Suggestions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

joemclutz said:
John C said:
I actually don't mind that. Since you don't take your ship's crew with you an land you could assume that you give them instructions on where to take the ships while you're ashore.

hmmm... Yes and not: I could change my plans and I could not drop 'em a call...

@joemclutz Thank you for support!
@Emperor of Calradia I like all your suggestions! Only N:3 bothers me a little, will support it if NO fantasy or magic is related. I hate such mystical themes to ruin an immersive realistic game. I like Age of Caribbean better than its successor because it lacked skeletons and magical items which has no place in any realistic RPG.

wildyracing said:
Only N:3 bothers me a little, will support it if NO fantasy or magic is related. I hate such mystical themes to ruin an immersive realistic game. I like Age of Caribbean better than its successor because it lacked skeletons and magical items which has no place in any realistic RPG.
I suppose he means ships with unique configurations. For instance, a War Brig that mounts 32pdr cannons on the bow, or one that has cannons both bow and stern. Maybe a 2nd rate Ship with one less gun deck that it´s lighter and maneuvers like a 5th rate Frigate...something like that.

I have recently started to use some two-handed weapons like the cut halberd and axe, and I think they would do way better with polearm animations, even if it means changing them back to polearm.
Also, when are we gonna see some delicious spread damage from the blunderbuss?

Artillery should have a longer range?
I have 2 English Gunners and they don't start firing the artillery until the enemy is close , which is quite disappointing , because what's the point of artillery if you can't hit them from long range.
You might as well call them "First-Generation Shotguns" :razz: Because it basically is a shotgun :/, close range and wide AOE

Thank you for adding some new tunes with update 6!

A good thing in my eyes in terms of diversity, as I do like to put in my own tracks and can now add more than before and for more specific scenes, such as the tavern. I think the track "latino" fits the game's setting quite well, while the "city" track reminds me more of a Western movie. Well, good thing we can customize such things, which is perfect. :smile:

What I would really like to see very much for some personal scene editing work, which I really like to do, would be if you could remove the tavern entrance door - or better: detach it from the tavern model. As of now, the door is a part of the model and as such is always closed. I would like to (extensively) edit the scene for myself, remove the door to be able to walk along the beach, to the ships we can see through the window and a bit across the island. I do like the tavern you created and all that stands in my way is that door. :smile: So I would greatly appreciate if you could detach the door from that tavern mesh.

Other than that, I think that those last two updates are steps in the right direction and help make Caribbean! more enjoyable. There's lots of great potential here and I am looking forward to any future updates!

Cheers!

I was in a tavern and thought it would be a cool addition to give some random lines to the customer, like you greet him and he ask you money for a drink  and if you accept he could tell you a rumor like X city sell Y really cheap or maybe one is a drunken belligerent, or a man who will join your crew (a really low soldier), but making it a low occurence. 

I would like to see the Developers consider changing the Stat and Skill system to be more like the one used in the new Viking Conquest DLC.

In that system players and NPCs start with higher Stats.  They can put one point into them every 3 levels.  Skills on the other hand get multiple points for every level.  This gives players and companions the feel of having innate abilities or those learned from a lifelong background, while still allowing them to learn to do things to a degree of competency based on it.  Spending a year fighting as a Captain will see you improving in what you do at a rate expected by a player, instead of slowly becoming more deadly at the helm than a screaming child.

What this requires is much higher starting Stat levels, on the order of about what a level 20 character would have.  That means a little bit of work going through the module to tweak everyone's base Stats.  What it provides is a more realistic feeling experience while leveling up a character based on your backstory and more immediate helpful results from leveling up the experts in your party.

james_manring said:
I would like to see the Developers consider changing the Stat and Skill system to be more like the one used in the new Viking Conquest DLC.

In that system players and NPCs start with higher Stats.  They can put one point into them every 3 levels.  Skills on the other hand get multiple points for every level.  This gives players and companions the feel of having innate abilities or those learned from a lifelong background, while still allowing them to learn to do things to a degree of competency based on it.  Spending a year fighting as a Captain will see you improving in what you do at a rate expected by a player, instead of slowly becoming more deadly at the helm than a screaming child.

What this requires is much higher starting Stat levels, on the order of about what a level 20 character would have.  That means a little bit of work going through the module to tweak everyone's base Stats.  What it provides is a more realistic feeling experience while leveling up a character based on your backstory and more immediate helpful results from leveling up the experts in your party.

Great idea and they should have done this. Skills haven't been well thought out at all having a skill "navigation" that affects sea travel speed then another that affects land travel speed "Path-Finding" is just STUPID! The devs basically stole 10 points from the players of Caribbean! these should be combined hard enough to get started as it is.

