyBeard said:
I'm not sure if you're actually counting these as bugs.

Several "special" areas are in the middle of lakes, or offshore.

Should we be mucking about w/ the skills and crafting?

I "find" :razz: that every time I get lost in a forest/steppe/desert, and wander my way out, I get both a "quest succeded" and a "quest cancelled" message. I still get experience, so I'm not complaining. I just thought you'd like to know about it.

Honestly, I was NOT expecting this depth from Warband. It will take me a bit to adjust to simply wandering about "looking for something to kill". :twisted:

Keep working, and I'll keep poking at it as I get time/inclination. :wink:

Crafting should work, and work well.  I'm curious if getting stuck in towns (can't leave) ONLY happens after training at guild / taking guild lessons, or if it happens with pure crafting as well.  In my observation it happens when many things are attempted at once without having some time pass between discrete steps.  I think crafting has become pretty clean.  its easiest to craft if you take one of the two premade characters, as they are already trained up to around skill 15 in each of the major crafting.  There is a difference between guild membership level (novice, companion, master) and actual skill at doing the profession.  The first is a political thing that gives access to better/faster lessons and steeper discounts on critical materials or tools sold by each guild.
I could remove all time delays except a busy timer, but grant instant gratification on lessons etc then force people to kill time on their own if getting stuck in town continues to be a nuisance.  that's a kludgy way to sidestep what I consider the biggest post-Rigale weakness.

The areas off are because they were originally for native map and not Perisno.  I need to fire up a map editor and find their stated locations, then find a good alternative locations numbers, then go edit the source to use the second set.  I should add 2-3 new locations of each type as well.  That's what I _should_ do.

I need to also implement the two fixes Zeph put for .8, scouts and  culture fix, in as much as they apply to all versions of Perisno including this.

I wouldn't mind adding some new items and troops soon also, although I may as well wait until I have a better reason to break save games.

Finally there is a return to formations that were pulled in December but this time with a hopeful fix to what I determined was the reason units got stuck (the "feature of hold F1 for 250 mS and it becomes a NEW command to go to the enemy unit under the mouse pointer AND WAIT FOR FURTHER ORDERS).  huh?  During a spam fest that means keys aren't seen for 250 mS if F1 is involved AND F1-F2 or F1-F3 sequence is dropped to a F!    new command so F2/F3 waits for the second key of a pair.  Not the right time for my PC to wait and get philosophical on me.  Easiest to pull that "feature" instead.

And then there are at least 8 new commands in battle, for rally troops, courage, heal friendlies point blank area effect, restore stamina, and so on.
  There is a F7 skirmish mode intended chiefly for javelin and throwing axe users to advance to 30 meters of their target and throw until out of ammo, keeping 30 meters separation until untoggled skirmish mode.

There are a few things that do work which I tested myself.  Drinks for example are consumed now and give morale effects as originally intended by Michadr.
I can also tell quickly if a food is vegetarian and a drink is alcoholic, although for now the code doesn't care.  it's just able to quickly and always tell the difference, when needed.  "Soon".  Perhaps it will affect "magic", which may have a religious component.  I don't think I'll do religion, or magic quite as people have become accustomed.  I can clearly see what code became what, following the lineage of each of the magic mods, but although I like the ease of making a test by recycled code, its not really the end destination I wanted.  Other schemas are probably most useful for a 1-3 month test but not much past mid summer.
I'm not sure magic needs to dominate a battle anyway.  Maybe it should be rare and have restrictions or limits, or have some natural reason why its not unlimited.  There needs to be another layer of crafting, of resistances, and of inherent capabilities before putting it in play also.

There is the ability to put other races into play as well.  I could do that fairly soon for local color, but its of equal importance to tighten the layers deployed and make sure at least people aren't stuck in town, which I usually had to visit tavern then press ESC to get past, with auto-save active. 

Well so that's the state of things.  I could use more traffic just to see what changed is still working, especially for big battles.
  Earlier for .74 there were supposed to be womens cries, dwarf shouts, and other things.  If those didn't make it in the .74 everyone plays I'd exoect those to cause issues.  perhaps I should hurry up and post a combined .74 & Rigale etc off my working system, except I work from 2 different physical PCs and I worry from time to time if they're ever out of synch.  I'll look more carefully tomorrow at my work PC for those sound effects.  After that I will be looking to make a new patch that has newraces etc within at most the next two weeks.  For personal reasons I'd like to get it out in exactly 10 days, so expect the next save game breaking patch then.  Maybe I will add races, magic, and reassign cities.  Or reflavor factions.  Or mess with the troops.  Something.  I suppose I should add a few pages to the "manual" for Rigale things and any huge changes, especially if I recolor the factions.

