SP Fantasy The Bones of Ragnvald (Version 2.1 released!) (Now Open Source)

Users who are viewing this thread

Some alchemist stuff!

Froi said:
Maybe the alchemist could devise new potions to give small stat increases to the troops, and maybe to you as well if you choose to take them.
This is now in:
xj05p.jpg
kJYez.jpg
8tFDR.jpg
Kr2CS.jpg

And here's a couple of the armors the alchemist can craft:
Kqiq1.jpg
vhIDf.jpg

Wendek said:
Lookin' nice.
How do the potions work though ? Is it a permanent bonus or a temporary one ? If permanent, I guess there's some cap ?
Permanent I would assume.  Maybe he can set it to where it gets more and more expensive every time you order him to make a potion.  Could add some dialogue where he explains that some of the plants used to make the potion are becoming more and more rare, therefore the price increases for every one.

A small chance of the potion failing would be cool too.

It is a permanent buff. It only effects weapon profs, though, so it isn't overly useful.

I'll add a 20% chance of failure.

I know the map isn't done yet (well I assume it isn't), but to me it looks a bit too open and kinda bland.  One of the worst things in my opinion in a mod is travelling around on a bland world map, one that's too huge and you never encounter another party.  Do you plan on adding more bandit and like the like parties on the map to make it interesting?

Yes, of course. The map is not done at all, and at the very least there will be more bandit parties and people roaming around the map.

I'm still looking for a modeller for map icons, add map icons for each bit of the map to make it look much more visually appealing also. I don't mean towns by that; I mean mountains that actually look like mountains, dense forests, reefs on the coast, etc.

Froi said:
I know the map isn't done yet (well I assume it isn't), but to me it looks a bit too open and kinda bland.  One of the worst things in my opinion in a mod is travelling around on a bland world map, one that's too huge and you never encounter another party.  Do you plan on adding more bandit and like the like parties on the map to make it interesting?
cwr said:
Yes, of course. The map is not done at all, and at the very least there will be more bandit parties and people roaming around the map.

I'm still looking for a modeller for map icons, add map icons for each bit of the map to make it look much more visually appealing also. I don't mean towns by that; I mean mountains that actually look like mountains, dense forests, reefs on the coast, etc.
Here's a bit of an update on the map:
-n6lF.gif
It looks like crap now, but the point is that mountains and the terrain will look much nicer with it being done by map icons rather than only the map mesh. Many more map icons will be added (with ai pathfinding taking note, as you can see in the gif) so it actually looks good. It's still a bit sparce there for other parties on the map. So far, apart from Native stuff, there are 6 things added. 3 regional minor factions (Sarast, Bulhar, and a quest one) and 3 general bandit parties using the same troop tree but at different levels. Thieves only have thieves (lowest level bandit) in their party, think of them as looters. Bandits have thieves plus bandits and maybe one or two bandit cav, and Rogue Knights are pretty badass. I think you can expect both of those to go into the double digits when the mod is finally released, so the map will be very lively, not to worry. :smile:

And the faction troop trees in full:

Aginnum Empire:
debBl.jpg
Hernar Empire:
i2Jhh.jpg
Kingdom of Erskine:
M0zq9.jpg
Aphillius Dominion:
9-vHA.jpg
Kingdom of Estmere:
Kadb4.jpg
Kingdom of Swangarde:
yq5dR.jpg
Mercenary:
o473p.jpg
rUz_w.jpg

Back to work- started a scene related to the story mode, still wip:
VfwUi.png

New scene:
From the Kingdom of Swangarde lore:
A village in the swamps of Swangarde, known as Mystmyre for it's fogs which seemed to rejuvenate the soldiers, soon gained repute as a trading port, as boats could travel down the river to the Estmere capital of Valencaden with herbs from the forest and swamp surrounding Mystmyre. Soon, it grew to be the most prosperous town in Swangarde, even attracting a few curious visitors from Aginnum as they sought to gain the benefits of the mist as well. As foreign nobles paid Swangarde ships significant sums to be taken to Mystmyre, and the herbs growing near the town gained notoriety, the city gained a semblance of renown for the kingdom; especially as an Aginnum waterborne invasion from the river was repulsed in one of the first true demonstrations of Swangarde's fighting ability.

