Dark Knights

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

should Dark Knights really appear in a historical mod?

Because they did and seem to behave normally, entering treaties, losing vassals and so. They don`t have any territory it seems.

Rgds, Oldtimer

A pity... the history of this part of the world was new to me, so the setting was kind of fresh.
I should have looked around closer before i played it for 5 hours, for the atmosphere the mods creates will get ****ed uped with this bull****.
As much as i like fantasy and invasions, but this fits the setting as good as a third boob on a male monkey.
Not mentioned anyway, not possible to turn it off.
I don't get what is wrong with people these days.
The mod is so well made and polished... but well, rest in peace.

I just wanted to note for others reading this thread that these 'Dark Knights' are the Ming Dynasty which have Chinese troop skins, not some out of place fantasy Dark Knight skin. Their invasion can also be turned off, delayed, random or made to appear immediately which is handy to have a look at them if you so wish, like I did.

I thought I'd mention this as I have just discovered this mod and almost dismissed it when I saw this thread title indicating these fantasy knights were in it. I figure now they were initially acting as a place holder for the actual Ming troops but have already been replaced since the OP posted this thread.

The mod looks absolutely fantastic by the way. It gave me the same sense of awe like back in the day when the Brytenwalda mod came out. Good stuff, I look forward to getting stuck in.

sPOONz said:
I just wanted to note for others reading this thread that these 'Dark Knights' are the Ming Dynasty which have Chinese troop skins, not some out of place fantasy Dark Knight skin. Their invasion can also be turned off, delayed, random or made to appear immediately which is handy to have a look at them if you so wish, like I did.

I thought I'd mention this as I have just discovered this mod and almost dismissed it when I saw this thread title indicating these fantasy knights were in it. I figure now they were initially acting as a place holder for the actual Ming troops but have already been replaced since the OP posted this thread.

The mod looks absolutely fantastic by the way. It gave me the same sense of awe like back in the day when the Brytenwalda mod came out. Good stuff, I look forward to getting stuck in.

Yeah the Dark Knight Invasion began around day 200 for me in one of my run throughs and as luck would have it, I was an unattached merc at the time so I pledged to the General of the Ming Army and am now a Ming Lord :smile:

As far as the troops, they are all Chinese and include Ming Commanders, Ming Calvary, Ming Guard Infantry, Ming Footman and Ming Matchlockman all like Level 24 or higher.  They have no low level recruits.  Almost all units carry some sort of ranged weapon usually a Chinese Strong Bow.  Individually the troops aren't OPed though and there are many other high level faction troops I feel are alot more efficient and/or powerful, though I have to admit the Ming Troops are very well rounded as an army.  One issue I ran into a a Ming Lord is both Good and Bad.  The bad is that as a player lord you can ONLY recruit Ming Footmen from villages and this only upgrade to either Ming Calvary or Ming Guard meaning you don't have access to the Elite Ming Commanders or any of the Ming ranged troops.  The good is that these Ming Footmen are level 24 and only cost 10 gold each to recruit just like peasants. They also level super fast to the Ming Calvary or Ming Guard (level 26 troops).

Initially the Ming comes off very strong but I am about another 60-80 days in and most of the Ming Lords are pretty beat up now with many only fielding 60-80 troops.  Additionally while they have conquered  quite a few cities and castles, they are scattered all over the map which means in any given area they are spread pretty thinly and alot of them are getting picked off by factions who have more active lords in a given area who are just wearing the Ming Lord armies down to nothing.  One neat thing about the Ming though is that when the Marshall calls, every Ming lord answers without fail so when they want a castle or city, they can usually take that castle or city.  I am having a ton of fun being a Ming Lord but I have to say I think over time, things might get really, really rough for the Ming and they seem to be starting to show the strain.

Back
Top Bottom