Well, then again my boss may have other ideas for how to use my time, so it all remains to be seen.

- GS

things done for an incremental fix today (will be "patch 6"):
  did NOT add new races, magic, or inventory items

did edit mission_templates to correctly use formAI in modmerger to add AI for the following encounters:
    entrenched_encounter
    lead_charge_ambushed
    back_alley_kill_local_merchant
    back_alley_revolt
    NOT enabled for  ship_battle
    [these in addition to  lead_charge and quick_battle_battle which were enabled before at patch 5]

did add missing sound files that should been in patch 74 perisno:
    dwarf_victory
    dwarf_yell
    woman_yell

I also merged my image of home PCs 74 with work's 74 to make sure the two are equal, to stop any other similar misalignments.
---- lunch time edit:
  I may as well merge the scouts fix  DONE
  and culture change next                  DONE
      1 time culture change is now global to all your villages and towns; both village and town nobles use the new type
      town recruiting menu changes to honor above; village recruiting now honors above.

EDIT: Sunday 19Apr --> $g_players_culture in Zeph's guide for fixing culture should have been
      $g_player_culture  thus the fix doesn't actually take place.  Fixed in source so will correctly update next patch.
      Added additional unlock on tavern selling prisoners from Perisno feedback to source; added in all Perisno 742 changes to Phosphor source for v07

and upload a final merged "full", after lunch. 
  move the gathering spots that are not well aligned on the map and add 2-3 more of each as the map is bigger
    (save game breaking).                DONE      save game would have kept wrong locations anyway
    roughly doubled the number of spots and moved them to make more sense on the Perisno map.

We could probably use 2-3 more ransom brokers next pass also but I won't do that now (savegame breaking).

i dont know if it counts or not, i opened my 0,74 persino save in phosphor and these are results
http://s944.photobucket.com/user/sonner111/library/warband?sort=3&page=1
madamazing.jpg
edit1: when i tried to sell the irons to guild (sell 5 iron...) which i dont have, my character got stucked at town screen

kenjutsuka said:
i dont know if it counts or not, i opened my 0,74 persino save in phosphor and these are results
http://s944.photobucket.com/user/sonner111/library/warband?sort=3&page=1
madamazing.jpg

This is because items are moved around  (I laid out the food specifically so I can code it more quickly to check all the various foods in one quick check, all the various crafting things in another quick check (so merchants might have them) and so on.  After moving so many things around the row numbers are moved for everything else).
  But a save game just remembers the row number of the inventory item (in .74) and says you have x count of the item at row Y.  It doesn't write what that item was.  If it was a pineapple in .74 and now that row in Phosphor reads  "an armored bear", you get the results you saw.  Many variables are moved around so "savegame compatibility" meant specifically Phosphor v05 compatibility for Pho v06.  I'm pleased you played Perisno once but Perisno is something that wont get patched for 2 months while Phosphor is patched every Friday, more or less.  Some people whine greatly if I patch, some if I don't.  Some just want to hang on to their day 2000 game and that's great.  But their bugs will be with them a long long long time, and .8 will make them reroll anyway so you may as well see that's cooking and learn the new systems while they're fresh and new.

I mentioned its not save game compat for .74  A savegame wouldn't know where to put the locations for gathering (which look a lot like a troop party) or what to make of all the rigale "troops" that are really storage locations because that was a convenient way to add new variables without walking on other OSPs.

I can explain, it looks funny, but its not really a bug, more of "working as intended", cruel as that sounds.
  But once you started a new game ( you can use a premade char to instantly get 50K cash, 24ish in all stats, 15 in all crafting, 12 in the most important gathering, 40-50 tier III troops, and generally a sense of uberness.  OR you can start from scratch like before but inheritance is pretty high, and instead of having to use the excess cash to buy stuff, learn to MAKE it.  This will be critical once Robin's "chance to break a weapon (and have it removed from your equipped inventory)" occurs in .8 Perisno.  May as well learn the system now while its still "easy".

There are tons of debug options / cheat menus / things to generally have an easier time getting started.  If you can get harvest skills up to about 7-8 you can make fairly good cash just harvesting lumber, ore, hides, fish and so on; you can also buy materials from guilds, with a higher discount if you go higher in the guild (guild "membership is really about discounts and access to better training, but it doesn't mean you can actually make anything -0- that's the actual skill which improves by lessons 9quickly) or use (slowly).

I'm happy you tried it enough to even post, few people indeed did that much.  I can't say from hour 1 its as cool as whatever you made in .74; I can only say .8 is a beginning of summer thing, and this is something you could do in the meantime, or not.  I'll add many more things.  I was wondering what anyone with an opinion thought of the formations -- back except for the F1 key being defined for 2 different uses, which I think caused a lot of trouble.  Now it is much less likely to get stuck or redefined.

