Bug reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Ashes42

Sergeant
This here is your direct line of conversation with the developers, talk with us and we'll try and figure out where the problem comes from and get it fixed for the next patch.

Please post your version number and anything that may be helpful to us to know.

I told Marnid to separate for a while, but when I went to get him back, I got the surrender or leave alone dialogue, and I can't get him back.

Also, I sold a a village from a castle I captured, but It never mentioned the village's name in the dialouge, it just kept using my name.

And, I keep seeing in the game log lines that go "March 30 1226 was captured by you met lord Praven's Party"

The surrender or leave alone dialog is strange.  Were you using Marnid as an aid at the time?  I have a feeling thats something that will be sorted out in the next version.  I'm going to have to redo that code anyway.

The selling a castle code, well it's a little messy,  I have a feeling that will come after NPCs anyway. 

That game log line, its starting to really piss me off, can't find it anywhere.

Does it show up on your screen or only in your log menus?  Does it have a format like is it always "[date] was captured by [party name]" or something.

Ok, here is the next round:

When I asked a lord who sieged my castle what hes doing he said: "Resting at Khudan." But he was obviously siegeing Distar castle.

Asked vaegir lord to lift the siege on my castle. Worked but got a red error message. Script Error on Optcode.

Ive captured my first castle (was factionless) and I joined the vaegirs afterwards. They still sieged my castle even if I was on their side. I think there needs to be a check when a castle is captured to check sieging lords if they should lift it.

The messenger system works but without any impact. I was sending messages around but it seems some never reached the recipient. And when they reached the recipient and he agreed he didnt do his job but something else. Maybe the AI-scripts override my order/request?

Also I never had success ordering lords via messenger - they only agreed on requests.

(I tested the message system with maybe 10 messages to a lord who agreed to all favors when asked in person!)

After Ive joined the vaegirs I could ask vaegir lords again and again to join their faction. And they always happily let me join again.

Under reports my relation towards nords says -64 but in the questlog/factions it says -100. I was at -100 before I joined the Vaegirs so maybe the questlog wasnt updated correctly?

Regarding this Assertion failure:
"Assertion failed!
Programm g:\programme\mount&blade\mount&blade.exe
File: e:\develop\mb\program\src\meta_mission.h
Line: 2147
Expression p.stacks[i_member].wounded_number <= p.stacks[i_member].number"

It seems I only got it when I was talking to a lord for the first time. Never got it when I was talking to lords again (so far).

Battles dont change the relation towards the closest settlements most times. I had changes to Mechin, Distar, Tilbaud and Rivacheg when I fought factionless with vaegir lords against the nords around Distar castle, but that was in the beginning of the game. Havent noticed this happend again thereafter. No clue what it may be related to.

There seems to be an error with the troop upkeep. Once I had only an upkeep of 220 denars, but usually my upkeep was over 650 denars. I havent lost much troops in this week but I think it happend cos I transfered troops between my party and my castle. (If I remember correctly I took out most garrisioned units)

I believe I was using him as an aid, though I'm not sure what it does.

It shows up on the screen and in the game log, it's like it's trying to substitute names that don't exist.

EDIT: Marnid is not only on the map as a party of 1, but he's also in my army!  A great multitasker he is.

When I try to hire myself out as a merc, The king just tells me my party strength, two lines of CODE ERROR text appear, and then nothing.

An aid uses his party skils to help you but does not join you in battle.

The Mercenary Bug is fixed for the next patch, which is almost done actually.  I'm just gonna nail out a few more bugs I think, I dunno, I could probably release it now.

About the castle issues when joining a faction.  Theres probably a bug somewhere in there, I don't I think I ever even thought of bringing land with me into a faction.  What do you think would happen in that situation.

Lords will NOT obey your orders, you are of a lower status than them, why should they listen to you?  It's an affront to their dignity, and if anything I'd penalize your relation with them.

If you ask them nicely, they should agree if they would do them in person.  I don't know a reason why it wouldn't work currently, but I'll check it out.

Repeated joining of a faction I suppose is something which will need to be fixed.  The NPC revamp might make the fix pointless though.  I believe upkeep of garissoned troops is less than troops in the field (one of them needs a supply train)  The witness script works on a distance, not always the nearest one if you aren't near anyone.

The assertion error you're getting, I think that might be your M&B install or something, no one else has reported a similar issue.

Got another neat bug.

My vaegir lords sieged Tehlrog castle. I starved the castle out and it surrendered. After that all the lords attacked the castle (0 defenders). I approched the siegeing lord and asked him to lift the siege. He said ok and I got an SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE message. Then M&B opend and window with an RGL ERROR: "failed is_valid_indes(i) (i=11); hint_number 0. After pressing Ok the game crashed to desktop. I could reproduce it 2 times at the same situation.

VariousArtist said:
When I asked a lord who sieged my castle what hes doing he said: "Resting at Khudan." But he was obviously siegeing Distar castle.

He's trying to trick you into leaving your castle, because clearly he isn't there right? He's at Khudan, resting.

HSharp said:
VariousArtist said:
Ok, then there is another bug: The aids join the battle!

Do you get the message {aid name} has left your party once the battle starts or not?

Yes, I get the message that they left the party. That was the reason why I was wondering why they are in the battle.

you get the message they left the party, then you find them in the battle?  thats strange, is anyone else experiencing that?

Ashes42 said:
you get the message they left the party, then you find them in the battle?  thats strange, is anyone else experiencing that?

Well im not getting my aids in battle, but since turning them into aids I only recieved the they left message once, and they are at the bottom of my troop stack.

