B Musket Era [NW] Crimean War mod. (Need help with scripts)

Users who are viewing this thread

1st regiment of Zouaves
On_qnYXwtPo.jpg

HCyM_KGhmxg.jpg

UPD: I forgot finish texture of pants, so I'll update post when finished:smile:

3e régiment de Tirailleurs algériens ("Turcos")
pW7sByid9Jw.jpg

rLvMqW0AXfo.jpg

Officer of line infantry, undress uniform (same uniform wore most officers of French army in the Crimea)

Gs09LOWql3U.jpg

N0C4zMncppI.jpg

1j-54rgC0h8.jpg

hvBuXnhGEGY.jpg

G3vQ_x4eiSE.jpg

PpRIKbDWl6U.jpg

Ls9V2QAg87I.jpg

French officer of tirailleurs algériens

Ls4Iedp7eTI.jpg

x2lH7qMhhgE.jpg

Officer of voligeurs of the Imperial Guard (wearing crimeenne)

qNblLORbDqM.jpg

ameoVTxiKao.jpg

Similar uniform wore General of 2nd regiment of voltigeurs of the Imperial Guard Louis Roger de Marolles (1808-1855), when he was killed during attack on Malakhoff on 8th September 1855.

e495d1c5be2c6e2dc36a4473c8a9c6e5.jpg

51b465e8761e.jpg

For now there is progress only with uniforms, guys who helped me earlier stopped for a time their work (on buildings and scenes), so for now I'm working alone and I have time only for uniforms.
I'll need many scripts, most important and most difficult of them probably is AI-controlled artillery with crew of 2 or 3 men (they can be replaced with nearby units with decreasing accuracy comparing to artillery units), in Warband there are siege towers which move only when there are soldiers near them, artillery can be made in similar way I guess, but I'm only beginner in Python, so such script I can't write myself.
And there will be plenty of other scripts, as example mine warfare - there will be tunnels (mines) underground in different directions, filled with destructible earth, so sappers can dig these tunnels, and there will be places, where explosion can be made, which will destroy part of defences, or make a big crater on the surface, and defenders can dig counter-mines and with directed blast destroy part of attacker's mines. But maybe it's too difficult, I don't know.
Also I'll need scripts for 6-horses artillery train, so on each left horse there will be player (or maybe bot), if horse is killed - it's corpse must be unharness, if rider is killed - there will be pauses in control of horses. With each killed horse decreases speed of train (if there are all six of them, they can gallop as ordinary heavy horses). It can be used in multiplayer, so we'll have fast horse artillery:smile:

But most important script is scripts for AI-controlled guns.

Ivkolya said:
For now there is progress only with uniforms, guys who helped me earlier stopped for a time their work (on buildings and scenes), so for now I'm working alone and I have time only for uniforms.
I'll need many scripts, most important and most difficult of them probably is AI-controlled artillery with crew of 2 or 3 men (they can be replaced with nearby units with decreasing accuracy comparing to artillery units), in Warband there are siege towers which move only when there are soldiers near them, artillery can be made in similar way I guess, but I'm only beginner in Python, so such script I can't write myself.
And there will be plenty of other scripts, as example mine warfare - there will be tunnels (mines) underground in different directions, filled with destructible earth, so sappers can dig these tunnels, and there will be places, where explosion can be made, which will destroy part of defences, or make a big crater on the surface, and defenders can dig counter-mines and with directed blast destroy part of attacker's mines. But maybe it's too difficult, I don't know.
Also I'll need scripts for 6-horses artillery train, so on each left horse there will be player (or maybe bot), if horse is killed - it's corpse must be unharness, if rider is killed - there will be pauses in control of horses. With each killed horse decreases speed of train (if there are all six of them, they can gallop as ordinary heavy horses). It can be used in multiplayer, so we'll have fast horse artillery:smile:

But most important script is scripts for AI-controlled guns.

I will look into it, I've been doing different AI stuff for my Blood for Land mod and I really want to have the bots use a ballista during the battles so if I can figure it out it should work for the arty as well. It might be a couple of weeks till I get back to you though.

In order to maintain interest for this thread - here are some screenshots of working on Malakoff Tower. I have not so many time for modding now, but work continues:smile:
C9ElVIIRTSE.jpg

hEJpRmt6m7U.jpg

7OnX4Ab3lk0.jpg

LEke3rbXETI.jpg

PVksUPirdas.jpg

k2G8N1NK6mU.jpg

AXJWMHtcvXo.jpg

hkjMIXw4Hfs.jpg

8c6B29j82PU.jpg

uTZ70J2IZvU.jpg

qX15itwMsao.jpg

aVrZ4hjmtd4.jpg