A confession which has to be made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Warbladers,

There's a confession to be made. I cheated in this Nations' Cup by joining the Georgian Team with someone elses ID.

The reason why
The main reason for it was that I didn't play a single minute for the Belgium & Netherlands team. I'm good friends with the Georgians and asked them if I could play for them, so I would've some playing time this years Nations' Cup. Everyone of the team refused to accept me, but MihaWk accepted me in the team. We thought we had a rock-solid plan to not let anyone know this, but the Nations' Cup admins were too smart for us, and saw the cheating through the our called ''rock-solid'' plan. The plan was that I used a name which was used by the Georgian Team in '13, and tell the Admins that the guy moved to Netherlands, so people wouldn't look up weird if I had the Dutch flag on TeamSpeak3. The main reasons why I joined the Georgian Team is that I would be played all the time, because I'm good friends with MihaWk, the other reason was that we thought no one would look after it, because it's just the Georgian Team - they wouldn't go through the Groupstages anyway. In the end we were wrong, and people found out what we did.

Consequenses and Follow-ups
I take the blame of this all, and I accept the consequenses of me cheating in this tournament. I guess the punishment will be a ban from the final (obviously), and a ban for the next Nations' Cup, and I totally respect that decision.
  • Sorry to every single person I lied to of not being 'Torosani'.
  • I'm sorry to the Georgian Team for even asking to you to play for you, I should've known better.
  • I'm sorry to the Admin Team for even having to start investigating and not being honest in the first place.
  • I'm sorry to the community for all this, I kept silence because I didn't want to cause any drama, and I didn't want to get the Georgian Team punished, but later I thought this was the best to do.
  • Sorry to BeNe team, that I almost ruined their best NC in the history of BeNe.

Conclusion
This isn't something for me, and I don't know what I thought at that moment. But I will promise to you all that this will never happen again. I can assure that to you guys 'n girls. I hope you won't take this too hard, I know there will be some haters, but I hope to be forgiven in the end.

MihaWk's confession (Captain of Georgia Team)
I'm sorry, because it's mainly my fault. I asked everyone in the team and everyone refused to add Tallie to Georgia Team, but in the end I agreed and it was wrong for me, I know. I don't know what I was thinking about at that moment. Sorry for the trouble!

Incredibly stupid. Apologising is the mature thing to do but you've been around far too long for me to accept this as a silly mistake.

As far as I can tell, you apologised because you figured out you were getting caught. Stupid and selfish.

Very sad. I don't understand why people even cheat in tournaments. From what I remember, you were being a big mouth against Russians for cheating, yet you do the same. You didn't play for the BeNe team because you simply lack the skill compared to the top players. NC is a tournament made for the top players of every nation to compete against other nations. Apologizing after being caught is, as Captain lust said, rather stupid and selfish. It makes me, and possibly others, wonder if you're sorry for breaking the rules or if you're sorry for getting caught.

This isn't something for me, and I don't know what I thought at that moment.
I'm pretty sure playing for a team is more than just a moment. It's over a period of time, and it defines who you are and how easy you think about rules. Rules are there to be followed, not to be broken as some like to say.

Have fun playing, Torosani, Tallie.

atleast it is nice of you to write about the situation...so sad to see such things :/ I did not think so about this NC. I was really happy, that RUS was being very nice to everyone,but ye :grin:
You should be perma banned from NC,yeah I agree. But you should be able to participate in WNL/ECS,hopefully.

Cheating is never justified, no matter how little minutes you played with BeNe. You should be honored just to be on their squad. When I played with USA last year, I played only one set in an official match, and didn't even play in some practice matches. I know where you're coming from, but it's not a just reason to cheat.

Stupid thing to do, but at least you got the big boy balls to admit your mistake, a lot of people do not do that. The moment you recognize your mistake is the moment you know you are making progress toward better decisions in the future.

Live and let live, best of luck in the future Tallie and may you always do the right thing.

Captain Lust said:
Incredibly stupid. Apologising is the mature thing to do but you've been around far too long for me to accept this as a silly mistake.

As far as I can tell, you apologised because you figured out you were getting caught. Stupid and selfish.

Indeed. It seems more dumb luck than anything else that Tallie didn't end up playing for BeNe in an official match, which would have risked everything the rest of the team have worked for going into the finals (furthest they've ever been), so I wouldn't be so quick to forgive if I was in that team. Was definitely knowingly cheating, I don't think we would have heard about it if Tallie hadn't already been caught or about to be caught, but at least it's not been denied I guess.

Wonder if we can have a tournament where someone doesn't break the rules sometime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom