The Fearless Pride

Users who are viewing this thread

Elendil

Regular
Hello,

To those of you who don't know me, my name is Elendil. I am a leader of a clan that primarily plays Total War games, however, during one of those long times in between major TW titles I got a chance to play WFAS and now, close to 7,000 hours later its one of my favorite games.  Well to be honest it is THE most favorite game.

Even in Total War, I frequently held tournaments.  And over the previous three years, I have paid out nearly $1000 in prizes.  However, unlike most tournaments mine are invitational and the reason for this is because all of them are prize tournaments and I believe a "GAMER" is someone who is not only good at the game he plays but also carries himself with dignity it takes to play the game - and it is those players that need to be rewarded for ethics, sportsmanship and fun.  So I decided to hold tournaments in WFAS in the same spririt.

A small note, we are far disorganized as players in North America... Most of the players are quickly to hate you cause you make a good shot and once we are past "Which Aimbot version you use" part, things progress to insults.

Also, we have no real dedicated servers.  Most currently open to NA players are run by players who make it purely unplayable.  It is not the first time I saw scores of people from Europe who barely able to play considering the ping, just quit in frustration after team killing, admin abuse (which is at horrific levels in North American forums).  All said, its not a fun place to play but considering ping issues, it is either that or no game for North Americans. 

My first tournament will pit a group of eight players in two stages for each of the give categories - Horse Archery, Horse Gunnery, Archery, Gunnery and Melee.

The winner of each category will receive a $10 prize. 

Our first category is a Horse Archery.

That said, I am also a believer that it is good for community to know itself and I decided to do some interviews.  I am also trying to arrange for a live stream of the semis and finals of each round, but that is still in the works. 

Please let me know what you think.  As I am new to this forum, I thank you for your hospitality. 

P.S. My apologies to admins if this is posted in the incorrect section.

Elendil said:
Sounds sick! Sad it's in NA then i guess, but good luck with it!

Elendil said:
A small note, we are far disorganized as players in North America... Most of the players are quickly to hate you cause you make a good shot and once we are past "Which Aimbot version you use" part, things progress to insults.
Welcome to M&B  :fruity: :party:

There is so many things wrong with what you said in this forum post, so I will gladly correct them for your own sake and reputation as a "GAMER."

Throughout this post, you obviously were talking about a lot of players directly and not the community in general. Everyone knows who you hate, why you hate them etc. We all know how good of a player you can be, but you seem to take this "game" far too seriously.

"A small note, we are far disorganized as players in North America... Most of the players are quickly to hate you cause you make a good shot and once we are past "Which Aimbot version you use" part, things progress to insults." ~ Elendil

Yes, the North American community is highly disorganized. That's definitely why we're the ones organizing probably one of the biggest if not biggest tournaments to hit the WFaS spectrum in a long time, The World Cup. There's so many inconsistencies here, and I do plan to point them ALL out. You obviously have no sense of humor because the WFaS NA community really all know each other so we like to joke around and mess with each other. If someone "hates on you," it's obviously sarcasm at its finest. Moving along:

"Also, we have no real dedicated servers. Most currently open to NA players are run by players who make it purely unplayable." ~ Elendil

Once again, this is a complete lie. NA_Battle_of_the_Bastards is about the only fully dedicated server in the NA community. I would also love to know what makes the server unplayable, please do tell me that? We do our best every time we get on to make the game the best that it can be and ensure players a good time. An occasional teleport of guys that know each other or spawning flags early because of how hard someone like you camps is pretty justifiable in my opinion.

This post is very cringe worthy and a disgrace to the NA community. Think twice before you come next time onto the ONLY dedicated server in NA at this point in time. We try and do our best to keep this community thriving, but you're just pretty flipping us the finger. I'm sorry that you can't handle jokes, or take a few smirk comments, most of us can because we know it isn't intended in a serious way.

Good luck with your tournament bud! (I fully mean this) I'm not looking for enemies or negativity. This is supposed to be the place where everyone can have a great time and get a few laughs in.

Elendil said:
Hey Bubs,

I am not going to write a long post explaining why you are wrong on those so called "corrections" but I can only assume that you play very little time lately on the NA server that you just mention.

For a period of last week alone, I was team killed three rounds by players well known to you.  Furthermore, two days ago, Alejandro, and other admins repeatedly teleported me away from the battle so that I could not help my teammates and 6 rounds in a row killed my horse at the start of a round on one occasion.  Two days in a row an Alejandro simply kicked me out of the server. 

