SP Fantasy The Bones of Ragnvald (Version 2.1 released!) (Now Open Source)

Users who are viewing this thread

cwr said:
The Ranger Outpost of Loagenbrook:
BZIN2.jpg
PURgB.jpg

Really neat! I can feel The Witcher vibes from the Velen swamps from here.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but later on in my game every group of those disciples of invidius attacked no matter the fact I outnumbered them massively, it got kinda annoying not gonna lie, especially when their smaller groups of like 20 people were catching up to me and engaging.

Hyped for the update, found this mod about a week before you decided to start working on it again! Most fun I've had in a SP mod since Heroes of Light and Darkness dropped years ago

Exactly, this mod and Light and Darkness are one of the best mods out there. It's a shame there aren't many storyline based mods  :dead:

Thanks guys, appreciate the compliments.

Teyrn said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but later on in my game every group of those disciples of invidius attacked no matter the fact I outnumbered them massively, it got kinda annoying not gonna lie, especially when their smaller groups of like 20 people were catching up to me and engaging.
Yeah, that's fixed for the new version.

Blackmyre was once a great city, sprawling through the swamps and forest, rejuvenated by the patron Ceynas. These great structures still exist, though in ruin...

ceynas.jpg

Credit to Angry for this scene.

Nestled in the wilderness lies a tavern, seemingly occupied. Who knows what sort of scoundrels seek shelter here...

20190817031528_1.jpg

Thanks!

Also, the discord server is back, spambot-free this time:
https://discordapp.com/invite/bNwTUCF

Included alongside Archie's other projects.

Wow, the story reminds me so much of Lights&Darkness, in a good way that is. The dialogues need some polishing tho. Why would the main character just accept the quest from this Mysterious Person? - I wish more of the main character's backstory could be elaborated, since he/she  eventually decided to side with the good guys all of a sudden. It wouldn't hurt to see more secret locations as well. Inns, Salt Mines, Ancient Ruins etc. - everything that could help further expand the lore.

Thank you!

Pretty much everything you suggest is already in the dev version, I'm glad I can fulfill on those.

Thanks for reading this! I forgot to mention branch questlines, those always seem to help the main scenario slow down a little as it unfolds. Such quests should fit perfectly, since the main story is full of high stakes.  Just make a couple of down to earth mini-stories, come up with something of a lighter tone.
Strelok88 said:
It wouldn't hurt to see more secret locations as well. Inns, Salt Mines, Ancient Ruins etc. - everything that could help further expand the lore.
Once again, this should make the world seem more organic and immersive for the players, as well as help them appreciate the story itself, thus forcing them to dive headfirst into the story without rushing the game towards its final mission.

Also a good idea. If you have any specific ideas for side/branch quests, send me a message I'd love to hear it. Lore locations are already implemented and more are coming.

Work is going to slow down since my semester is starting, but here is a new companion:
20190831223738_1.jpg
I wonder where he was recruited? What you had to promise to get him to join you? :ohdear:

cwr said:
Also a good idea. If you have any specific ideas for side/branch quests, send me a message I'd love to hear it. Lore locations are already implemented and more are coming.

Work is going to slow down since my semester is starting, but here is a new companion:
I wonder where he was recruited? What you had to promise to get him to join you? :ohdear:

"Quest taken: Restore the Senate" -  :facepalm: Oh, well. I already have a -40 with the current ruler for asking him why he hasn't restored the senate yet! We can do this!! :fruity:

OldGreyBeard said:
cwr said:

"Quest taken: Restore the Senate" -  :facepalm: Oh, well. I already have a -40 with the current ruler for asking him why he hasn't restored the senate yet! We can do this!! :fruity:

:shifty:
You are so ambitious.. Nevertheless, I suppose this idea is not difficult to realize: We can imitate the quest of Crimea of Fire and Sword,and set several of quests just like siege city, eliminate the reinforcements that despatched by the enemy, some of necessary and dynamic dialogs, that is enough, but we still wait the response from cwr and he have time to do this :?:

Strelok88 said:
Wow, the story reminds me so much of Lights&Darkness, in a good way that is. The dialogues need some polishing tho. Why would the main character just accept the quest from this Mysterious Person? - I wish more of the main character's backstory could be elaborated, since he/she  eventually decided to side with the good guys all of a sudden. It wouldn't hurt to see more secret locations as well. Inns, Salt Mines, Ancient Ruins etc. - everything that could help further expand the lore.

Your concepts is so similar with mine and it maybe will come ture, so I needn't spend extra time to state my opinion. :party:

Back
Top Bottom