Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Same as how you lose rep if you attack caravans as a neutral, you are treated as a criminal and outlaw and thus attacked like one as well.

There are a few good reasons for the rep-hit, when you are factionless, hunt caravans and siege towns/castles: You are a nobody! You are nothing more than a bandit between established, feudal lords. No, they wont give you a twinkie when you kick their enemies. There are mercenary contracts for this cases.
Also, ashes wants to implement the feature that you can be acceptet between the nobles as true blue-blooded lord. Befor that you are nothing more than a bandit who tries to establish his own bandit kingdom.

But I agree that the relation system needs to be ironed out a bit more. I twiddling with the relation system already to smooth a few things out. Basicly the -10 impact when you are factionless (right now the witness-script only jumps in as long as you are no merc and factionless) should be changed to a relation change based on the battle-values. Also the realation changes when changing factions should be more related to your current standings rather than being set to 0 when peace is made or -40 when war is declared.

When I get a nice solution maybe ashes let me contribute it to the mod. Wouldnt be bad to take off a bit of workload from him...

On the other hand, kingdom reputation increases when you siege a castle and take it from an enemy. My Swadia/Vaegris reputation is near maxed out from destroying the crap out of Khergits. Also, when you murder their civilians (the little stacks of peasants/women) your rep with enemies goes up to.

This is true for castle sieges and murder... But if you eliminate a CITY they hate you.

This seems to contradict the replies.

It's about money. As Machiavelli said, men will sooner forget the slaying of their father than the loss of their patrimony.
If a caravan dies, the parties neutral to the faction get pissed because that caravan could have been going to them. The faction gets pissed for an obvious reason. The opposing factions, given that most of the other factions get pissed, have to go along with it. Furthermore, if they only ostracize the people who take from them and their non-enemies; than they will really catch flak.

I can't think of any half-decent explanation for the city penalty being so obscenely huge. Extreme jealousy, perhaps?

If possible I would like to see the code from band of warriors that sorts all gear by cost at the end of each fight.  Plus more uniques.

Sorted loot isn't hard to do, why do you think its not in native?  Theres a reason for it, which I agree with.  And what the hell are uniques?  Unique items?  Remember what kind of mod this is.

Ashes42 said:
Sorted loot isn't hard to do, why do you think its not in native?  Theres a reason for it, which I agree with. 

With all respect, but I dont think there is a serious reason why it isnt in native. And what should be that reason? That players should spend more time checking the stuff? Sorting doesnt give you any advantage - it only saves time. Some say time is money and I think its better to use your time to play rather than sorting out the useful items. Thats what we have computers for.
I like this suggestion and vote for it. Makes live a bit easier.

Ashes42 said:
Sorted loot isn't hard to do, why do you think its not in native?  Theres a reason for it, which I agree with.  And what the hell are uniques?  Unique items?  Remember what kind of mod this is.

I also was coming in here to suggest those things.  I must be missing something about the 'kind of mod' this is.  I thought the main focus was to be able to carve out your own empire.  Not sure why that means we cannot have unique items.  Custom-made weapons were hardly a rarity.  Throwing a dozen or so into a region the size of Calradia, especially one so war-torn doesn't seem unlikely.  Honestly, I'd rather just have the option of naming a sword (or other weapon) and then have it receive a slight bonus in my hands (due to familiarity) but that seems more complicated that the unique item system.

And I think I see the point about sorting after a battle.  Not terribly realistic, but as others have said, it's more a time saver than really any inherent advantage, and I don't feel it takes away from the immersion.

If these are definitely shot down though, that's your call, but they are the main things that have me spending less time in Bandit King than in BoW.  The extra NPCs would be nice but four is fine for a group of bodyguards/captains and the idea has been conclusively shot down.

Ashes42 said:

Sorry if I offended you, but the sorting of items based off of price just makes life easier.  Especially when I dont have a ton of points invested into inventory management.  With sorted I can pick the three or four good selling items and move on.  I really don't know what the reason is that it isn't in native.  If native was a perfect game then there would be no need for mods. 

As far as speical items I don't see why defeating a king or great general wouldn't give you the opportunity to claim any special weapons or armor that he might have been using.  If you don't want to have drops then maybe you can put a smith NPC in the game that will talk to you after you have enough renown and money and build you something customized. 

Now that I have defended my suggestions I will not be making any more, since you seem to have an unchangeable plan for the mod already.  Good day and good luck with your mod.

Gwhorg said:
Sorry if I offended you, but the sorting of items based off of price just makes life easier.  Especially when I dont have a ton of points invested into inventory management.  With sorted I can pick the three or four good selling items and move on.  I really don't know what the reason is that it isn't in native.  If native was a perfect game then there would be no need for mods. 

As far as speical items I don't see why defeating a king or great general wouldn't give you the opportunity to claim any special weapons or armor that he might have been using.  If you don't want to have drops then maybe you can put a smith NPC in the game that will talk to you after you have enough renown and money and build you something customized. 

Now that I have defended my suggestions I will not be making any more, since you seem to have an unchangeable plan for the mod already.  Good day and good luck with your mod.

No offense, merely a point that was addressed and discussed in the original BK thread.  Alot of people also tend to use BK as a base for their mod, if you want item sorting, feel free to play a mod that uses BK and implements it, or make one of your own(its not very hard to do, you might find you enjoy it ; ) ).

"Special" items are coming, though in a slightly different way than you may expect.  With the new NPC system is coming a new way of handling items.  If you defeat a lord (and he doesn't get away) you will gain access to his armor, weapons and horse.  (I would like a way of modulating this to be more accurate, ala if he took a big hit his armor is broken, or if you stabbed his horse its not there, but I can't think of a good way for this.)  I'm also planning on making the better stuff costly to use, this comes along with some finacial rebalancing for the player and NPCs to make it even.  But suffice it to say, if you don't have some land, you're probably not going to be riding around with full plate.  I also would like a smith of some kind, where you could pay to have armor and weapons made for you, at the expense of time.  The armor would obviously then be of slightly better quality, after all that I would like some bonuses for armor made for you, due to its fitting, but those are a long way away.  So I don't reject what you say wholesale ; ).

I was merely making a point that its not something difficult, and therefore theres a reason its lacking.  Feel free to alter my mod (the source is available the same place you got the mod.)  Make one of your own, use my source and throw items in ; ).  If you release it, I would appreciate credits and shoot me a pm letting me know you did it (just because thats nice to hear.)  Thank you for the suggestion.

Hello,

I hope the developer of this mod will consider having your captured lords imprisoned on your own town instead of dragging them across the map. It would be awesome if you can see them lined up on your own prison like trophies (Spoils of War). And also, if you can hire them once their faction is eliminated. Anyways, "Bandit King" ROCKS! Can't wait for the future updates for this mod.  :smile:

Actually I think it would be really great if the Lords had importance levels. Such as Lords of the cities and richer castles were more important and powerful than lords of smaller castles. And kings should be the most important. I don't know if this is possible to implement currently, but I think it would be appropriate that if a King of a particular faction was captured that all other lords would team up to free  him, almost like a crusade. Because currently no one really cares whether you captured anyone right now.

And to build on that, if it was possible to give personal characteristics to every NPC. So the most loyal Lords would hunt you relentlessly until they freed the king of their buddy lords, while other, more ambitious would make secret alliances with you or attack the towns and castles held by the captured Lords.

But I might be hopeing for too much here. Anyway, some thought candy.

1) I thought this was already implemented? Because I saw about 5 nord-lords team up to annihilate a Lord that had King Ragnar captive.

2) Yes, Ashes plans to give NPCs life and personality.

Oh maybe. I just know that after I captured the Nord king and a few other of their lords they didn't really come after me. There were a couple 500 men armies but I thought those were random patrols that I went after.

but I think it would be appropriate that if a King of a particular faction was captured that all other lords would team up to free  him

I would think it was more likely that they fight amongst themselves to see who will be the next King :lol:.

Just a few things:

1) Able to make own banner. This might be possible using the same thing that you use to make your characters face, not sure how though...

2) RANGER MASTER FROM BoW!

3) Arena Mod

4) Built in battle sizer?

I love this mod, but I'd really like to see two things:

- Dropping captured nobles into your castles/cities instead of having them into your party;

- Make the "aid" thing for heroes optional. I really hate how it works and it eventually put me off playing the mod. :sad:

Also, since the mod it's pointed toward playing as a mercenary/indipendent, more types of mercenary troops would be nice. Just be careful not be carried away with them and making some kind of ubertroops!  :mrgreen:

Maan said:
- Dropping captured nobles into your castles/cities instead of having them into your party;

- Make the "aid" thing for heroes optional. I really hate how it works and it eventually put me off playing the mod. :sad:

- Sell them for good Money (1600 $). But Kings should be worth more money imho.
- I put only two of my companions as "aids" at the start of the game (Borcha and Ymira) for all party skills, and the two others (Marnid an Rolf) for the battle and never change that the whole game. But i agree , when it's possible i would like it to be optional, too.

mavericks said:
- Sell them for good Money (1600 $). But Kings should be worth more money imho.
- I put only two of my companions as "aids" at the start of the game (Borcha and Ymira) for all party skills, and the two others (Marnid an Rolf) for the battle and never change that the whole game. But i agree , when it's possible i would like it to be optional, too.

Well I plan on making your aids/skills give you certain capabilities, for example, your training skill (or your aids) will determine whether or not your men can gain xp to be upgraded between troop types.  I guess I could make it optional.

- Make the "aid" thing for heroes optional. I really hate how it works and it eventually put me off playing the mod. Sad

What don't you like about it, I would appreciate the feedback.  Is it that too get them to come into combat you have to bounce them in and out of aid status?  Or do you feel it's a waste of good NPCs?  Or do you just want every troop on the field?

Back
Top Bottom