And Bubs, don't tell me that I take it too seriously.  We are all unique people - we come to play the game the way we want.  I do not interfere in your style and I ask you not to interfere in mine.  For the most part you have respected it.  But give an idiot an admin right and things get out of control.  Also remember, that I am not part of your clique... and you boys sometimes forget that what maybe "occasional" fun for you is not fun for others. 

Two weeks ago, two of your "friendly" admins in that same NA server, went all naked vs a team of two polish players with a crazy high ping.  Despite that, the Polish boys played very calm game and at the end, these admins equipped themselves with rocks and armed their teammates with rocks and proceeded to pelt the armored Polish players with rocks for nearly 3 minutes as they moved in frustration surrounded by six naked guys throwing rocks... Fun right? You "friends' did that for three rounds after which not only did the Polish players left but a German guy.  I repeatedly asked Magician (who also actively participated in that) that it was not fun and not fair for and that players will leave the game. No one listened, and to top it off I was kicked.

So we clearly have a different version of what goes on in your North American servers... but one thing is for sure mate, there are a lot of players who don't have time to come and post, but they are still part of this community cause they come and play this game.  Do not let your fun ruin their game please.  If you want to enjoy your "kind of fun" among "your kind of friends" then please, by all means create a password protected server and team kill each other, teleport, arm yourselves with unique weapons all you want.  Just don't ruin it for the rest of us. 

I don't have any problems with you.  And I wish you luck in your games.  And if you have any comments/concerns please pm me... This thread is just for the tournament.

I love you Elendil. Keep on sniping!

Mexican Sniper Interview

Today I had a chance to sit down and have a conversation with one of the newest players in WFAS who has been making incredible progress in the game. As he became one of the participants in the Fearless Pride I took the opportunity to ask him a few questions and get to know more about who Mexican Sniper really is.

Question 1: How did you get into WFAS multiplayer scene?

I started playing this game because Mexicans were suckish in this game and a person named killermuffin asked me to play.

Question 2: Tell us briefly about yourself?

Well, my name is Humberto and I live in Montclair, California.

Question 3: In this game there are three classes a player can choose among the five available factions? What is your most favorite class and why?

My favorite class is a Shooter class or Musketeer. Swedish Musketeers are my favorite. They have the right set of attributes and seem stealthy to me in many ways.

Question 4: Playing in North American servers, you encounter a lot of skilled players... Who do you fear the most or admire the most among our small community?

The person I fear in game the most is Myth, because he has a skilled shooting abillity and the most person I admire is Killermuffin because he showed me the ways of Mount and Blade Fire with Sword.

Question 5: Both of those guys are great players, in fact, Myth will be taking part in this tournament... If you both advance to the elimination stage, how do you plan to eliminate this incredible player?

My plan of eliminating him is, to be patient when he is still on horse. That probably means moving myself positioned a little far away from him and try to unhorse him. Making him less mobile is the key.

Question 6: Perhaps this should have been asked earlier.. but in first stage, you will go three rounds vs 20 bots... Your job is to get as many kills before dying... Losing a horse will also end a round... Do you have a plan on how to eliminate the bots on the open steppe map?

Well in this case it will be dificult but I am going to attempt to eliminate them from far away hoping to get as many kills as I can from long range.

Zagoroth Interview

Following an interview with one of the new stars of North American WFAS scene, I had a chance to converse with another NA player. He needs very little introduction, and chances are we all have been shot, slashed or blown up by his ponytailed presence at one time or another. Without further ado, Zagoroth!

Question 1: Can you tell us briefly about yourself? Where do you live? How old?

Zagoroth: I live in Utah and i'm 21 years old

Question 2: Zag, for many North American players, your name is synonymous with either exemplary shooting or incredible melee... What is your favorite class amongs the three and why?

Zagoroth: Uhhh my favorite class is definitly musketeer but I like doing cav gunner too

Question 3: You are a constant member of North American servers but it seems you are also participating in many international matches. That means coming into contact with many players here and world wide? Can you single out one player you fear the most and one that you admire the most in this game?

Zagoroth: Ummm, I think overall the player that I fear the most is probably Alejandro and He's also the player I admire the most for sure

Question 4: The small tournament that you will be playing this Sunday will be divided into two stages... In the qualifying stage you will be riding vs 20 bots for three rounds? How well do you think you will do? And what if any is your plan to eliminate them?

