VC Modding Dream - Collection of ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kalarhan said:
ACOK code is close source, so unless you can point out a OSP
I thought you know what OSP he is using, because I don't believe that this is his own code. But if you don't know where he got it... I don't know it a fortiori.  :neutral:
JuJu70 said:
Take a look! Generated quests in ACOK are polished and all of them work flawlessly, including the vanilla ones, which have been reworked a little bit. For example, when the band which you need to catch is interdicted by some other party and you join that fight the quest will not fail, it will be successfully completed.

That really doesn't require anything special, but I believe it's not a bug but a choice - you didn't initiate the fight, so the party isn't counted as destroyed by you which is logical (to me).
There are much more than just this. New quests. And other tweaks of vanilla ones.

Sobakozoid said:
There are much more than just this. New quests. And other tweaks of vanilla ones.

Hey @Sobakozoid. This is a open thread to collect ideas for things we (not just me, any modder) could add to VC. I like your suggestion about quests and I have some added to the list (and some implemented on my personal mod).

Once you played ACOK more (I am not playing 2.0 right now) you could come back here and list the things that look cool. If you are not a modder yourself you will need to add details (design for the suggestion) on how things could be improved. With that maybe someone will take notice and we will see this on a submod  :smile:

Thanks for the idea and I look forward to see your detailed suggestion in the future.

Cheers

More Christian looking Christians.
Give the saxons more swords and kite shields, along with flags of Wessex/Mercia painted on them

Kill count after battle for named characters would be very nice. It was in Brythenwalda, sadly there is not in VC. This is saga after all, great deeds etc.

toster said:
Kill count after battle for named characters would be very nice. It was in Brythenwalda, sadly there is not in VC. This is saga after all, great deeds etc.

added to the list:

After battle report: include stats about companions kills (like in Brytenwalda), so you can see how your companions are doing in battle
  - consider to make this a permanent stat and include it on reports (so you could see a companion kills over time)
  suggestion from @toster

DerHerbst said:
kalarhan said:
SomeHairyGuy said:
I think Kalarhan's looking at returning the execution functioning in one of his tweak packs.

Hum that is on my personal mod, not on a pack for the public actually. But as anything on that thread, it is a idea that any modder/player can use  :cool:

Cheers

Please include this on a public mod! 

It would be great if choosing to execute gave two menu options: 1 for normal execution and 1 for the Blood-Eagle.  Normal execution would incur great penalties as usual.  Blood-Eagle could be double the penalties!

I'd love to return to Frisia in story-mode and wipe that smirk of Jarl Harald's face while his lungs pump uselessly across his backside  :twisted:

quote to include the suggestion for two kinds of penalties.

Hey guys, please permit me to add some wishes of my own for a VC mod.

1- What i really miss in VC sandbox mode is the possibility to enlist in a lord's army, just as in Brytenwalda. Fight alongside other soldiers, and see the world with them, not wandering alone.

2- Character creation: eye colors. I hate being blue eyed all the time.

3- faction relation chart table. That was an awesome time-saving feature of Brytenwalda, I dont understand why they took it out from VC.

4-story mode: more complete and longer story. Possibility to recruit asturian soldiers somwhere - add some characterisitc armour to them so they dont look just like vikings.

I think I'lll be back with some more soon.

Thanks for reading.

Hey guys,

VC RE beta is now out and as you can see for yourselves many ideas here are now outdated, as they are part of the game itself in a form or another.

I will close this topic now and we can open a new thread in the future, after people have got time to explore the new version of the game.

Feel free to use any ideas posted here as you wish  :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom