Author Topic: Suggestions and ideas  (Read 20767 times)

mike56

• Master Knight
  • Caballeros de Calradia admin
    • View Profile
    • Caballeros de Calradia
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: CdC_mikeboix
  • WBNWWF&SM&BVC
Re: Suggestions and ideas
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 10:23:15 PM »
Taverns should have more life. Maybe gambling and fights.

John the Roleplayer

• Knight at Arms
  • The one who bought the book
    • Steam - thedukeofm
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 01:26:40 AM »
I just ranked up to Captain Lieutenant and, being now able to purchase warships, discovered that small warships (sloop-of-war, small corvette) look like merchantmen.
It's not much fun to captain a vessel that looks wrong to you, so I hope they'll improve on that.

wildyracing

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 10:14:18 AM »
I just ranked up to Captain Lieutenant and, being now able to purchase warships, discovered that small warships (sloop-of-war, small corvette) look like merchantmen.
It's not much fun to captain a vessel that looks wrong to you, so I hope they'll improve on that.

Also, armed boat (the smallest available ship in the game) looks like a bigger two mast ship in boarding scenes. Should be fixed also.

joemclutz

• Recruit
  • "Touch not a cat but a glove"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: joemclutz
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 01:12:26 PM »
..."Rent-a-fleet" system still in use: I can disembark in Pomeroon and embark again with my fleet in San Agustin: it's weird. I'd have to go back in Pomeroon to set sail again.

Joe Mc Lutz
"Touch not a cat but a glove"

wildyracing

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 03:08:36 PM »
..."Rent-a-fleet" system still in use: I can disembark in Pomeroon and embark again with my fleet in San Agustin: it's weird. I'd have to go back in Pomeroon to set sail again.

This has been reported too many times.... the devs obviously don't want to make it good.

Also, why not give us an option to embark on shores just like in Viking Conquest?

John the Roleplayer

• Knight at Arms
  • The one who bought the book
    • Steam - thedukeofm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2015, 06:04:27 PM »

I actually don't mind that. Since you don't take your ship's crew with you an land you could assume that you give them instructions on where to take the ships while you're ashore.

wildyracing

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 06:54:40 AM »

I actually don't mind that. Since you don't take your ship's crew with you an land you could assume that you give them instructions on where to take the ships while you're ashore.

I respect your logic friend, but you can also assume that the map is 3D... but it is not, eh? So, I don't want to assume a non-obvious thing just to keep the gameplay immersive...

Emperor of Calradia

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2015, 09:14:43 AM »
1) More faces,beards,hairstyles.
2) Ship customization.Its shame that VC have customization,and pirate related game doesn`t.
3) Unique ships.From pirate myths maybe.
4) Better ship combat.It laggs as hell.Ships going underwater bug,and combat is boring as whole.Sid`Meier Pirates style combat will be enough for me,unless you can improve current one,which i doubt is possible on current engine.
5) Unique NPC.Nothing personal,but its unforgivable that you devs of such big mods are so lazy to make different NPC appearances,rather than using default.
6) Tutorial
7) Better interface (More simple)
8 ) More faction related armors.Pirate clothing,Conquistador clothing for Spain.
9) Faster town screen.
10) Bigger variety of locations,instead of clones.
11) More background options like "peasant,and faction related.
12) Choose country from beginning (for relationship boost)
13) Better quests maybe.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:19:53 AM by Emperor of Calradia »

joemclutz

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 12:27:52 PM »
This has been reported too many times.... the devs obviously don't want to make it good.

Also, why not give us an option to embark on shores just like in Viking Conquest?

Yeah!   :mrgreen:
Joe Mc Lutz

joemclutz

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 12:29:34 PM »

hmmm... Yes and not: I could change my plans and I could not drop 'em a call...
Joe Mc Lutz

wildyracing

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2015, 09:32:36 AM »

hmmm... Yes and not: I could change my plans and I could not drop 'em a call...

@joemclutz Thank you for support!
@Emperor of Calradia I like all your suggestions! Only N:3 bothers me a little, will support it if NO fantasy or magic is related. I hate such mystical themes to ruin an immersive realistic game. I like Age of Caribbean better than its successor because it lacked skeletons and magical items which has no place in any realistic RPG.

Articulo34

• Baron
  • Shadenfreude
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Articulo34
  • WBVC
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2015, 02:28:07 PM »
Only N:3 bothers me a little, will support it if NO fantasy or magic is related. I hate such mystical themes to ruin an immersive realistic game. I like Age of Caribbean better than its successor because it lacked skeletons and magical items which has no place in any realistic RPG.
I suppose he means ships with unique configurations. For instance, a War Brig that mounts 32pdr cannons on the bow, or one that has cannons both bow and stern. Maybe a 2nd rate Ship with one less gun deck that it´s lighter and maneuvers like a 5th rate Frigate...something like that.
"Hitler ist ein Trottel, Mussolini auch!" - Homer J. Simpson

[email protected]

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »
guys srsly - fix them troop commands plz!

Tovias

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2015, 09:18:38 PM »
I have recently started to use some two-handed weapons like the cut halberd and axe, and I think they would do way better with polearm animations, even if it means changing them back to polearm.
Also, when are we gonna see some delicious spread damage from the blunderbuss?

joemclutz

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2015, 11:57:39 AM »
oh! Nice Fixes and mantained saving-compatibility too! :D
Thanks!
Joe Mc Lutz