Zagoroth: Well I've been playing for a really long time now so I think i'll do pretty well at any of the challenges. as for players to eliminate, I dont really know who all is participating, but i'm pretty sure I can beat them :wink:

Question 5: This tournament features also five categories: horse archery, horse gunnery, archery, gunnery and melee? How do you feel you will do, considering that your opponents are such players as Myth, Sharpy, Kid, and others?

Zagoroth: I think i'll do pretty well but Sharpy is gonna be hard to beat in cav, and myth and kid are gonna be reaally tough to beat in the melee. But I think i'll do well

Question 6: One last question before the tournament start... Regardless of your winning purse - $10 or $50 - do yo know which steam games you want?

Zagoroth: I dont know which steam game I want, if I win the 50 probably dark souls 2

Sharpypens Interview

Another famed Yank to take part in the tournament tomorrow is Sharpypens. He is sharpy - make no mistake about it. As long as there is a pony under him, you better run or hide. I took a few moments to ask him a few questions about what makes Sharpy so sharpy!

Question 1: Sharpy, tell us briefly about yourself? Age? Residence?

Sharpypens: I'm some derp in Georgia (not the former USSR satellite state). I'm older than Mexi >.>

Question 2: To be honest, the last thing many of us have witnessed prior to new round screen, was the point of your Polish lance. Tell us about your favorite class and/or faction and why?

Sharpypens: I actually started out playing mostly musketeer until I realized how quickly I could kill large numbers of people as cav, as for my favorite faction, I can find something to play on all of them except Muscovites.

Question 3: You are a player of a certain renown, especially as a horseman, who do you find to be one player that you fear the most, and who do you admire the most?

Sharpypens: As a cav player, anyone with good aim and a gun are spookyscaryskeletons. That said, it's usually Elendil's musket or Ale's pistol. I find that in cav to cav battles, Jeff's my biggest danger.

Question 4: Tomorrow's tournament features some great players that will be first going through qualification stage and then possibly into elimination round (if you also qualify), who do you think will give you a greater challenge out of them? (Kid, Myth, Mexican, Zagoroth, Redkit or Snowmanassassin)?

Sharpypens: Kid, Myth, and Zags are all competition I can't scratch off, I dunno whether or not Mexi has gotten good (I refuse to admit it!). Redkit, I am not sure who that is.

Question 5: Tomorrow stage will pit you against 20 bots for three rounds and nothing but 90 cheap arrows between you and them... Do you have a plan or are you going to just wing it?

Sharpypens: No impact kills? Darn. Honestly, just use cover to minimize the number of bots shooting at once and hope that a pike doesn't stop me

Question 6: One last question, Sharpy. As this tournament features five categories and the players you already know, how many categories do you think you can pull of and what if any game do you wish to get if you win?

Sharpypens: Well, I'm definitely not going to win all of them. As for the game, can we wait until a sale? If yes, probably Fall of the Samurai... if not probably CS:GO or King Arthur's Gold

Come right now... Sean... we are about to start in a few minutes.

Apparently some players are in an international match so I am going to wait up to an hour so that they can safely compete in their match vs Poland.  Good luck guys.

Ele

P.S. Thanks Marth... I don't know Captain Lust, but I hope you were making a compliment. :smile:

Thanks Brutus...

By the way, any one interested, please find us on steam group name THE FEARLESS PRIDE. Join our chat room!  We are starting in ten minutes!

Quick update...

Six players participated in qualifying round... two less of the scheduled 8.  The top two kill counts were by Sharpy (22) and Sean (7).  I would like to note that Sean got twice super unlucky as bots made unrealistic two long range shots in the first two rounds, and Sean was able to get all his kills in the last round! 

So the final match featured a quick open horseman duel between Sharpy and Sean. 

As a spectator for FIRST TO FIVE VICTORIES match up between these two excellent horsemen, I think that it was Sean's choice of horses that played the most dramatic part in the highly contested match up.  This match allowed them both to max out their respective riders and outfit them in the finest manner.  Furthemore, a special rule stated that a dismounted player cannot win a round.  This meant that once dismounted, a player can force a draw by dismounting adversary as well.  Sean, for his choice, decided to go into battle on a racing horse.  While this gave him a speed advantage, it presented him with a somewhat vulnerable mount.  Both players opted for shields as part of their inventories in addition to arrows and bows.

