Battle: I cannot select/give orders

Users who are viewing this thread

joemclutz

Recruit
Hi mates! :smile:
I cannot select troops by clicking 1,2,3... etc (Infrantry, Musketeers, etc.) and give 'em orders by function keys.
In Options>Controls they are called "Group1", "Group2" etc. but it seems I can't change 'em... What am I missin'?
(same thing for function keys: "Select order 1" etc.)
Thanks!

I'm having the same problem here :-/
I remember from the warband games that once you selected a group, and wanted to select an order, it gave you a menu what to select.
Now I don't see anything popping up...
Any ideas?

The order system is quite different now. So far I figured out that ctrl-1 will make all your infantry charge, ctrl-2 for musketeers, ctrl-3 for cavalry.

To position troops you have to select their icon on the map and move this to the desired position (at the start of the battle or by re-opening the map with backspace).
Sometimes when you place a unit too far from your starting position during deployment, they are taken off the map and can be redeployed by selecting their icon on the right of the map. Hovering the cursor over a unit icon gives you the option to set them to passive or aggressive, though they hold position in both stances I believe.

Moving troops in combat this way is pretty awkward. Since the map doesn't show the terrain you never know where exactly to place your men in order to have them, for instance, placed at the top of a ridge or behind some trees.
I have to say I liked the system in Warband a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom