Discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, it finally happened.  Took all the Vaegir castles and cities, and eliminated the last big (600+) Vaegir army (with a little help from Swadian and Rhodok friends).  Plus took on Lord Turya's Nord party of 69 who had 3 Swadian lords prisoner and nearly 500 other troops.  Got a truckload of Swadian knights, men at arms and sharpshooters from that.

It's great how you can buy off enemies (except the Vaegirs, who wanted me to stick a knife in my heart) and capture lords.  One of the Swadian lords I released offered to join my party, so I took him in for now.  If I release him, will he respawn with an army?  Did his castle or city get taken over - is that why he could join me?  I was disappointed that he didn't add troop slots to my party - after all, he did lead his own army previously.  It looks like I'll be able to give him equipment and stats just like any other hero (except he's level 35 with high numbers everywhere they help with fighting).  Might be worth keeping around.

Can someone tell me why the rhodok king doesn't atack that dammed citye? I told him to atack and he just keeps besieging it like the other 5 vasslas that are whit him, I don't want to waste my army taking that citye, I want to waste the rhodokian army before my mercenary period ends and I can take alll cityes and casttles easly.

The king doesn't have enough troops to take the city, and the lords can't join the combat. Lords and kings lose significant amount of troops when they try to capture castles and cities by fighting for them. I hope this will be changed.

in my current game i have beaten the nords , rhodoks and swadians.
The Problem ist that the kherrgits have 2 armys of 3000+ men and 1 army of 2100+.

i can field an army of 186 men, and its more than tiresome to fight this huge stacks down to a accesible size.

it's always 10 men of me vs 60 men of the enemy...after that repeat again.
it takes many real time hours to fight so huge armys.

That's the problem with taking out too many potential allies.  I sent two allied Rhodok armies of about 1000 each on a seek and destroy mission against Lord Vuldrat's Vaegir army of 900.  They eventually cornered him against the mountains where I could join in and help.  They were the last Vargir army, with no places to spawn again.  Those Khergit armies do seem to be a problem...

I don't have a problem with allies losing large parts of their army in attacking.  Better them than me.  I sent allied Swadian and Rhodok armies to take Sargoth, and they eventually did - almost.  When the garrison got down far enough and there was a break in the attack, I sent them to attack Tihr and finished off the city myself (there were only 7 defenders left by then).  Then I got all the prisoners for my army and didn't get hurt by the loss of relations with Swadia and Rhodok.  By then I didn't care about the loss of Nord relations - they will soon go the way of the Vaegirs.  Allies have taken all but one Nord castle already.

Didn't thought about the option to give commands to my allies to do the dirty work.
I did the fighting almost alone without help from my allies.
I will try to persuade the vaegirs to fight aganainst the kherrgits.

Hey.

Would someone mind uploading this to the M&B repository? I am unable to download the mod from the google site (it doesn't like my dial up, evidently) and I have not found any other links to the latest version.

This mod looks interesting, and I would really like to try it.

Thanks in advance.

Playing today, I got 2 Khergit parties to follow me so I could get them to attack a Nord Castle. When we got their they did nothing they just waited even after I issued the command. What the hell is with that? Can anyone explain?

Lt. of the tower said:
Playing today, I got 2 Khergit parties to follow me so I could get them to attack a Nord Castle. When we got their they did nothing they just waited even after I issued the command. What the hell is with that? Can anyone explain?
I think that it has been explained that allies cannot join you in storming a city and (somewhere above this post, I think) it states that if there are too few men in one of your Khergit parties they will not attack the castle.

I know. It's annoying.

So, I take it nobody wants to upload a mirror? To the M&B repository perhaps?

Tis' a shame, I was looking forward to trying this mod.

Things are getting devious.  Have started getting one allied army follow me into the territory of another ally (but their enemy).  When one ally attacks another, I get to pick which side to come in on.  Sometimes get a lord prisoner out of it - one less to fight later.

I have also taken to selling lord prisoners to an ally who will keep them in prison in a city I plan to take relatively soon (I send allied armies to besiege it first).  Maybe when I rescue those prisoners after I take the city they will join me, since their cities and castles are all mine now.

EDIT: This just happened recently.  King Ragnar remained prisoner, but Lord Aedin is now one of mine after I rescued them from the Halmar dungeon where I sold them.

Also, lord prisoners of a faction I have defeated (Vaegirs) bring me no money and disappear from the game when I sell them to an ally - they are not held prisoner in the city's dungeon.  At least I got them out of my party finally.

Back
Top Bottom