I just wish that Snowbird would bite the bullet and accept that M&B Warband is the benchmark that they have to meet and exceed, because all the while they use the same engine we're going to treat it like a mod (because it is, to be honest).

So that means, not fanatically removing the content that came with M&B - because it's just that, deleting something that's already there. If it ain't broke, don't fix/remove it. I'm thinking of the tavern scene in particular. I think it's fair to say that we'd mind less if the tavern was just like it was in Native, because at least there would be something there rather than just the empty dull limbo that reeks of lazy development. To date, Caribbean! seems to have done much, much less for me than most free Warband mods have.

The Brytenwalda team have put so much more dedication into VC that it makes me sorely butthurt to have paid 4 quid more for this than for their far superior game. I really want to see Carribbean! get off the ground but it's looking more like an aborted foetus than a game at the moment.

So I feel like I'm one of the very few people who came to this game through the original Caribbean! and not through Mount&Blade, and from that perspective I have to say this game is an incredible improvement. A lot of the features I'm seeing suggested are to turn this game more into another Mount&Blade, but that isn't the history of this game.

As far as a suggestion I would love to see a help section that includes an overview and comparison of the different ships available, the possible upgrades for those ships, maybe a resource map, things of that nature. Basically a Caribbean! wiki.

Considering that in Caribbean! your starting stats are way better than in Warband (native) for example, I feel that weapon/armor prerequisites should be a lot higher. For example I start with 14 or 15 Strenght and the heaviest weapon (or armor) demands less, which doesn't stimulate a player to evolve and the RPG system suffers a bit.

Maybe you can make those prerequisites higher to balance things out?

Articulo34 said:
wildyracing said:
Considering that in Caribbean! your starting stats are way better than in Warband (native) for example...
Try the escaped convict.

I tried it - a lot harder start. But nonetheless I don't feel that if you start as something else than "escaped convict" you should have already met every prerequisite for every weapon/armor in-game, don't you agree on that?

I made a post about this a while ago, but I decided it was worthy of bringing up again.  Every time I enter a ship battle after about 10-20 seconds of sailing all ships on the map start to rotate down into the water and then spin uncontrollably.  This has rendered ship battles completely unplayable for me.  I've tried uninstalling Carribean! and reinstaling it, but it made no difference.

I'm curious if this bug is happening to anyone else or if it is just me.  Please let me know if you too are experiencing this bug.

Thanks

wildyracing said:
I tried it - a lot harder start. But nonetheless I don't feel that if you start as something else than "escaped convict" you should have already met every prerequisite for every weapon/armor in-game, don't you agree on that?
No, I don´t. If you want a tough start as Mr. Weakling Nobody that´s what the escaped convict is for. For those who want an easier yet role defined one, they have the other three options.

And you seem to forget that with a strength of 10 you could already use any armor and almost any weapon in Native Warband. Something that, if I remember correctly, could be obtained at level 1.

Articulo34 said:
wildyracing said:
No, I don´t. If you want a tough start as Mr. Weakling Nobody that´s what the escaped convict is for. For those who want an easier yet role defined one, they have the other three options.

And you seem to forget that with a strength of 10 you could already use any armor and almost any weapon in Native Warband. Something that, if I remember correctly, could be obtained at level 1.

You are wrong. In native Warband there are weapons which require 12-13 strength or more (mostly masterwork, but ordinary as well). The point is that in native Warband you could probably start with 10 strength as you said above, but doing this will get all your other attributes to be very poor. In Caribbean! you can easily start will all your skills above 10 which isn't very good for a RPG.  :shock:

you start with really high stat in VC and can use almost everything, doesn't cut the rpg part for me
I found it dumb when some weapons have awfully high requirement, like the best one handed sword which is masterwork needing 12. It doesn't make sense for me, it should be easier to use since it's masterwork and your crappy equipement should be heavier.
In Caribbean apart for the plate armor I don't see what should require high stats

wildyracing said:
You are wrong. In native Warband there are weapons which require 12-13 strength or more (mostly masterwork, but ordinary as well). The point is that in native Warband you could probably start with 10 strength as you said above, but doing this will get all your other attributes to be very poor. In Caribbean! you can easily start will all your skills above 10 which isn't very good for a RPG.  :shock:
I said almost. Mostly it´s the Morningstar, a couple of two-handed hammers and a couple of polearms that are over 10.

Yes, you can start in Caribbean! with a 6th Rate Frigate and the stats of a veteran...or with an Armed Boat and barely able to lift a sword. It´s called choices and it´s up to you to pick the one you find the most interesting. There is no need to nerf anything.

Back
Top Bottom