Suggestions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

My suggestions(if any of these are already planned then I apologize) :

- Make player and crew visible on deck during naval fights, maybe just steering the wheel,  manning cannons, and working sails whenever you activate them. Having empty ships that look like they operate on their own really takes the immersion from the naval fights.

- Make the cargo that would drop if an enemy ship was scuttled be added to the ship's cargo if you destroy the rigging and capture it instead.

- Add option to join factions/rebels as a crewman/soldier in a "lord's" army, or as a trade caravan guardsmen.

- Add player made cities.

- Add more Pirate factions that can take and hold cities.

- Make assigning/commanding different groups easier on both land and sea. For instance I have a group called "Captain's Guard" that would be slot 6, I can't seem to command them directly in combat and I can't assign them to groups in the party screen. The same with Naval combat, it would be nice to have some "move to" and "move to and hold position" commands to do things like surround the enemy and what not.

- Add Skirmish function for ranged units, and things like shield/spear walls with pikemen and other infantry.

- Make ship's cannons slower to reload as crew dies, maybe make the cannons themselves be able to be hit and disabled. (not sure if the crew thing is already in or not)

- Make ally's ships enter battles when you assist them in a battle, currently it says you rush to their aid and actually just take on the enemy by yourself.

I think you should put the French in the "Good Catholic" trait, because it's neither historical (France was Catholic and Huguenot never got too much influence in the French colonization of Americas) , nor really good gameplay-wise because that make almost totally useless to take that trait while the "Puritan" one become almost OP because every other faction than the Spanish and the Brotherhood of Coast are included in it.

ayanel said:
I think you should put the French in the "Good Catholic" trait, because it's neither historical (France was Catholic and Huguenot never got too much influence in the French colonization of Americas) , nor really good gameplay-wise because that make almost totally useless to take that trait while the "Puritan" one become almost OP because every other faction than the Spanish and the Brotherhood of Coast are included in it.

Agree +1

1. The game needs a wider range of music. the music is good but it gets old really fast over time.
2. I think there should be impressment of sailors that are not involved in battles. I don't think mercenary sailors that work ships and surviving a ship battle won't mind being recruited by someone else every now and then.
3. Female Characters
4. More facial/body options
5. Languages based on nation

WolfDrache said:
I am confused why is the Modders going away from the original Warband design? If it isn't going to be like the actual Mount and Blade design I want my money back please. I can't do land battles and why is there pikemen in this you can't use pikemen on ship boarding they are too long. I never seen a boarding crew having pikes and halberds the most I have seen is for two-handed weapons is sword, axes, and muskets in boarding fights. This not middle ages, it is supposed to be after the renaissance period. So I guess I should ask for my money back!

The style of weaponry and armor are really accurate to this time period. Weapons like short swords, knives, short axes, and pistols were mostly used by sailors because once a boarding battle (which we see a lot of in this game) happens, weapons needed to be used fast and large weapons can only do so much when they don't have space to swing. Polearms and 2h swords were mostly used in land battles but they can also take on an enemy sailor trying to swing from their ship to yours and that's why pole arms were useful at see to. boarding axes hacked at boarders trying to climb aboard. Don't worry, the makers got the weapons right :smile:

I don't know if the below suggestions have been mentioned before or if the devs are still adding new features to the game or just patching it but I will post my ideas nonetheless :smile:

1)More visual diversity regarding ships. Right now I own a Manila Galleon and a 1st rate Ship of the Line and the look exactly the same.
2)I would love to see a Man-o-War ship (don't know if it already exists).
3) More ship types. I am thinking something like Treasure ship. (from good ol' Sea Dogs days)
4)Don't know if this is an engine restriction but cargo ships all get crumbed up because they follow the exact same trade routes. It is a bit annoying when you try to pick up a cargo ship of an enemy faction to raid when there are cargo ships of all nations  all messed up.

Cheers!

The new running animations when you are not carring any weapon (not new in this patch, but new in Blood and Gold) look terrible, you should change it back to the native one, in my opinion.

I am Canadian said:
I am not expecting you guys to finish all this at once, do it slowly, take your time :wink: I know making game is not a 1 day job, it takes time and lots of testing.

My ideas:

1. Female characters
2. A leader for each faction
3. Start a fight in the tavern (When you kill players in a tavern, nobody seems to care or move, I say if you kill someone in the Tavern, people gets up and try to kill you)
4. More Troops
5. More Quests
6. More commands such as (Formations)
7. New scenes (Able to go into Governor's mansion, Fort, Walk into the town, go into your own building; Factories)
8. Diplomacy
9. Religions
10. Local Tribes (more factions, make some villages)
11. New ships
12. New Weapons
13. More Face
14. Rework the tavern
15. Books
16. Siege Cannons in battle also for defending the fort

First of all, thank you for this fun mod, I would like to add to this list which I agree:
-Disable companions complains, they are pointless and inaccurate.
-More Companions, female ones too.
-A good rework of the battle options, they are quite difficult to handle.
-Add option of camping for resting cheap.
-Add option of checking your fleet at the sea, as in Viking Conquest.

Perhaps a rework on being captured I like the whole captured off tonthe mines thing but if im broke i cant leave the island and on the small ones no bandits to fight to make money so you get stuck.

jackfirestorm said:
Perhaps a rework on being captured I like the whole captured off tonthe mines thing but if im broke i cant leave the island and on the small ones no bandits to fight to make money so you get stuck.

Just do supicious man missions. People seem to think you need good equipment to do them, but that is incorrect.

In most missions you can pick up a better weapon from the first round of enemies. In some missions you don't even need to do that (for example, assination missions. Or the beat up a noble mission, because your thugs usually can win it on their own, just help out a little with your club in the back).

The only exception, literally the only one where it is hard to do with starting equipment, is the 5k attack the mine mission, because you need a good firearm to solve that one (since the enemies start so far away in different places).

So if you get that mission, just run away as soon as it starts. In other words, try to leave the mine. Once you get off into the distance, close to the bridge, you will exit the mission.

In fact, you can give up on most suspicious man missions just by running away, with no danger. If you were really afraid of them, you could just run away until you get the beat up a noble or the assinate a noble mission, both of which are completely safe and will get you the money to buy a ship.

I think the developers inserted the supicious man missions partially to allow you to earn money to buy a ship.

It really sucks that I can't attack in mid air. Like, really. A game where I can swing on rope onto the opposing ship, come swooping down towards the enemy...but can't bury my cutlass in their skulls as I land. That's unforgivable! So many possibilities for cool swashbuckling moments wasted :facepalm:.

Enjoyed my time with Caribbean very much overall :smile:...but stilll...smdh.

kraggrim said:
It really sucks that I can't attack in mid air. Like, really. A game where I can swing on rope onto the opposing ship, come swooping down towards the enemy...but can't bury my cutlass in their skulls as I land. That's unforgivable! So many possibilities for cool swashbuckling moments wasted :facepalm:.

Enjoyed my time with Caribbean very much overall :smile:...but stilll...smdh.
There is a line in module.ini that controls that. Just change it.

"disable_attack_while_jumping"

Back
Top Bottom