That is until the Hernar under Ragnvald invaded Aerune in 203 A.D. Swangarde's northern possessions were quickly lost, and Swangarde called for aid from the other kingdoms in Aerune. However, each one declined, assuming that the Hernar were simply tribals and that Swangarde could deal with them with their troops. After it became known that a warlord named Ragnvald led the Hernar army, and that he sought an empire in Aerune, the other kingdoms quickly woke up and sent aid to Swangarde in the form of troops, supplies, and declarations of war against the Hernar.

However, even as an Estmere force helped Swangarde, the kingdom still suffered heavy losses, eventually retreating to their great town of Mystmyre with what was left of their army, along with several detachments of Estmere troops. The siege of Mystmyre looked to be a defeat for the Hernar, but the Hernar lord attempted black magic to conquer Mystmyre, poisoning the fog and turning it black. Many civilians died from the poison; but Swangarde still held out until the end of the war, when Ragnvald was finally defeated, and Swangarde regained some of their lost lands. Mystmyre became forever known as Blackmyre, a shadow of it's former self, with only a few brave enough to live there and pray for the town to return to it's former glory.
rplMz.png

V-TQN.png

Npq34.png

New bandit faction:
Gletscher Herzanok:
During the unification of what was to become the Hernar Empire in the late 190's A.D., many tribes were conflicted as to whether or not to join the confederation or not. Several blood-related Hernar tribes joined the confederation in honor of their ancestral link to one another. A handful of other tribes refused or delayed when the offer was given, due to ongoing feuds with one-another. Several tribes refused out of blood feud with the Hernar. The unsure Hernar tribes and their rivals were therefore the first target for Ragnvald's army, to show an example to the other tribes for disloyalty.

Many these tribes were crushed and many survivors pressed into service in Ragnvald's army in the years following the formation of the Hernar Empire. One clan, the Gletscher Herzanok, were slightly more fortunate.

The Gletscher Herzanok inhabit the iciest terrain in Aerune, to the far north. This has made them very hardy individuals; however, after the battles between the Gletcher Hernarzok and the newly-formed Hernar Empire, the glories of this tribe are now long-gone. The tribe lost any camps and settlements they had. The Herzanok were forced to become nomadic hunters on the northern glacier; with most times they venture south being for banditry.

The tribe is secluded from other peoples besides the occasional Hernar scout or prospector, and pose little threat to the Hernar Empire currently. However, they remain a fierce, tough people, and pose a real threat to any travellers foolish enough to explore close to the glaciers, let alone venture into Hernar land in the first place. It is unknown if they are willing to reason with other factions due to their isolation, but if they are, they will join only if it means reclaiming their lands from the Hernar Empire.

The blood feud between the Hernar Empire and the Gletscher Herzanok continues; but they are no friends to any outsiders who wander into the northern region of Aerune...
Gletscher Herzanok in battle:
fdzZn.png

Here is an album of images, showcasing the creation of a new title screen for Bones of Ragnvald. Both cwr and I have waited until we've gotten the menu just right, and so here it is!  :grin:

http://imgur.com/a/vWNe0

(The image order is from earliest to latest, so you can scroll down and see the changes over time.)

Druidic said:
Here is an album of images, showcasing the creation of a new title screen for Bones of Ragnvald. Both cwr and I have waited until we've gotten the menu just right, and so here it is!  :grin:

http://imgur.com/a/vWNe0

(The image order is from earliest to latest, so you can scroll down and see the changes over time.)

Amazing work!! How is the overall work on the mod going? I suppose that if you are working already in the menu images this means that the mod is near to be released  :iamamoron:

Not quite... I still have to finish making the main questline for story mode- and then there is a bunch of 'want to have' features that I probably won't be happy to release the mod until they are in place. (like new scenes for most towns and a much better looking map) We're still working though- most recently I've been making some scenes for battles to replace the randomly generated scenes in certain locations on the map.

Back
Top Bottom