Great mod! Review inside!

Users who are viewing this thread

Sunny Beach

Veteran
If you love any of the following :

1 Hilariously bad combat ( Starting battles with your+enemy armies spawned inside eachother - Rampant fist fighting )
2 Bugged troop appearances ( Masks/helmets levitate feet away from the soldier who should wear it )
3 Broken Sieges ( See the first entry )
4 Broken AI ( These men are clearly not trained in the use of explosives and will often play hot potato with you )
5 The possibility of moose cavalry?
6 Broken Tavern Hosts ( They seem to think they're your companions, they must've been tasting the supply )
7 No leaders ( Apparently every kingdoms leader is a follower of a vassal of another kingdom, which is a vassal of another kingdom, which is a vass- you get the gist )

Then this will probably be enjoyable for you, but not for me.

This mod also seems to be heading in a more silly direction with the apparent addition of moose cavalry, so if that's something you don't want to be part of, I would suggest turning away from this forum as well.

I understand that this is very unfinished, emphasis on very, and is not in a playable state. My suggestion is, that if you're looking for a well-made mod then this is not the one for you, although bug hunting is quite easy as they're everywhere.

This mod has the potential to become something great, with work. The guns seems well-made and the building models, uniform, and weapon models seem nice as well.

Sunny Beach said:
If you love any of the following :

1 Hilariously bad combat ( Starting battles with your+enemy armies spawned inside eachother - Rampant fist fighting )
2 Bugged troop appearances ( Masks/helmets levitate feet away from the soldier who should wear it )
3 Broken Sieges ( See the first entry )
4 Broken AI ( These men are clearly not trained in the use of explosives and will often play hot potato with you )
5 The possibility of moose cavalry?
6 Broken Tavern Hosts ( They seem to think they're your companions, they must've been tasting the supply )
7 No leaders ( Apparently every kingdoms leader is a follower of a vassal of another kingdom, which is a vassal of another kingdom, which is a vass- you get the gist )

Then this will probably be enjoyable for you, but not for me.

This mod also seems to be heading in a more silly direction with the apparent addition of moose cavalry, so if that's something you don't want to be part of, I would suggest turning away from this forum as well.

I understand that this is very unfinished, emphasis on very, and is not in a playable state. My suggestion is, that if you're looking for a well-made mod then this is not the one for you, although bug hunting is quite easy as they're everywhere.

This mod has the potential to become something great, with work. The guns seems well-made and the building models, uniform, and weapon models seem nice as well.

I agree with your review, much bug fixing is in order as well as tweaking mechanics. However if you do not like the direction the mod is taking as far as atmosphere and theme, this is what I have to say.

ScreamingCommie said:
On the subject I only have this to say.

We're modders, we dun gotta follow da rools cuz we dun hav investors/publishers to plz.

In case people haven't realized...Red Wars is a non-serious, B-movie esque mod about radically different ideologies clashing. We like it like that and many of our watchers do as well. To me, it's what sets Red Wars apart from most other warband mods and why I love working on it. There is a lot of things to criticize about this mod, but criticizing it's realism and historical accuracy is like criticizing a dark comedy for not being a gritty war movie. To me when people do this it shows to me that they totally missed the point if the mod and I just read over those comments.

I do agree about replacing the Ak, it does break the game world a bit and feels out of place. It was a gift that we got when the team was only two people. I am confident now that Red Wars is at great enough strength to mostly sustain itself. In the future we will work on replacing gifts and osps that are out of place with our own stuff.

However if people want a serious industrial era mod I strongly recommend the upcoming Battle for Yugoslavia and Calradia: Blood and Steel 1870. I'm sorry this mod is not what you were looking for, but the theme is not going to change anytime soon.

Maybe less comment space can now be used to improve the mod instead of trying to turn it in to some thing it's not. Tbh I did not expect this rant to get this long, but hopefully it helps clarify some things.

I suppose that explains quite a bit, that quote. I had looked around for some kind of description of the mod, but somehow I never found that.

I have only this to say:
2mihwm.gif

Mod's in a Beta, bugs are to expected. It's not finished yet.
For a Beta, this mod is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom