Vikingr Duel Tournament

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrix

Squire
Hail everyone!

Perhaps we could organize a Vikingr Duel Tournament in the upcoming months. Players could sign up on the forum and then they would be paired. Depending on the number of players that sign up there would be several tiers of tournament (quarter, semi-final and so on).

It would a melee tournament naturally and instead of doing the "first to 7 wins" like in Native and With Fire & Sword tournaments, players would be allowed up to 3 shields - when one breaks, you can take another one. Something like this: http://youtu.be/rRVZtmhvkas

Also, it would be nice I we could have a special map for the tournament - I was thinking something like in Viking Conquest in the quest where you fight the berserker in the circle of runestones.

Lastly we need the server for it and that's the most difficult matter so far, but I am sure we can overcome it.

Of course, this is all just an idea, but if people show interest in it, it would be really fun and would give them the chance to know each other better.

Cheers!

If there's enough interest and this goes forward, the server shouldn't be a problem.

As for the map, we have a nice Forest Holmgang duel map that is rarely seen. :smile:

Three shields per person + the slow vikingr combat speed? No thanks. Get two decent fighters together and you won't see the end of it.

Vebjørn said:
Three shields per person + the slow vikingr combat speed? No thanks. Get two decent fighters together and you won't see the end of it.

I agree, having three shields might make for an excessively long duel. I like the idea though, and it adds a bit of variety in terms of events

I find using three shields more realistic than having like 7 fights to decide the winner.

Glad you like the idea. X)

hrotha said:
If there's enough interest and this goes forward, the server shouldn't be a problem.

As for the map, we have a nice Forest Holmgang duel map that is rarely seen. :smile:
How many people do you think we need at least?

Interesting idea, sounds fun. Would sign if this event occur.
Don't forget to share it with other players!

He. This could be a nice way of training without worrying about screwing up and the team losing a battle because I was too useless to defend myself.

As many as you want because i imagine this is how it would go  :lol: (note i'm not a fyrninga)
ROOEvZh.png

We had a Holmgang event bloody ages ago, first was a success but not many people showed for the second. I spec'd for a bit and even had a RP betting system planned but we scratched that, me and Leo were always doing **** like that. ComingWinter organised it if I recall and had a map made up for it. Unsure if the map is in current versions, we lost quite a few of the oldies, might be kicking about if anybody has some of the older Vikingr versions backed up, I lost my copies a while back when my HDD died.

Found the old thread, tada.

Æthelwulf said:
We had a Holmgang event bloody ages ago, first was a success but not many people showed for the second. I spec'd for a bit and even had a RP betting system planned but we scratched that, me and Leo were always doing **** like that. ComingWinter organised it if I recall and had a map made up for it. Unsure if the map is in current versions, we lost quite a few of the oldies, might be kicking about if anybody has some of the older Vikingr versions backed up, I lost my copies a while back when my HDD died.

Found the old thread, tada.

I believe I have seen that map on a server fairly recently. Erlinga server(?) or something like that.

Well, as Hrotha said, we have a map and getting the server shouldn't be so hard. We just need someone to step up and organize the thing.

Keep those comics coming, Vebjorn!

Back
Top Bottom