Ashes42 said:

Did a few more tests and have to say I dont get the message that the aids left any longer. I was sure I saw it once and wondered why the chars where in the battle.
Maybe its cos I have 2 chars as aids?

I'm getting an invisible party member bug while Marnid is an aid to me.  I've had one battle since I made him an aid, and after that one battle, I'm given one invisible party member.  Want me to send the savegame?  I'll let you know if I can reproduce it after another battle, and if an invisible member is added while Marnid isn't an aid.

EDIT:  I wasn't able to reproduce the bug in another battle, so maybe it doesn't have to do with the aid.  What happened when I got the extra party member, was that I was helping a lord against a caravan.  We won that battle, and got an invisible party member.  Let me know if you want the savegame.

A strange message that I noticed in the same game was something like April 8, 1257 of Poor was taken prisoner by Caravan.

EDIT again: I noticed Marnid in at least one of my battles, when he's supposed to be an aid.

One more edit, on the bug with the invisible party member, it happens whenever I help a lord out in battle.  I got another invisible party member doing just that.

Hmm, well about the helping a lord in combat, try the NPCs in Zendar keep, they should have something to give it a fix.  That is a strange bug indeed.  Dammit I can't figure out whats causing these messages.

The "invisible unit" joining ones army are copies of Marnid... It happens exclusively with Marnid. The correlation seems to be one Marnid per battle, but I am unsure of this, it's possible that its 1 per Marnid KO. Perhaps it's "reviving" him when he never died, resulting in two Marnids... I do not believe it has to do with being an Aid (speaking of aid, I have Ymira as one... Her skills show up on the skill list properly, does that signify that I am getting the benefit from them (I.E. First Aid?)). I set Marnid as an aid at one point, but he was not an aid when I received duplicate soldiers to my knowledge. I have 12 copies of Marnid... I can get rid of them by telling him to seperate from me (wait here). In which case there will be 12 copies of marnid sitting on the same tile (or 12 on different tiles if you move each time before telling him to wait here). This has not reproduced itself with any other NPC in the party, only Marnid. I had just won my first castle (a nord castle) and noticed I had 15 soldiers in my army when I actually only had myself, Rolf, Ymira and Marnid. So I told them all to wait seeing if I counted as 12 soldiers for some reason, and Marnid could repeatedly be told to wait, 12 times, each leaving a copy on the world map. When I bump into him, one copy will rejoin (making 1 in the party) but if a pre-existing Marnid is in the party, it will give me the choice of forcing him to surrender or die. Choosing that results in Clone Marnid calling me a dirty scoundrel. When choosing to "charge the enemy" (at least on the screen) the only option is "leave." Doing this serves no purpose as Clone Marnid still occupies the spot.

I believe I have a theoretical solution to this:

Do not recruit Marnid

Until a fix is made, I would suggest all players of this mod to ignore Marnid or get many copies of him. The copies will either litter the world (unless you neatly stack EVERY copy on the same little area) or fill up your army with Marnids. Even though he only registers as one unit (only one appears in combat and shows on the list in party).

Edit: Absolutely amazing Mod, by the way. Native should have had a way to make your own faction. You corrected this. Kudos.

Solace said:
The "invisible unit" joining ones army are copies of Marnid... It happens exclusively with Marnid. The correlation seems to be one Marnid per battle, but I am unsure of this, it's possible that its 1 per Marnid KO. Perhaps it's "reviving" him when he never died, resulting in two Marnids... I do not believe it has to do with being an Aid (speaking of aid, I have Ymira as one... Her skills show up on the skill list properly, does that signify that I am getting the benefit from them (I.E. First Aid?)). I set Marnid as an aid at one point, but he was not an aid when I received duplicate soldiers to my knowledge. I have 12 copies of Marnid... I can get rid of them by telling him to seperate from me (wait here). In which case there will be 12 copies of marnid sitting on the same tile (or 12 on different tiles if you move each time before telling him to wait here). This has not reproduced itself with any other NPC in the party, only Marnid. I had just won my first castle (a nord castle) and noticed I had 15 soldiers in my army when I actually only had myself, Rolf, Ymira and Marnid. So I told them all to wait seeing if I counted as 12 soldiers for some reason, and Marnid could repeatedly be told to wait, 12 times, each leaving a copy on the world map. When I bump into him, one copy will rejoin (making 1 in the party) but if a pre-existing Marnid is in the party, it will give me the choice of forcing him to surrender or die. Choosing that results in Clone Marnid calling me a dirty scoundrel. When choosing to "charge the enemy" (at least on the screen) the only option is "leave." Doing this serves no purpose as Clone Marnid still occupies the spot.

I believe I have a theoretical solution to this:

Do not recruit Marnid

Until a fix is made, I would suggest all players of this mod to ignore Marnid or get many copies of him. The copies will either litter the world (unless you neatly stack EVERY copy on the same little area) or fill up your army with Marnids. Even though he only registers as one unit (only one appears in combat and shows on the list in party).

Edit: Absolutely amazing Mod, by the way. Native should have had a way to make your own faction. You corrected this. Kudos.

Thank you for the excellent bug report, its only marnid?  I will have to check him out.  It may quite possibly be when he *is* an aid, seeing as aids get taken out and then re-added to the party, if hes not getting removed for some reason, you would end up with 2.  I'm going to look over his code in particular, but thats for tomorrow.  It is time for bed now.  I'm not sure if 0.1g is going to get another patch, I've got a number of bug-fixes already, depending on how I feel I may release a patch or just wait for the next version.  Haven't found a real game-breaker yet, though a few are somewhat bad.  Thing is a lot of the mod is unbalanced right now, and I want to bring everything kind of in line.

Ah well, thanks for the feedback ; )

Back
Top Bottom