Author Topic: Suggestions and ideas  (Read 20766 times)

jackfirestorm

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: 42nd jack
Re: Suggestions and ideas
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2016, 04:09:04 AM »
Perhaps a rework on being captured I like the whole captured off tonthe mines thing but if im broke i cant leave the island and on the small ones no bandits to fight to make money so you get stuck.
Man with a crossbow in the proper position at the proper time’s worth a corps of heavy artillery half an hour late and ten miles down the road from where it should be

Tingyun

• Knight at Arms
  • Hooded Horse Inc., an Indie Game Studio in Texas
    • Steam - hoodedhorse
    • Twitter - @HoodedHorseInc
    • View Profile
    • Hooded Horse
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2016, 07:17:08 PM »
Perhaps a rework on being captured I like the whole captured off tonthe mines thing but if im broke i cant leave the island and on the small ones no bandits to fight to make money so you get stuck.

Just do supicious man missions. People seem to think you need good equipment to do them, but that is incorrect.

In most missions you can pick up a better weapon from the first round of enemies. In some missions you don't even need to do that (for example, assination missions. Or the beat up a noble mission, because your thugs usually can win it on their own, just help out a little with your club in the back).

The only exception, literally the only one where it is hard to do with starting equipment, is the 5k attack the mine mission, because you need a good firearm to solve that one (since the enemies start so far away in different places).

So if you get that mission, just run away as soon as it starts. In other words, try to leave the mine. Once you get off into the distance, close to the bridge, you will exit the mission.

In fact, you can give up on most suspicious man missions just by running away, with no danger. If you were really afraid of them, you could just run away until you get the beat up a noble or the assinate a noble mission, both of which are completely safe and will get you the money to buy a ship.

I think the developers inserted the supicious man missions partially to allow you to earn money to buy a ship.

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2017, 04:29:11 PM »
It really sucks that I can't attack in mid air. Like, really. A game where I can swing on rope onto the opposing ship, come swooping down towards the enemy...but can't bury my cutlass in their skulls as I land. That's unforgivable! So many possibilities for cool swashbuckling moments wasted :facepalm:.

Enjoyed my time with Caribbean very much overall :)...but stilll...smdh.

Articulo34

• Baron
  • Shadenfreude
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Articulo34
  • WBVC
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2017, 11:13:57 PM »
It really sucks that I can't attack in mid air. Like, really. A game where I can swing on rope onto the opposing ship, come swooping down towards the enemy...but can't bury my cutlass in their skulls as I land. That's unforgivable! So many possibilities for cool swashbuckling moments wasted :facepalm:.

Enjoyed my time with Caribbean very much overall :)...but stilll...smdh.
There is a line in module.ini that controls that. Just change it.

"disable_attack_while_jumping"
"Hitler ist ein Trottel, Mussolini auch!" - Homer J. Simpson

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2017, 11:42:53 PM »
That simple... *weeps*

Thank you articulo.