A few minor suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey there! Thanks for making this awesome mod! And thank you dear viewer, for taking interest in my suggestions.

Here are my ideas:
1. Improve the texture on the axis coat, it looks really cool and has nice stats but the texture of it is very low quality compared to the rest this mod has to offer

2. Change raw silk and dyes to coal and iron ore because the dyeworks changes raw silk and dyes to processed steel. Also change the name of the dyeworks to something like a steel mill. Also the vodka distillery says you need grain while the guild master says you need grapes. Sorry about the minor nitpick.

3. Create some high-tier super expensive factory that turns processed steel into machinery

4. Have the weapons dropped by enemies be more cracked and bent etc. I love how this mod drops so much loot for even the smallest group of black bart gangsters but it wouldn't make much sense that every rifle owned by a bandit is in pristine factory-new condition. Not to mention it's rather easy to make a fortune through hunting down black bart gangsters or cossacks and selling their rifles. I understand the modders want to make this game easily accessible (such as having villagers offer many troops up front without having to build relations), but to me it seems a bit overpowered to have so many pricey guns flow into your inventory. I say keep the quantity, drop the quality.

5. Shotguns unique to the Confederate states of Balion. In WW1 Americans assaulted trenches with shotguns (unlike the Europeans who believed they can only be used for hunting). It would be very fitting for this game and it would help create more troop diversity by having troops for short-mid range combat. I'm no modding expert but I think it could work similar to the "missile storm" spell in Phantasy Calradia

6. Better pistols. I'm not saying to change the pistols now, but rather have some pistols available for higher prices. Many of the pistols cannot pierce the armor of high-tier troops and deal very little damage. I'm not sure whether the AP pistol rounds do anything beyond it's +3 damage bonus so maybe this one is a bit needless if the AP pistol rounds are already good enough (I haven't checked yet).

7. More faction-specific units types! Like the shotgunner I mentioned previously, the game would benefit greatly from a variety of units as it will make both the battlefield and the factions more interesting. There are already melee units and grenadiers but I would love to see what other ideas for unit types you guys have!

8. A way to get mastercraft items more easily. Like the armorer and weaponsmiths in with fire and sword. Maybe have it so each faction capital has someone who sells mastercraft items of that faction at an insane price point. It makes sense in the medieval times that an armorsmith will only have what's available, but the industrial revolution has brought about massive streams of guns and uniforms. And perhaps there are a rare few craftsmen that sell high quality stuff to the leaders and generals.

9. Trench warfare. This was perhaps the most defining aspect in world war one and it would add diversity to the gameplay by having long ranged troops snipe inside the cover of the trenches and short ranged troops sneak into the trenches and assault them with pistols and grenades. They could be naturally spawned spawned in certain areas (like how Swadian forests have a lot of trees). Maybe at the borders of the factions? (they don't have to move as borders do, they could just stay at where the original borders were).

10. I think the modders are already working on this one but I would like to say I want it anyway: improved siege warfare. I have no idea how the modders plan on improving on it but having to build a ladder just to break down the castle door (break? More like flip!) makes very little sense. Although I do very much like the idea of having you and your troops break down a door instead of building things to go over it. Maybe change it so there is an option (rather than a requirement) to build artillery to break open the door at a much faster rate.

11. This is an idea I have for both this mod and all warband mods but I'll post it up here: for feasts there should be an "Eat, drink, and be merry" selection available when the player has access to a feast which (after a period of time) will increase the relations with all vassals attending the feast once per feast. The amount increased should probably be something like half your charisma rounded down. This way, you can benefit from better relations at feasts like the AI do (at least I think the AI have better relations with each other from feasts).

12. A Native American faction. They could be a small faction like the kingdom of Helvetia with only one town. They specialize in melee units with tomahawks and archers, allowing archery and thrown weapons (like the throwing knives Klethi has) to be more readily available for players to use. I'm not sure what tribe they should be based off of, but they most certainly must have tomahawks.

13. A museum (neutral location) where the player can buy mastercraft medieval weapons. You wouldn't expect a 15th century claymore to be readily available at your local gun store, now would you? Not to mention how cool it would be if you were a knight riding around with a machine gun. (Although that may seem a bit too goofy for this game)

14. Another feature the modders are working on but I still want to throw my two cents in: bigger differences between ideologies. Communist regimes could have a more egalitarian army structure with more troops with lower AI battle strength. Not to mention that communist towns allow you to still build and operate private property.

15. Strength requirements on the machine guns, and maybe make it so heavier machine guns with better accuracy and damage can't be used on horses for balance sake. I hate to be "that guy" that demands realism but maybe a buff to the machine guns (maybe letting you use the bipod if you're crouched) would be a neat addition.

16. Speaking of machine guns, the assault rifles are very little else beyond machine guns with a smaller ammo capacity. I have no clue how the assault rifles were like back then but I could do with some more weapon variety (that I know is already being worked on). Weapons types should have varying accuracies for balance sake. Sub-machine guns should have decent hip-fire accuracy at the cost of not being highly accurate anywhere else. Assault rifles should be inaccurate while moving (and even more so when mounted and moving) but gain an accuracy bonus the more still and prone you are. Machine guns should have horrible hip-fire and moving accuracy but should match up with assault rifle accuracy if prone to balance out its large ammunition capacity (and maybe longer reloads on the machine guns too). This also adds to my "increased troop type variety" I mentioned earlier with sub-machine gunners and machine gunner each fulfilling a different role.

17. Trucks and jeeps where the only weapons that can be used are pistols.

18. Trench knives. You know, those badass knives that had a brass knuckle as a blade guard?

Thank you for your time and I hope you've enjoyed reading this and you'll take some of these ideas into consideration.

You can't make trench warfare in single player Mount&Blade: Warband. AI is so bad that they will stuck in trenches. They won't make it. Also if they did this, when you exit trenches... Booom headshot, you are unconscious.

Also you are right about medieval weapons. I heard that in Gallipoli Campaign, Ottomans used medieval cannons for improving defences. Actually I want lancers in my army. More lancers for backstabbing enemies. And bulletproof armors. In this link* they says that first experience of bulletproof armors in 1561. We can find talented blacksmiths for making special bulletproof armors.

*: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletproof_vest#Early_Modern_era

and they can find vehicles from Calradia Modern Warfare mod. It's OSP and you can find devo version.

Back
Top Bottom