Sean took a quick lead scoring 3 quick kills.  Sharpy, scored a kill of his own making the score 3-1.  Sean secured another kill and it looked almost as if he secured the match... Sharpy, however, finally began to capitalize on the racing horse's weakness... He scored three kills by first dismounting Sean (prohibiting his own loss) and then following it up with killing arrows on the horseless archer.

With a score set at 4-3, Sean switched the mount and both players displayed identical set ups.  Sharpy managed to score two kills and secure the win.

A note, 3 of 4 Sean's kills were headshot... Whether luck or skill, I can't tell, but it was an impressive statistic considering his opponent was a tough horseman to beat.

Also, another note, only one round ended in a draw as both riders managed to kill each other's mounts.

Ele

Flash Tourney complete... It was a DEATHMATCH rampage of 15 minutes... Mexican Sniper won the tournament.  He chose M&B Napoleonic Wars as his prize!!!

Congrats and happy hunting next time! :smile:

Ele

Myth5hk Interview

One of the most amazing players to watch and fight with/against in WFAS (at least in NA scene) is Myth.  He is the player I believe embodies all the right qualities that make any gamer good at what he/she does.  Myth is honorable, respectful, skilled and very tenacious at killing his 'foes'.  As you all know, there are legends and there are myths... Legends tend to be semi real because some of the things they have done appear realistic.  Myths, my friends, are quite extraordinary because all of their deeds and actions lie deep within the realm of extraordinary... And this Myth is no exception! :smile:

Question 1: Tell us briefly about yourself?

[Atomic] myth5hk: Gosh lets see, born in PA, moved to Hong Kong when i was 10, live and traveled abroad quite a bit. Came back to the US Las Vegas when i was 21 and currently  living/working in Las Vegas oh and i like playing computer games :smile: like WFAS

Question 2: You are known as a pretty versatile player, and your reputation does precede you... which faction/class do you find the most suited for your style of play and why?

[Atomic] myth5hk: Well i usually would prefer a fast faction like crimea or Cossack with a pistol/Cossack sword. That would be my preference but i have recently been practicing playing as a musketeer only and practicing my long range shots and i must say i think i have improved quite a bit in that area. So it really depends the situation and who i'm playing against

Question 3: Personally, I find the speed with which you close the gap with the enemy simply breathtaking... after that  it is "lights out" for the enemy.  So considering your style, who do you find to be your deadliest foe? And who do you choose to be your one wingman if you had to?

[Atomic] myth5hk: wow, that is a complicated question i think as there are so many people to list. I don't know how skilled i am these days as it seems that the skill of all the players has increased so much. I think my deadliest foe would Mags in this respect, he can kill from horse, from afar with a musket and up close with sword in his hand.  A wingman of choice i think would be Oswin or greymuffin, not only are they both skillful players these days but they also know how to work as a team

Question 4: In the upcoming melee tournament, a player will be required to show skill with at least 4 factions, and if there is a tie, possibly all five factions? Which three factions you are confident you can secure the wins with?

[Atomic] myth5hk: oh for sure Cossack, Crimea, next would be Poland probably. I seem to have the most trouble with Muscovite and then Sweden i am sure the worst at.

Question 5: Since there about four categories left, it is possible that you might win them all and get a $40 Steam credit for your performance... What game would you want if you were to win it all?

[Atomic] myth5hk: let me look at my wish list :smile: there are quite a few i would like to get, or maybe wait for the Total War Attila blood pack? :smile: But actually to be honest i don't think i would be able to accept steam credit, just not me really. Best to keep it for the next one or give to the runner up? I would be happy to see my name as the number one on the listings! That is prize enough for me :smile:

Question 6: Last question, Myth, if I may... since there are so few maps on WFAS and you keep finding the way into enemy positions without a problem, what is your favorite map and why?

[Atomic] myth5hk: i would say marketplace, its a great map for running around but over done, i think my fav one is actually the Tatar town i think its called? Anyway the one with the camping tower and the big mountain that ppl glitch on. I find that it has a lot of areas to take cover, a lot of areas to snipe, a lot of areas to surprise ppl from. Just a great overall diverse map that allows players to try their hand at any play style

Best of luck to Myth in his tournaments!  And may we all be spared the swiftness of his Cossack blade! 

Ele

Melee Tournament on Sunday, March 15th, at 12 (noon) Pacific time.

8 Players only will be allowed.  First come first serve! :smile:

Prize: $10 to the winner!  Additional $5 to the tourney winner IF he had achieved a BEST OF FIVE round sweep (3-0)

Good luck all.

Back
Top Bottom