I can add a great many things as hot patches for next time, after which most of the changes are carried over to .8
  Next month there will be things not for Perisno .8, but for the moment its almost pure stuff intended for .8 ready early.

- GS

kenjutsuka said:
my character getting stucked at town page randomly couldnt figure out why

it has to do with the way Rigale kills time during guild training, guild lessons, and crafting.  It's my top priority for bug fix at the moment.  It's been in Rigale for nearly 5 years!  At one point I thought it was solved but it keeps coming back, so I may have to change the way crafting /lessons /etc use time between now and Friday.

The main work around is to choose  automatic save (so-called "realistic save") at character creation and when stuck go to tavern, press ESC key to exit game (which also auto-saves).  Now load game and you enter town WITHOUT being stuck.  You may leave now.  This is very odd.

- GS

Ok just started and ran into few things so far.

1) Can't find how to buy land in the Redwood starting city (Formain?) No money lender tab in city menu.

2) Get the message my party is tired and to go to a town or camp but when I camp, it doesn't seem to do anything, I just kept getting more tired until finally I had to find a town.

3) Entered into an Entrenchment and game went into hard lock.

4) Formations don't seem to be working but not sure as the only two battles I entered my group way outnumbered the other team.  Perhaps the AI just thought a charge was the best option.

5) Found a dying man and tried to help him but now I am stuck in a loop.  Got like 12 treasure maps for trying to help him then tried to just leave him and got stuck in a lose moral loop.  Cant get out of screen.

Anyway, I guess the mod looks like it it cool and might be fun, but these were my issues within 30 mins of trying out the Mod.  Obviously it is unplayable for me in its current state.  Sorry.

Midnitewolf said:
Ok just started and ran into few things so far.

1) Can't find how to buy land in the Redwood starting city (Formain?) No money lender tab in city menu.

2) Get the message my party is tired and to go to a town or camp but when I camp, it doesn't seem to do anything, I just kept getting more tired until finally I had to find a town.

3) Entered into an Entrenchment and game went into hard lock.

4) Formations don't seem to be working but not sure as the only two battles I entered my group way outnumbered the other team.  Perhaps the AI just thought a charge was the best option.

5) Found a dying man and tried to help him but now I am stuck in a loop.  Got like 12 treasure maps for trying to help him then tried to just leave him and got stuck in a lose moral loop.  Cant get out of screen.

Anyway, I guess the mod looks like it it cool and might be fun, but these were my issues within 30 mins of trying out the Mod.  Obviously it is unplayable for me in its current state.  Sorry.

1) I probably didn't merge it because I wasn't a fan of that.  But then again I did merge Rigale Shaman and I wasn't a fan of that either.  OK I'll cut a bit later

2) working as intended in Rigale.  You rest well in a city not in the wilderness UNLESS your pathfinding is high enough so that you have a good starting camping skill.  After that you need companions that boost camping, which are hard to find.

3) I'll look at that

4) That's why I wanted even 1 person to test.  I don't use formations enough to have an opinion of if they "work" or not.  They form lines they spread out they follow me they seem to respond to the commands on the screen.  Enemy stands and tries to use their advantage when they outnumber me.  Not sure its a broken here as claimed, but needs better test.

5) This was bugged in v06 and I hoped I'd fixed it for v07.  Its also a source of campers.  I'll remove it next as I don't like loops and campers could be placed as mercenaries instead next rev.  This would ideally be by moving the troops around, which at the same time solves the attempt to talk to gathering spots.  Those need to be moved past the end of the last troop that talks (or last troop market moved in constants, either/or).

If Brytenwalda and Floris don't work out for you and Empires III has too many unfinished features (its more complete than Phosphor!) then check back in 3 months.  With even 2 testers I can find all the spots to focus on, but this will be raw for some weeks yet, and security blankets are to the left and right of this mod at the moment.  Sorry you "lost" 30 minutes of your time, but even that was useful to me.  I'll likely match you soon.

- GS

I'm not sure where to put this as it's not a bug, but the new changes to Perisno .743 include:

"Bread, Fruit & Butter can now become rotten"

That's realistic.  I wonder if the cooking skill can provide us some trail foods to compensate, though.  Dried fruit lasts a long time.  I've always been told http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pemmican was nasty stuff, but it's quintessential traveller food.  Maybe it isn't necessary since with a large party your troops will eat through everything and with a small party you can use the remaining non-spoiling foods.

