Bugs reporting thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Antonis said:
Hello, following your suggestion, I tested all the skins, hair and beards and also clicked randomize for many times. Nothing of the sort happened.  :???:
So, please, can you tell what version of Warband you use? If it's Steam version, it should be fine. Also, what OS you use, MacOS or Windows? Because the mod is only for Windows. Thank you!

I have the current version of MB im running windows xp and not from steam

Hmmm. If it is, you know, not purchased, I cannot help. Not because I don't want to, but I don't know if there's something wrong with it. Also, about Windows XP. I was able to run fine Warband till version 1.143(we are now in 1.168, btw) in my old PC, which had XP, but I don't know now.  :???:
Sorry, man, I don't know what's wrong. I asked a friend that is playtesting all my mods, he doesn't have that issue, but he's on Windows 7 and Steam, so...

if i can manage to get the error screen to come forward ill SS that for ya if itll help...my laptop though is fairly old also......but if i can manage to get the error code ill send it your way

I can not go to EUPALIA , village farmers too . I try to get in there but nothing happened

sorry for my English .. :sad:

Vraelomon said:
It seems as though the village of Eupalia has become accessible. Which is a shame, because it's my fief  :cry:
z2l4a.jpg

It's also literally the worst fief I could possibly have, it's so far away from Athens that its impossible to defend  :razz:
If you cant tell from the pic, some farmers and looters are trapped there too. I tried coming back after the village was rebuilt, but unfortunately...
dCL6f.jpg
I blame the macedonians.

yes ! i stumbled across this a while ago and went  :shock: what on earth are they producing in there that they can't sell in the city  :razz:
But yes it's probably just a pathfinding issue or something to do with the terrain.
I always get fiefs right at the border of the persian empire  :facepalm: with my 63 sized party and get steamrolled by their entire warhost.

It's the terrain. or rather, it was. I have fixed that in the last patch, I think and also, for version 1.06. Sorry about that.  :oops:
As for the border fiefs, that is not a mod bug and actually, not a bug at all. In the Native game, you start receiving the most 'dangerous' fief, the one newly captured or in the edge of your Empire, the less important one and the more difficult to defend. It's the same.

Oh i wasn't complaining :smile: i just thought "wow archstrategos either really places a lot of trust in me.... oooor really wants to see my stuff burn  :ohdear: "
No need to be sorry bout the one tiny bug man. With all that awsome work you put into this for free i don't think anyone can really complain about the minor hiccups that eventually happen to everyone :smile:

Also... i'm superexcited for the new patch  :party:

Thank you for your understanding and that trust and excitement are rewards on their own.  :smile:
The new version is ready 99%, tomorrow at some point(probably morning) I will implement some new sounds sent to me by ComradeCrimso, an awesome voice actor and then I will (try to) upload the mod. I say try to, because my Internet is crap and it usually takes about 2 or 3 tries to upload large files.

Just noticed a typo on a loading screen "After the battle the Athenians were give the honour of...", while it should've been "given".
Also one thing that often bugs me and i probably have it wrong but are the troops called "Heilos" not Helios?
I think they are in the Athenian tree and upgrade to a slinger unit.
Correct me if its just my ignorance speaking  :oops:

Sorry to hear about losing the module files :sad: hopefully in time you'll have them ready enough to work with again.
And make a copy on an external harddrive :razz:

Btw ComradeCrimso... is that the same voiceactor who does the bandit voices? "You are a doglicker !!!" this one always cracks me up  :lol:
Or "i take money ... or i take skull"... really the quality is just as good as native had or even better.

the correct is what it's in the game. "ειλοτας/heilotas" or "ειλος/Heilos" was the name whom the spartans
gave to the slaves they had. they were in a constant extreme oppresion under the official spartan citizens,
and they were considered a constant threat of revolution against  the spartan regime.

that's why the spartan official state declared each year an "official" war against the heilots.
it was not punishable to kill a heilot if you were a spartan citizen, except in extreme
situations.

heilots were the lowest class in spartan society, then there were the "perioikoi"
who were free citizens but not with equal rights as the "pure" spartans, perioikoi would follow the spartans in
the hoplite phalanx (i think) formation" while "heilots" would make up for the skirmisher's units.
or at least those who were judged to be reliable.
the "perioikoi" had liberty and a right to own property.

on the other hand "helios/ηλιος" means "sun", like the planet :grin: :grin:

it's quite interesting how the spartan society was formed. i read a book now of
Paul cartledge named "the spartans" it's not a great book to read, but maybe the translation
of this book was awfull.

Thanks so much for explaining it !  :grin:
Well i did read up on "helots" earlier on... or at least that's what they were called in an english article, so i thought there might be a connection considering they are rather weak units in game, as were the real life... heilotas.
Actually my initial respect for spartan society did drop a tad bit when i read up on this rather odd way they used to deal with their own kinsmen... the heilotas technically speaking were greeks no?
Anyways i suppose it makes sense, since being at constant threat and war, either made by themselves or from the outside, made the spartans who they were.

Although what does interest me is whether the perioikoi and heilotas were seen as second class citizens due to their ethnic background or social status.
I mean in feudal times peasants and nobility were really only different by family, land ownership and subsequently wealth.

So were the Spartans basically a "hardcore" feudal society or was their main focus on earlier tribal allegiances from before the city states were founded?  :shock:

Well at least now thanks to you i know the difference between helios and heilotas :grin:

I guess its time to grab some reading material on athenian and spartan society some time this year  :lol:

This mod totally rekindled my love for ancient greece :grin:

Thanks for mentioning the typo, I corrected it!  :smile:
And yes, that's ComradeCrimson. He works in many mods and in some commercial games, from what I know. Great guy.

As for heilotes, Sifis gave a quite good explanation for the word. Basically, they were slaves, they were expected to die in battle as cannon fodder, so to speak and they just harassed the troops more than anything. In English, I think you are correct, they are called heltos, I followed the way of pronounciation in Greek in most Greek troops.

Now, for books about the period, I also found "The Spartans" a bit mediocre, but that's just my impression. I cannot recommend enoughPeter Green's "The Greco Perssian Wars" as a reference material, though. Excellent and very well written book, also despite being a history book, it progresses very freely, with good pace and flow.

noted antonis "the long wars" and "the greco-persian wars"!

the perioikoi were seen as a bit second class citizens, but by no means slaves.
they were free but not free enough to express an opinion of their own in a very serious
state matter. the perioikoi were made from greek citizens, but i think that the difference is that
they were born in the larger area of Lakonia, which is the place that the city of sparta is located.
they were ussaly blacksmiths, clothiers and generally founded the absolute necessary things that
the spartan elites needed. the strange thing is that the spartans refused anything made by heilots
(because heilots had no taste  :iamamoron:), except of course if the production of such materials
where the passed to perioikoi, like bronze or iron from the mines that were pretty rich  minerals.

the problem with sparta was that the city was very big and the pure spartans were
in the best of times only abut 8 or 9 thousand, that made a very small percentage of the
overall population so they had to be constantly prepered for any event of uprising.

the way that they usually grew in power was by submitting a city fear or war 
and then allying itself with them.. they formed something of a coallision. in ancient greece the theme of
war was more complicated than the more "modern" term of total war. it was very unusual
to exterminate completelly an opponent and burn his city to the ground thus giving him
no opportunity to recover. it was ussualy just a battle between armies that was off course very violent,
but then the matter was settled, there were no attrocities in common people and cities were
left to recover. this was changed when the pelopponesian war started, which was a
civil conflict between athens coalition, and the spartan coalition. then attrocities were commited from
both sides making it a kind of "total war".

i didn't know the heilots were typed in english helots. i'm such an idiot. :facepalm:

No you're not an idiot sefis  :smile: i mean i confused a peasant with the sun  :razz:
We should definitely add the info to the historical thread really.

About bugs... i searched and so far it wasn't mentioned but yesterday i attacked a party of searaiders in the..... sea  :eek:
and when the options came up about "board the vessel" the game crashed to desktop which leads me to think there might be an issue with the boarding scene or the transition thereof or any script attached to it.

Another thing which really isn't a bug but keeps happening to me is when i sell my "goods" aka looted spoils in a harbour city my usual reflex is upon exiting the marketplace screen to click again so as to leave the city BUT at the moment the "buy ship" option is where the "leave" option used to be so about 5 times now i ended up buying a ship instead of leaving town  :facepalm:
If it were possible to move the "buy ship" option further up or add a confirmation message like "are you sure you want to buy a ship?", it would probably save a few people having to reload a savegame and reselling their stuff  :razz:

Rosenberg91 said:
We should definitely add the info to the historical thread really.

Yes, please, I'd like that. Also, I have opened some research topics in the board, and you could really help me and the mod if you posted there.  :smile:

As for the sea battles, yes, they are bugged. For the next version, I have fixed the crashes, but I have used town scenes, as I am not a scener. I plan to add some scenes from OSP soon, if you guys don't mind fighting on medieval ships. And yes, the menu option isn't a bug, the leave button is below that, it takes a bit of caution. I will work on adding a confirmation message, though.  :smile:

I will see if i can copy some of that info with notes on who wrote it on there :smile:
About the internet thingy, an idea came to mind. Why not torrent the mod so someone can download it overnight even with interruptions and then can upload it from their pc.
Or just add a torrent link on the mod site.
It's not a perfect solution but it would work i think :smile:
I wanted to get into making scenes but at the moment i can't work up the energy to teach myself a whole new modding tool :sad:
Wished we could get a scener on board... no pun  :grin:

Might also help to add some realistic siege scenes.
But for now the medieval ones are ok really.
Although in all honesty... IF i manage to get my head around the scene editing, it would be worth looking at historic greek forts and city layouts to make some siege scenes.
For this mod it would definitely be worth it.

I would have to search how to upload torrents, but it seems fairly popular,so good suggestion. About scenes, sifis volunteered, I am very grateful to him. If anyone wishes to provide research material, tat would certainly help.  :smile:

Will there be female acclimated armour at some point? Having my Amazon warrior Arkasia looking like a buff man is a bit odd.

I do realize it's not completely historically accurate for women to even be fighting- but for the odd person who wants to play as the near mythical/uncertain Amazons; this might be worthwhile. Any potential of this happening? Even if the breastplates remain the same, and the arms and so forth change a bit; and the cloth armour acclimates.

Back
Top Bottom