I did start into Phosphor .06, but hunting areas are still bugged for me.  I did observe that if one leaves the city after the guild training message has popped up (Novice rank achieved, for instance) additional time passes in wait mode.  Possibly your attempt to fix the no-leave issue?

Teggs said:
I'm not sure where to put this as it's not a bug, but the new changes to Perisno .743 include:

"Bread, Fruit & Butter can now become rotten"

That's realistic.  I wonder if the cooking skill can provide us some trail foods to compensate, though.  Dried fruit lasts a long time.  I've always been told http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pemmican was nasty stuff, but it's quintessential traveller food.  Maybe it isn't necessary since with a large party your troops will eat through everything and with a small party you can use the remaining non-spoiling foods.

I did start into Phosphor .06, but hunting areas are still bugged for me.  I did observe that if one leaves the city after the guild training message has popped up (Novice rank achieved, for instance) additional time passes in wait mode.  Possibly your attempt to fix the no-leave issue?

I like that, I'll look into dried fruit.  We buy dried fruit at the open air Arabian market here and my wife loves dates and such that are prepped this way. 

Hunting areas are a nuisance; all of the gathering spots seem to want to talk to you so I'll focus on that today and tomorrow.
Hunting does work, after the dialog, but its still a nuisance.  Or do you mean the old Perisno hunting?  Thats a different matter, and could be seperately bugged.  One says either  hunting spot  or temporary hunting spot  and the other is a moving herd of cows, goats, wolves, deer, donkeys, whatever (dangerous rabbits maybe next).

I had the forced rest 1 additional hour so that for example you get the guild reward BEFORE the forced rest ends, else it can end and it appears you havent gotten anything until you press a key, which seemed annoying.  But if you try to leave the city and it thinks you "owe" more time with forced rest you are auto-returned back to city.  So I ended up having to
    ("town_leave",[],"Leave...",
      [
        (assign, "$g_permitted_to_center",0),
        (assign, "$g_town_visit_after_rest", 0),
        (assign, "$town_entered", 0),
        (assign, "$g_leave_town",1),
        (rest_for_hours,0,1,0),  # GS clear any rest waiting
        (change_screen_return,0),

like this to force each state such that I am out of town, there is no auto-return, any unpaid balance of rest owed is cleared
(although if my busy timer is set you can't accept more time killing tasks like training until it finishes), and you are popped outside of town.  For v06 and under you kept getting sent back to town if more time exists for your forced rest, which in theory you wouldnt see but some events keep piling on a forced rest under Rigale and its easier to explicitly clear these when a person tries to leave town.  This might interfere with someone's crafting or lessons or guild training if they started that and then decided they were antsy ("ants in the pants" - not willing to stand and wait) and want to leave town.

The town fix happens in .07  which I released last night.  I'll delete v06 shortly, I wanted one more day for .07 to run before dropping the older one.  Apparently there are so many bugs in Phosphor some people run from it like their hair is on fire.  Didn't mention WHICH hairs were burning as this is a polite board and I don't want a rep for being nasty, in as much as I'm a hermit crab squatting in Cernunos's shell over on Rigale forum.

- GS

By the way, turn OFF hard mode at start of game to get back fog of war as Perisno had it.  With "hard mode" enabled your cities only persist for a short time on screen unless you have civilization skill "mapping" known.  This probably is TOO "hard" for now.
I'll change the default next time (for v0:cool:

Merged Persino .744 changes in.  Had some wierdness with two savegames but not a third so exploring that now.

When setting up the shopping list for automatically buying food, there needs to be a scrolling feature. It lists every item in each quality. So you only get as far a Bread options before the list disappears out of screen.

That's an interesting one.  I'd say the solution is to define a "normal food" range that ends before cooked food so your shopping list only has to accomodate normal food.  Perhaps it should be broken into 3 parts to add a "drinks" as well.  I need to move beer and whiskey into the range of drinks so they can influence morale like wine and ale (and drinking water in desert cities) already successfully do, but thats a problem for v.08 (and would break savegame).

I wouldn't have tested this so thanks.  I generally dont use that feature in my playstyle. 
  That's Rubik's custom commander OSP with the auto-buy, as merged to Diplomacy 4.3, and thus its an inherited thing, not written by me.  I can hunt it down though and make sure it just checks a smaller list (in native there are about 1/2 as many foods).

- GS
-----
  EDIT: I'll be looking back at Rigale v11 before I touched it to see if something changed in the handling of hunting etc permanent spots.  I thought it was something with location in troops but that isnt the issue.  What I do think happens is temporary camps lack a party leader which gives an error.  I may need to stuff something inside to not give an error, something I think Cernunos did with battlegrounds. Maybe a butterfly that has 1 hp and no personality, since the spot doesnt move around.

Back
Top Bottom